Kudos to Ted Chernok of One Bad Hawk!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
Just a shout out to someone we all know, but shouldn't take for granted.

I needed recovery harnesses quickly for my RW X-Celerator. I didn't know what to get--which material, how long, how wide....

Teddy gave me sound advice and sent me two 11/32" tubular Kevlar harnesses, a 2-loop for the main, and 3-loop for the drogue. What's more, I e-mailed him on Friday, and there they were in my mailbox on Monday ... for only $6.00 shipping. Wow!

That will allow me to ground test this weekend in time for the following weekend's launch.

They look very strong, and the craftsmanship is excellent.

I am pretty sure Ted will be at Red Glare in April, selling his stuff and smiling. Drop by!

Heyyyy,,
Thanks guys...
John I'm glad you brought up the shipping..
My site isn't very complex when it comes to shipping charges..
It only knows a dollar figure to add to an item..
So when more then one item is placed in the cart it keeps stacking on shipping charges...
I'd like to apologize for that..
I am constantly refunding money because my site added to much to the order...
Sorry bout that guys, ( and ladies,, lol )...
Not to worry though,, you can just place an order via email with me
and I'll send an invoice for you to approve before we do anything....

Thank you all so much,,,
This is going to be a glorious year in rocketry,,,
No doubt,,
Just you wait and see.....

Be safe,,,,

Teddy

I recently purchased, on e-bay, and installed a couple of Ted’s* harnesses in “Reckless Endangerment” replacing the stock items as they didn’t seem to be long enough to do the job properly.

Haven’t had the opportunity to fly the rocket with the new harnesses but it is nice to discover that “One Bad Hawk” isn’t some fly by night e-bay vender. I had never read/heard anything about this company until stumbling across this post.

*Ted!!!
Really??

I just know it is actually Thaddeus or Theodor or even Theophilus but he figures we can’t remember anything over one syllable. Bill? Pete?? Ted??? There’s a pattern here folks and it doesn’t say good things about us.

I recently purchased, on e-bay, and installed a couple of Ted’s* harnesses in “Reckless Endangerment” replacing the stock items as they didn’t seem to be long enough to do the job properly.

Haven’t had the opportunity to fly the rocket with the new harnesses but it is nice to discover that “One Bad Hawk” isn’t some fly by night e-bay vender. I had never read/heard anything about this company until stumbling across this post.

*Ted!!!
Really??

I just know it is actually Thaddeus or Theodor or even Theophilus but he figures we can’t remember anything over one syllable. Bill? Pete?? Ted??? There’s a pattern here folks and it doesn’t say good things about us.

hahahahaha,,,
That's an old family story attached to that...
The name on my birth certificate is "Ted" no middle name or anything else....lol..
I don't know why but nobody ever believed it..
I was always accused of having the name Theodore and not liking it....lol.....

Thank you again for the order.........

Teddy

TED.... you are the man! great to deal with and very helpful!

oh did I mentions... VERY NICE HARNESSES TOO!

TED.... you are the man! great to deal with and very helpful!

oh did I mentions... VERY NICE HARNESSES TOO!

You da man Mark.........lol.......
You are never leaving us......
All of our rockets would be flying naked without you.........
Where going to get together a posse,,
come out to Utah,,,,,,
throw a burlap sack over your head,,,
and kidnap you...........lol....

We just have to figure a way to kidnap all of your vinyl and machines with you............

Teddy

+1 on this. Ted was very responsive to my email questions, and quick to ship. He also actually recommended to me a cheaper product than the one I was intending to buy, as he felt that would suit my needs better. This is a sign of a good vendor, as they're valuing the service over the quick profit. I'll definitely buy from him again.

Thanks!

+1 on this. Ted was very responsive to my email questions, and quick to ship. He also actually recommended to me a cheaper product than the one I was intending to buy, as he felt that would suit my needs better. This is a sign of a good vendor, as they're valuing the service over the quick profit. I'll definitely buy from him again.

