Estes Astron Scout in orbit for 6 days, traveled 2.5 million miles

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is cool. Notice that Apt was holding an Astron Mark (his first rocket)?

That is very cool. It was my first rocket and is still one of my favorites. Nowadays, I fly a couple of Semroc Scouts.

That is very cool. It was my first rocket and is still one of my favorites. Nowadays, I fly a couple of Semroc Scouts.

Pretty cool. I wish I could have attended. My first rocket was also a Scout circa 1961-62. I still have it, unfortunately it is no longer flyable. :(
Someday I hope to build an upscale High Power version. :)

Pretty cool. I wish I could have attended. My first rocket was also a Scout circa 1961-62. I still have it, unfortunately it is no longer flyable. :(
Someday I hope to build an upscale High Power version. :)

I would love to see an upscale, but those would be some fat fins!

I would love to see an upscale, but those would be some fat fins!

I have some 1/2" thick Fiberglass Nomex honey comb from ACP that I can use to keep the weight down. I want to start off with a 4" first then maybe a 6" or 7.5". :)
I also need to rebuild my 4" Fatboy that was eaten by a combine :facepalm: and my 7.5" Fatboy that broke a fin on landing. :eyeroll:
Sorry for the hijack.

Yes. I sold my old M400S that I had since 1973, but I still have an M4000 and another M4000 on the way. Do you still have yours?

Unfortunately I've never had one...I just like them and the sound - so I lurk the Tron sites just for fun.
I got to see Frank's MKII Pindertron that he acquired before he moved away.
H even had the Moody Blues travel case for it.
Impressive, and it wasn't even working when I saw it.
He has a lot of neat projects.

Unfortunately I've never had one...I just like them and the sound - so I lurk the Tron sites just for fun.
I got to see Frank's MKII Pindertron that he acquired before he moved away.
H even had the Moody Blues travel case for it.
Impressive, and it wasn't even working when I saw it.
He has a lot of neat projects.

Frank hasn't touched #134 since he took possession of it. I hope he gets it up and running soon. It's a fine machine.

If you're into samples, mine are free: https://leisureland.us/audio/MellotronSamples/MellotronSamples.htm

These same samples are in the Redtron_SE VST plugin: https://sites.google.com/site/artifakelabs/ (there are different samples in the other Redtron versions)

Seeing how the motors we use contain their own oxidizer, I wonder if one would be able to fire a model rocket in the vacuum of space. I realize though that any imperfections in the motor's alignment could have some... interesting... effects. I also realize that fins and any recovery system would be useless. I also realize that nobody would want to do it in orbit as the solids ejected from the burning process would become hazardous debris for a long time. Perhaps from the surface of the moon, where gravity would pull it down (eventually).

Latest posts

Back