48hrs from Major surgery, Will be off-line for a couple days.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The good new is I retired last Wedsday Feb 4th. The bad new is I'm going in for radical prostate surgery Thursday morning the 12th at noon.
Hopefully all will go well and I'll be home not later then sometime saturday for a month or two of recovery. with any kind of luck I should be back on-line sometime next week?

Til then keep the faith and flying.

In 2008 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I underwent radioactive iodine seed implantation and external beam therapy. So far so good and I'm still able to crack a filthy joke now and then! May the Grace of Christ be with you and your physicians.

Hope it all goes well and you're back to a normal (retired) life soon.

That's the worst belated retirement gift EVER! Best wishes for a successful procedure and recovery.

Congratulations on your retirement. Prayers for your surgery. We hope to hear from you soon. Get well quickly.

Holy cow, I saw the thread title and immediately thought, "Didn't Micromeister just retire?"

The next "holy cow" was seeing the description, "radical"...

Best wishes for you and your family, and my prayers for a speed and fully recovery! Keep us posted! As much as I love the photos you typically post, you don't have to post any about this!

My prayers are with you..
All will go just perfectly...
You know how fast time goes by,,
before you know it this will all be behind you and you'll have come through it with flying colors...

Teddy

Best wishes for a smooth operation and quick recovery.

Nate

Hey John, congratulations on retirement. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Get well soon.

Don

Good luck. You will back on the horse before you know it. Well, maybe not a horse.

A parcel of good mojo out to you, John. I know we're all sending good thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery. log in when you feel better-TRF won't be the same without you.

Went through that back in 2004, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Funny how those things just happen to find you when you retire. About a month after I retired a biopsy came back cancer. I asked the doctor to let me sit down before the conversation continued. Turns out it was a basal cell carcinoma which an outpatient Mohs surgery fixed.

Good thoughts going your way, Micro. Rest up and come back to see us when you're up to it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back