Thanks!

That is 100% correct.....
And is also one heck of a compliment...
Thank you very much indeed Glen...........
This actually happens quite often......

Thank you,, Thank you......

Teddy

Last edited:
Teddy, you rock!

I needed some custom harnesses for a couple of minimum diameter projects that I am working on. I wanted a Kevlar harness stitched to an eye bolt. I explained to him what I wanted and no worries. I received them yesterday and I am impressed with the turnaround time and the quality of the product. I will be replacing some of my well-worn harnesses soon and he will definitely get my business.

Thanks,

Teddy, you rock!

I needed some custom harnesses for a couple of minimum diameter projects that I am working on. I wanted a Kevlar harness stitched to an eye bolt. I explained to him what I wanted and no worries. I received them yesterday and I am impressed with the turnaround time and the quality of the product. I will be replacing some of my well-worn harnesses soon and he will definitely get my business.

Thanks,

Thank you ,, thank you,, Gary.....
Absolutely anytime...
The pleasure was all mine......lol....

Teddy

Teddy,

I've got some experience in Paypal integration. If you get tired of refunding money, let me know and I can try to help out with your shipping cost issue.

Teddy,

I've got some experience in Paypal integration. If you get tired of refunding money, let me know and I can try to help out with your shipping cost issue.

Thank you so much for the offer Tony....
I am constantly refunding shipping costs because my site is set up very simply...
There are too many variables with trying to get the site to charge the correct amount for shipping,,,
especially with all of the hardware...
Those items are quite often add ons to orders and are small items...
I'll leave it the way it is for the moment as I don't see anybody really minding that they get refunded a bit on the shipping charges,...

I do thank you though,,
and if I decide to make any changes to that you can bet you're gonna get an email from me....lol....

Thank you Tony,,,

Teddy

It seems to have all been said on the posts above this one, but Teddy and Onebadhawk are a pleasure to deal with. I received my harnesses just a few days after ordering and I have to say, I'm impressed! These are made with top quality materials and excellent workmanship but sold at a reasonable price. Thanks, Teddy! I'm looking forward to doing business with you in the future!

Thank you so much,,,
Boy,, ya never get tired of hearing that,, right,, lol...

Teddy

I just wanted to say Thank You Teddy!
Great communications and a great product! The 35' HD Kevlar three loop harness' exceeded expectations and will be put to good use on my L3 cert.
Thanks again
Kevin

Hey,,
Thank you so much Kevin...
You'll really enjoy the harnesses..
Good luck on the cert flight..
When is it planned ??

Teddy

Hi Teddy,
It's building season here in the desert southwest. I'm hoping to cert late fall or early winter if all goes well.
Right now work and continuing education seem to be getting in the way of fun!. I'll send you photo's of your harness in action in a few months.
Thanks
Kevin

KKKK,,
Thank you Kevin,,
Love the pic's,,, lol...

Teddy

I just had another great buying experience with Teddy and Onebadhawk.com! I ordered a set of harnesses on Friday and they were in my mailbox on Monday. That's faster shipping than Amazon! Teddy, you have outdone yourself and exceeded my expectations again. Thanks so much.

-TBob

LOl...
Thank you very much man....
Always love to hear I love the harnesses,,, that's fer sure....

Teddy

Joe,,
You ordered the 9/16" Tubular Kevlar before right ??
I was going to say wait till you see the harnesses,,
but I guess that's what generated this order,,,, lol....

Teddy

Teddy bailed me out again! I was in a bind for a recovery attachment point, and he came through, making it and shipping it Priority Mail so I'd have it in time for the build this weekend. His service is top notch.

Thank you for sure Tony...
That sounds like a smokin build man...
Don't forget the pic's,,,
you promised....lol...

Teddy

I see that I'm preaching to the choir here, but I'll say it anyway...Ted's customer service is as his website says...Simply the Best!

Back