Eggfinder LCD problem programming

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g zilla

Reaction score
Im finishing my eggfinder and reprogramming it for the right frequency. I get to the programming ID mode set on 0 press the button I get the long beep saying it took the change and it wont go to the next screen saying ok reset to continue.Tried multple times and still not working anyone else have this problem or ideas.

Press and hold for 7 seconds to exit out to reset. Press momentarily to change the value. When you get the value you want, hold it for 7 seconds. Since that is the last screen, you shut the unit off and turn it back on to restart it. Kurt

Do you get the screen that says "OK..." after you set the ID Code? If you do, you just need to reset the power, it "took". If not, there might be a bad solder joint either on the processor or the RF module. If everything looks OK, try reflashing the processor with the cable per the procedure on the web site; I've seen the flash get corrupted during processor installation. (It's pretty rare though...)

Do you get the screen that says "OK..." after you program the ID Code? If so, it "took"... just power off the LCD. If not then you may have a bad solder joint either on the processor or the RF module. If everything else looks OK, re-flash the processor with the cable using the procedure on the web site. Very rarely, soldering the processor to the board may corrupt the flash. (I've had like 1 or 2 cases of this... it's definitely not common).

Read all my posts NO I dont get to that screen that says OK this thing is really pissing me off.

Last edited:
Getting angry will definitely not fix anything. Cris has provided you with the steps to troubleshoot your problem and you have ignored them. I would recommend listening to him :wink:

Gary,

You did a master reset of the memory with the cable and computer connection just after you finished building? Gotta do that. I was one of the first builders done after the TRS went into general release and the connection to the USB cable was backwards
in the instructions. Cris helped me out and corrected that in the TRS manual. You won't go anywhere unless you do a master reset first.

When I built mine, I was well aware of the need for a master reset and did the initial power up. The unit doesn't program properly unless it's been cleared as I recall. I attempted the reset and ran into that problem Cris remedied.
Once that was done, the device has worked perfectly. Kurt

Gary,

You did a master reset of the memory with the cable and computer connection just after you finished building? Gotta do that. I was one of the first builders done after the TRS went into general release and the connection to the USB cable was backwards
in the instructions. Cris helped me out and corrected that in the TRS manual. You won't go anywhere unless you do a master reset first.

When I built mine, I was well aware of the need for a master reset and did the initial power up. The unit doesn't program properly unless it's been cleared as I recall. I attempted the reset and ran into that problem Cris remedied.
Once that was done, the device has worked perfectly. Kurt

No I dont think I did a master reset didn't see that in the instructions. The LCD screen says 915 and my tx is set at 917 and it wont take the change. I guess I need a cable and reflash or reset it. Thanks.

No I dont think I did a master reset didn't see that in the instructions. The LCD screen says 915 and my tx is set at 917 and it wont take the change. I guess I need a cable and reflash or reset it. Thanks.

Oh nutz, I see now you are referring to an EggFinder and not an EggTimer TRS. If you are using an EggFinder transmitter, there is no master reset. If you are using an EggTimer TRS that has be to reset. Sorry, I misconstrued what unit you were working with. If you can get your LCD to the Frequency and the ID screen I can't understand why the LCD won't change the frequency. It just takes a quick button push till one gets to the desired frequency then a long push to exit out and get to the ID screen.
Maybe re-flashing the LCD unit to the 1.9d firmware will do it for you

Dang, I'm sorry again, I thought it was a TRS issue. Kurt

Yeah, Dig into the instructions. It's in there that says a master reset needs to be done before the unit can be used for flight. That would account for bizarre behavior. Mine would behave "near nominally" but couldn't be programmed. The difference was I
knew that the thing had to undergo a master reset but when I attached the cable it didn't work until the cable connection was sorted out.

The issue was the position of the cable connections for the USB cable on the EggFinder and EggTimer TRS. Cris thought the connections were the same but in reality two of the positions are switched. It wasn't noticed until I emailed him my problem.
If one looks at the USB cable connection for the EF and the ET TRS side by side, two of the connections are switched. It is correct in the instructions now. The master reset instructions are in an "appendix" towards the end of the document. Read it, git 'er done and I bet you'll get it programmed by the weekend.:wink: Kurt

Oh, Make sure the LCD unit has been flashed to 1.9d. The TRS is 1.04K firmware. I believe Cris was going to come up with a minor firmware upgrade of the TRS but it hasn't been posted yet.

Last edited:
Back