48hrs from Major surgery, Will be off-line for a couple days.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thoughts, prayers and best wishes going up from here. May it all be quick and painless - with a super speedy recovery.

-- john.

Dang, almost missed your post, John. Hope all goes well and you recover rapidly!

Been there,prostate cancer?You'll be home in a few days.Nothing to worry about as prayers are coming your way for a fast recovery.Any questions you can PM me.Good luck.

Hoping your surgery went well and your home and resting.Had my surgery in '09.Take things slow and easy.Prayers for a fast recovery.

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers guys:
I truely believe they all Helped very much! The Surgery went well, about an hour longer then expected but I was up and walking the halls about 15minutes after getting to my room, Stayed overnight, I've been home since Friday but have been just to tired to stay awake long enough to type.
I believe I'm doing very well. Got off the Heavy meds on Saturday night, going with Tylenol Extra Strength. Not nearly as good but allows me to be at least partly lucid LOL!
Taking everything very Slow. Thanks again for all the support

Glad to hear that you are doing well. Prayers and best wishes for a complete and fast recovery.

First I've seen of this thread... Glad you're doing well, and here's to a speedy recovery.

Glad to hear of you are recovering and best wishes for continued health.

I had a Prostrate Biopsy yesterday, my second in the last year.
The reason was my slight increase in PSA count when my annual / physical - bloodwork was done.
It went from 5.7 to a 5.8.

The doctor and attending nurses were very good, and the lead nurse was good looking and had a rather ribald sense of humor when the procedure started (she gave me a wry grin and said: ok pull those pants down and show me your butt...and then said: I bet you don't hear that from many women...).

I'm waiting on the lab work for the 12 samples they took, but preliminary analysis via the sonogram during the procedure and the previous MRI two weeks ago showed nothing.
Hence my curiosity...

I was wondering about a few things and if it is not too personal maybe you can share with us aging guys in the forum if you had monitored your PSA counts over the years.

If so, from your experience, are PSA counts really a reliable indicator of anything...(I got mixed reviews from several friends, including a doctor and not sure these procedures based on PSA counts alone are just erring on the side of caution...) ?

Last edited:
PSA (Prostate-specific antigen) tests are merely a barometer of a possible problem. The rectal examination is another. The biopsy will reveal if there is a genuine presence of cancer so that one can address it in the appropriate manner. Early detection is the key to surviving this disease and a PSA test costs less than a night out for dinner and a movie. Don't wait until you have urine in your blood as I did at the age of 63. Had I stalled another month I wouldn't be posting this now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate-specific_antigen

John,,
I'm so glad you back up and about..
You certainly aren't kidding ,, the prayers help..
Good for you John,, you're all good to go from here...lol..

Teddy

Back