Flite Test | Rocket Glider & Free Flight (video)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
[video=youtube;67fpOi5i9mM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67fpOi5i9mM[/video]

He uses some interesting wing folding/deployment techniques.

That brought back a lot of memories! I used to make/fly "microfilm" planes and gliders (the ones covered in the clear film). The covering was actually a liquid (like butrate dope) that was poured on water and allowed to spread, then the part to be covered was put in the water and brought up from under the film.

The red RC plane took me back, too. The first RC plane I ever saw (I think it was a little bigger) was a single channel, tube-type, bang-bang right-turn-only, with a rubber band powered escapement. (this means there was only one button on the transmitter. when you pressed it, the receiver turned on a solenoid that released a bell crank powered by a wound-up rubber band. the rudder would kick all the way over to the right. when you released the button on the transmitter, the receiver released the solenoid and a spring brought the rudder back straight. you were very limited by battery power, and how many times the rubber band could turn the rudder. but it was *remote control* and it was fun!). I can't remember if the plane was rubber or nitro powered.

Back