Tripoli Vegas Springfest 2015 what are you bringing?? 7.5x upscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mixed up a 54 4G K800 C* yesterday to burn!
IMG_1229.jpg
First EX motor, so there's a good chance I'll be walking around, picking up fins and pieces of body tube for a good few hours.

Those of you who've gone before, Whats the weather usually like? Im going to be camping out there so I need to know if I'll be dying of heat exhaustion in the day and dying of hypothermia in the night. Any tips from other Springfest campers? Can we have fires out there if we laid something down first? The TRA Vegas site doesn't have much.

Im getting excited!

Alex

View attachment 256243
First EX motor, so there's a good chance I'll be walking around, picking up fins and pieces of body tube for a good few hours.

Those of you who've gone before, Whats the weather usually like? Im going to be camping out there so I need to know if I'll be dying of heat exhaustion in the day and dying of hypothermia in the night. Any tips from other Springfest campers? Can we have fires out there if we laid something down first? The TRA Vegas site doesn't have much.

Im getting excited!

Alex

Thats a prefect motor for a 5 inch Jart ! Or Madcow 5.5 inch V2 . . .

Save to assume above ground fires .

My forecast is saying cool.. 64/43 for that weekend.

Kenny

We got blown out in the AM on Saturday last year, so we went into town to get some grub & kill a few hours.
Went back out around 2-3PM when things died down a little and saw a handful of brave souls who launched a few.
Sunday was a perfect day for flying and everyone took advantage of it!

Can't say much in terms of the camping situation though; it was a tad cold in the AM, but things did get warmed up as the day went on.

Im getting excited!

Alex

Are we having a potluck again?

I like food.
574893 calories consumed...I think that's a full Mmmm?
BTW I sill have 4 EX motors for you to try.

Thats a prefect motor for a 5 inch Jart ! Or Madcow 5.5 inch V2 . . .

Save to assume above ground fires .

My forecast is saying cool.. 64/43 for that weekend.

Kenny

We got blown out in the AM on Saturday last year, so we went into town to get some grub & kill a few hours.
Went back out around 2-3PM when things died down a little and saw a handful of brave souls who launched a few.
Sunday was a perfect day for flying and everyone took advantage of it!

Can't say much in terms of the camping situation though; it was a tad cold in the AM, but things did get warmed up as the day went on.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll bring sweaters and blankets for the night.
I made another 54 2G J300 Turbo White, just cause I had leftover materials. I may fly this, I may just stick it in the ground. If it doesn't work it'll only make the camp fire better :wink:

IMG_1243.jpg

Alex

Looking like a contingent of Colorado fliers are going to make their way out. Headcount at eight for now....

My possible attendance is - as always - a tenuous, ever-changing thing.....but at this moment I'm still "go for launch". It's looking good.

Who's camping on the lakebed, and who's doing the posh hotel thing?

s6

So, what you are saying is that the lakebed is THE place to be, yeah?

s6

I'm not sayin' it's going to happen again this year, but (there's always a big but), it was on the "lakebed" where we had the impromptu "M" night launch....... :wink:

Soooo........it looks like the Utah and Nevada folks (hereafter to be known as "the hardcores") will be camping, while the Colorado and California people (or more specifically, "the lightweights") will be staying in nice cushy hotel rooms. Hmmmmmmm.

s6

Soooo........it looks like the Utah and Nevada folks (hereafter to be known as "the hardcores") will be camping, while the Colorado and California people (or more specifically, "the lightweights") will be staying in nice cushy hotel rooms. Hmmmmmmm.

s6

I always camp... I'm too poor to stay in a hotel...

Yeah, that's pretty much me as well - I was just trying to justify it by acting like a tough guy.

s6
i have no problem hanging with the "lakebed riff-raff"......LOL!
I just wish I could afford to camp like Wayco or Stickershock! Way more than a thousand a night penthouse suite!

Last edited:
In my best Homer Simpson A la "Stupid internet..."
Stupid "Lightweights" bringing M's to night launches... Night launches were made so different "Hardcores" could play with B's and C's. It was!:tongue:

i have no problem hanging with the "lakebed riff-raff"......LOL!
I just wish I could afford to camp like Wayco or Stickershock! Way more than a thousand a night penthouse suite!

I'd let you stay in my rig for say $200 a night! lol

WeFly2 and I are traveling up together Friday.

So the Lightweights are showing up in force !

Will see if I can push and get two new rockets together . Frywrxz check to see if you have a 38mm Acme Rail guide so i can put the Funk Saucer in your hands . Saucer drag race? At night ?

Kenny

WeFly2 and I are traveling up together Friday.

So the Lightweights are showing up in force !

Will see if I can push and get two new rockets together . Frywrxz check to see if you have a 38mm Acme Rail guide so i can put the Funk Saucer in your hands . Saucer drag race? At night ?

Kenny
Kenny-No 38's, just 3.10 you are welcome to. Save me a spot, I can drop the cones off Wednesday and haul any extra gear you may need. Looks like I'm back in the 'Lightweight" category-staying at the Rio. It'll be great to see WeFly2 out there. Is Wayco going?

Trailer pretty much loaded. 6 tables, two canopies, lots of boxes and between Jon Skuba and I , 18 or 19 rockets pretty much ready to go. Rolling Thursday morning - supposed to meet Jon's son-in-law Juan (Ramos?) and Ben Whitfield outside of Golden. Dave Way and Tim Thomas will be rolling from the Grand Junction area and I'm thinking Steve Jensen and Vic Davis are leaving Longmont about the same hour of the morning as we are.

Last edited:
Looks like I will be there too! May be bringing a couple school students and also a neat school project.

Camping on site

Rockets bringing:

4" MD CF Tomach
3" Aluminum finned rocket with 54mm mount
4" Aluminum finned rocket with 75mm mount
School project: 5" 3D printed booster for boosted dart 98mm mount. Fins @ .5deg cant to induce 4Hz rotation @ M1.3

Looks like I will be there too! May be bringing a couple school students and also a neat school project.

Camping on site

Rockets bringing:

4" MD CF Tomach
School project: 5" 3D printed booster for boosted dart 98mm mount. Fins @ .5deg cant to induce 4Hz rotation @ M1.3
You can never just show up with an Alpha, can you ??

WTG Bryce !

They are trying to break your low and slow record down under!

Kenny

Last edited:

Camping on site

Rockets bringing:

4" MD CF Tomach

I thought you were too busy pushing buttons on V2s on the other side of the world. :wink: See you out there!

Alex

WHAT IS IT ???

0314151152.jpg

It is a Satellite Killer - AZRT Style
12X

6 foot fin span and it will be going up on 3 J315R's​

Back