Fantasy scale own design boost glider project: the Spaceliner.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tab28682

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpg

Some of my favorite rocket kits over the years were fantasy scale boost gliders like the Orbital Transport, the Centuri SST Shuttle and similar models.

I thought it was high time to do a fantasy scale boost glider of my own design.

I must confess that I borrowed much of the styling from the Boeing Sonic Cruiser airliner project that never came to pass. It just looks like a Spaceliner to me!

The Spaceliner is based on BT60 tubing and is about 26" long with a 20" wingspan. Ought to boost nicely on 24mm D 12 power and the typical counterweighted pop pod.

This is a simple boilerplate model for now. If it flies nicely, I will add some fun details and give it a lightweight paint finish, with wood grain showing a little...;)

These pictures do not show the elevators that will be hinged and equipped with torsion springs and located on the wing TE between the vertical tails and the fuse tubing.

The canard is one piece and installs in slots cut in the nose cone.

Plan is for it to have a smaller orbiter glider on top to be named later. It will slightly resemble a tiny NCR Avatar or that Euro shuttle project called (interestingly enough) Space Liner.

More to come.

With two gliders and a pop pod to recover, it will be one to launch with friends to help with spotting the flying and falling parts.

Last edited:
Looks great, Tom!!

Starting about 30 years ago, I went hognuts wild with slapping together BT60ish gliders like these for 24mm motors, or a 3x C5-3 cluster. Lotsa fun to be had at this size, and you can always upscale a bit later on.

Latest posts

Back