Tripoli Vegas Springfest 2015 what are you bringing?? 7.5x upscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
Well by now We have usually heard about a date for this launch..

Anyone heard anything.. We have a BIG project going and would like to set a date!

Our project is an Interesting one this year.. We are building it in 3 different locations.

Team elemental..

I am in southern Utah and will be building the fincan and motor mount.

the other 2/3rds of our team is in central California half of them will be building the middle sections with the electronics and the other half will be building the payload section or the top third..

Our plan is to meet on the lakebed the night before the launch and start the final assembly..

Ok what are we building??

a 7.5x upscale of the Estes Photon Disruptor! set to fly on a home brewed 4 grain 98 mm M motor!

Woo hoo hope to see you there!

photon-disruptor-3.gif

EDIT: just looked at Tripoli Vegas' website and it looks to be set for March 20 21 and 22 See you there
https://www.tripolivegas.com/

Click the launches link on the left!

Crap! I promised to be there last year. Now I gotta build something for it. Won't be near as impressive. Maybe I'll just bring my Alpha and a 3 pack of motors....

I am planning to go for 50th Birthday festivities. .

Thought they may have caught that waiver-itis that has been going around..any news before i book a room ?

Kenny

dave C or B motors??? dont want to over do it now!

Ken whos 50th?? I have until july before mine.... YIKES

Rico.. not as far as I know... but you never know whats gonna happen at night there!

That's gonna be pretty sweet! Takes lots of pics and video, not sure if I'll be able to go.

dave C or B motors??? dont want to over do it now!

Ken whos 50th?? I have until july before mine.... YIKES

Rico.. not as far as I know... but you never know whats gonna happen at night there!

March 20 1965.. my big FIVE OH .

Kenny

What is the weather like for camping there? How are the Lake bed conditions in March?

I was planning to attend the Octoberfest launch but wonder what Spring conditions are like.

The weather was good last year, windy on Friday, nice on Sat and Sun.

Do we need to do another M night launch? I might be able to find some EX-tra propellant.

Geeze, you young whipper snappers... I, too, am officially an old geezer... if I go I'll bring my walker....hahahaha
Make sure you have the off-road sticker and lower the pressure on your tires! I'll have my nurse call your nurse and they can do lunch. You have to stop by the party for a shot or two (of B12...lol!)

Do we need to do another M night launch? I might be able to find some EX-tra propellant.

Heck Yes.... We can work something up I am sure! I'll bring the LED stripes!

I vote party on the lakebed. Theme? "Halfway to Hell"! I'm a way ahead of you guys and have a reserved parking place. I totally plan on bringing my OWN smoke and fire-LOL!

Im up for that!

What is the weather like for camping there? How are the Lake bed conditions in March?

I was planning to attend the Octoberfest launch but wonder what Spring conditions are like.

the weather is usually pretty nice for spring BUT it is a lakebed so Wind can be a problem.. if its good its REALLLLLY good but when its bad it really sucks.. I have NEVER been to a 3 day that we didnt get at least one good day..

Make sure you have the off-road sticker and lower the pressure on your tires! I'll have my nurse call your nurse and they can do lunch. You have to stop by the party for a shot or two (of B12...lol!)

WVXDb8.jpg

is this her? if so I think I have a fever coming on

WVXDb8.jpg

is this her? if so I think I have a fever coming on[/QUOTE]

I told her to stop posting. i also had to remind her it was called FACEbook for a reason.

Let me think.... uh heck yes!!

Theres a chance I'll be able to make it to this one! :grin:

Alec

As always with me, it's a VERY long shot, but I'm trying to make it happen. I should have a couple of nice, newly finished, big (for me) rockets ready to fly by then. I also hope to have finished a new 54mm minimum diameter that has a couple of unique features (more about this later in a separate thread), but it would just be a shakedown flight on that, because as designed it would bust the waiver (in theory anyway).

s6

As always with me, it's a VERY long shot, but I'm trying to make it happen. I should have a couple of nice, newly finished, big (for me) rockets ready to fly by then. I also hope to have finished a new 54mm minimum diameter that has a couple of unique features (more about this later in a separate thread), but it would just be a shakedown flight on that, because as designed it would bust the waiver (in theory anyway).

s6

Waiver?? we don't need no stinkin waiver

Well, I got the OK from the misses, so I am going to begin plans on making it up there. I will be more of a spectator than anything else, and ground support, but I'm gonna try and make it.

Well, I got the OK from the misses, so I am going to begin plans on making it up there. I will be more of a spectator than anything else, and ground support, but I'm gonna try and make it.

Kell-Don't feel bad-between my messed up back and KenRico's broken leg, you couldn't make one decent rocketeer out of both of us who could recover anything worth a darn. Might be disposable Alphas after all-LOL!

Its not because I'm old and feeble, in fact for my age I'd say I'm in excellent shape. Its cause I be poor and have no $$$ for motors. But just gracing you all with my presence will make the event a hit. hahahaha , jk. I do have a bottle of whiskey i can bring ;)

That was one heck of a flight last year! I think I will have to make it out again.

Most of my rockets at school are MD birds. The 98mm MD is a tank and will take whatever is in it.

With a 14,800ft waiver, we can have some fun. :)

I think I have a 2 grain 98 available. About an L800. I also have some 54s that could turn into J300s or K400s if anyone is up for the "EX risk."

I am all for it! Maybe during the day this time? Ha!

I have a 3"-54mm rocket I can bring too if those 54mm motors start weighing down the box too much. :)

M-Night Launch?! Nice!!!

the story goes.. WIND all day friday... bunch of bored Rocket guys sitting around the campfire maybe having a couple drinks..

It all goes dead calm... someone says "Lets launch something" someone else says what motors do we have ready to go??

Airobert says... I have a 98mm "M" motor got anything to put it in... kind of joking... the rest.. well its history!

Back