Fireball S8E Rocket-boosted Sailplane

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAviator

Reaction score
So, last fall, I crashed my first S8E RBG, affectionately named Snowball (short for Snowball's Chance in Hell), partly for the light blue wings and partly for my perceived chance of doing well with it. Anyways, I got about 20 good boosts out of it on motors varying from Estes C11s to Aerotech R/C D7s and E6s. I was able to pretty consistently put in some pretty good scores (and a 2nd place in C-BG at NARAM that a glider that size should have no right doing well in.)

After the crash, the wing was pretty much toast, at least as an S8E wing, but the fuselage was fine. So I put together another wing and fitted it to the old fuselage. On the same tack as the first name, I'm calling this one Fireball.

The wing is much improved over my first, with a Kevlar ding-resistant leading edge and nearly full span flapperons. It is also about 12g heavier at 155g empty. (Empty - no Rx battery, no motor/casing.) I'm looking forward to a flight, but I think I'm going to try to avoid the snow here in NE Ohio.

Fireball bottom.jpg

Fireball top.jpg

Back