Kudos to Mark Hayes of StickerShock23

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
While I'm on a roll, another shout out to Mark of Sticker Shock fame.

It's winter, and I was building a big rocket and wanting to launch it soon. Too cold to paint outdoors in MD, and no way to paint indoors. So I e-mailed Mark, and he walked me through getting a full-rocket wrap (minus nose cone--going unpainted white).

It looks beautiful, seems indestructible, and goes on easier than you would think. And the rocket is looking awesome. No way I could paint something like this with an airbrush and fifty years of lessons!

Once I sent the payment, had it in three business days. And Mark has answered every e-mail and every (tedious) question I have put to him. And he also felt sorry for me and sent me free decals once, so he was already A+ in my book.

Thanks, Mark!

Yeah, me too.

Mark nailed the style I wanted first try, then sent multiple mock-ups in different colors so I could see how it would look. It helped tons. Then he sent an extra sticker of the entire lettering portion because one "had a goober" so I'd have an extra in case I botched one. I can't for the life of me see the goober he's talking about, even after he told me where it was.

The stickers look so good, in fact, that I want to make sure my paint is as good as possible and the stickers centered and straight to do the sticker justice.
I found a couple nicks in the paint (probably from my straight edge) that I need to fix before I put the lettering on.

The rocket's going to get scratched as soon as I launch it, but it might as well start out as close to perfect as I can get it.

Mark is one of the nicest people in this hobby and is extremely talented and creative. It's always a pleasure working on a project with him.

I can only reiterate what others have said here. Mark is responsive, talented, and more than fair. Most recently he worked with me on the lettering for Redshift, and that turned out awesome. I can't think of a time when communication has been less than stellar, really. With Redshift, response time was something like an hour or so :y:, and he had the thing in the mail a day and a half later!

Thanks Mark!

Nate

He is a Celebrity!

I saw him on TV multiple times with the Discovery Channel LDRSs and Best of LDRS specials.

Kenny

Couldn't have made the OFFl rocket w/o him...

attachment.php

15306702797_1accd7679c_k.jpg

Darn you qquake...

I've never been impressed with the Shadow's paint job. I've always thought that the Optima was the sexiest you could do with this design... Now you go and prove that there's something to the Shadow. Now I'm thinking I'll have to try one of my own (maybe when the build pile thins a smidge). I've already got the two 24mm powered downscales in the works, and the two 29mm Optima's in the que, perhaps this should be a 38mm (or larger) build.

Nice JOB!!!

I'm very happy with how it turned out. It's 5.5" with a 38mm motor mount. But I wish now that I had put a 54mm mount in it.

IMGP2063edit.jpg

WOW some AWESOME Rockets Guys....

I am so glad I can help you make your rockets EXACTLY what you want them to be!

hahahahahah
Dat's a good one Fudd,,,
I was thinking something similar...

Ringo,, forget the rockets ,,
she is adorable.....

Teddy

Nice Fudd, I guess I walked into that one.

Thanks Teddy, that's my little girl.

Oh geeezzz is she adorable.....
If there's one thing for sure
she'll make you melt in about a half a second.........

Teddy

Back