The better team won tonight in Phoenix

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Well folks the better team won tonight. When I mean better I mean the classier team won.
The Patriots are like pure gold and the the Sea Hawks are like galvanized steel!!!!!!!!!!

Geez. Like the Patriots would have LOST to the Colts if the footballs had another 1-2 PSI of air in them. And beat the Colts WORSE in the 2nd half, with the other balls swapped out.

I blame the NFL for that mess. The balls should never be under control of a team to begin with.

But the NFL got some gold out of it two ways. For one, the controversy helped get more attention for the game, and ratings.

And it TOTALLY took the well-deserved focus AWAY from the Domestic Violence, long term debilitating injuries, and other player issues, as well as the hypocrisy and conflicts of interests. Like the dog in the movie "UP", the air pressure thing was.... "Squirrel!"

Now Goodell has incentive to make a mountain out of the air pressure molehill, for Public Relations, rather than putting FOCUS on where it REALLY needs to be.

- George Gassaway

[youtube]SSUXXzN26zg[/youtube]

Last edited:
Cheaters never win.

You must not know football. If the footballs were under inflated and highly unlikely its not gonna make any difference. When the Patriots beat the Colts it was by 35+ points. a few psi is not gonna make a difference.

You must not know football. If the footballs were under inflated and highly unlikely its not gonna make any difference. When the Patriots beat the Colts it was by 35+ points. a few psi is not gonna make a difference.
Who says I was referring to PSI? That wasn't the first time, was it... Once a cheat, always a cheat.

Well folks the better team won tonight. When I mean better I mean the classier team won.
The Patriots are like pure gold and the the Sea Hawks are like galvanized steel!!!!!!!!!!

Gold, soft and pretty. Just like Brady.

Gold, soft and pretty. Just like Brady.

When I made that reference I meant that Gold as valuable like new england and galvanized steel as cheap inexpensive like Seattle.

I was not meaning it as a statement of material hardness.

Who says I was referring to PSI? That wasn't the first time, was it... Once a cheat, always a cheat.

So if your statement is true then if you ever cheated on something then does that mean your a cheater. Your statement of once a cheater, always a cheater.

So if your statement is true then if you ever cheated on something then does that mean your a cheater. Your statement of once a cheater, always a cheater.
I've never cheated anything, ever. Why? There's no gain. Winners never cheat, cheaters never win. Bellichik is a cheater - this year, last year few years ago, always. They're losers. I'd hoped that both teams would lose, and both did.
grump.jpg

Geez. Like the Patriots would have LOST to the Colts if the footballs had another 1-2 PSI of air in them. And beat the Colts WORSE in the 2nd half, with the other balls swapped out.

I blame the NFL for that mess. The balls should never be under control of a team to begin with.

But the NFL got some gold out of it two ways. For one, the controversy helped get more attention for the game, and ratings.

And it TOTALLY took the well-deserved focus AWAY from the Domestic Violence, long term debilitating injuries, and other player issues, as well as the hypocrisy and conflicts of interests. Like the dog in the movie "UP", the air pressure thing was.... "Squirrel!"

Now Goodell has incentive to make a mountain out of the air pressure molehill, for Public Relations, rather than putting FOCUS on where it REALLY needs to be.

- George Gassaway

[youtube]SSUXXzN26zg[/youtube]

They play every week. It's not the first time. Would they have beat the Ravens? Would they have had home field advantage?

Your defense is BS

At least the game was better than the National Anthem. Really? Is that the way she thought it was supposed to be sang? I realize this is a world wide forum, and I would bet that if she did that to another countries National Anthem, I wonder how well it would go over.

Just sing it right or not at all!

At least the game was better than the National Anthem. Really? Is that the way she thought it was supposed to be sang? I realize this is a world wide forum, and I would bet that if she did that to another countries National Anthem, I wonder how well it would go over.

Who did it? I didn't watch til the second half. Botch it bad?

All the super bowl music crap is garbage. The halftime music if crap. It turns into dumb ass concert. If you want a half time show all you need is Alan Jackson sitting on a bar stool at midfield singing and playing guitar. A band and the stupid dancing is not necessary. Good old wholesome entertainment = Country music old fashion country. None of the half naked damn singers.

So, it is ok to Cheat, as long as we think the outcome would be the same, or go the way we want? To me, it does not matter by how much any team cheated, or by who. If the individual was part of that team, entrusted to take care of essential tools, then the whole team is responsible, as at that point they are representing the team. At the minimum, the game should have been re-played, to determine a proper outcome, without any question of cheating. If it was not important, than why is it in the rules? We should not hold cheaters up as role models, not matter by how much, or how little they cheat. Just my Opinion, and not worth much here.

If each team had a set of footballs that they used when they had possession, and if New England had significantly different pressure in their footballs than the Colts did, THEN I would understand why tampering with the ball pressure could be considered cheating.

But both teams used all the balls and there was no way to know which balls would be used in any situation, so there was no advantage to anyone, was there?

Maybe someone can explain to me how - if there was.

So, it is ok to Cheat, as long as we think the outcome would be the same, or go the way we want?

So, it *IS* OK to punch a woman unconscious and get little more than a slap on the wrist (now if he''d tested positive for smoking WEED, then a long suspension!) until video of it becomes public, or former players who have severe physical and physiological problems from so many hits and concussions and such. But OMG, underinflated footballs!

Like I said. . . . "Squirrel!"

- George Gassaway

So, it *IS* OK to punch a woman unconscious and get little more than a slap on the wrist until video of it becomes public, or former players who have severe physical and physiological problems from so many hits and concussions and such. But OMG, underinflated footballs!

Like I said. . . . "Squirrel!"

- George Gassaway

Talk about miss direction, looks like you are using it as well. My parents tried to teach me "Two Wrongs, do not make a Right". If we do not respect rules put in place, how can we teach our children to respect anything? While I am human and make mistakes, and by no means put myself above any of this, I think we need to take it in perspective. And no, I do not think it is ever ok to strike a woman, once again this speaks to respect. My Wife and I both enjoyed the "Like a Girl" commercial, and thought it made significant points.

Once again the mistake I made here, is getting into these type of discussions, on a forum, especially when this is not hobby related.

You know...

For a bunch of "rocket scientists," you guys don't know jack about temperature/pressure relationships, do you?

Using a pump that compresses air, air up a ball in your 78° living room, double check the pressure, then put it in the fridge for an hour, and measure the pressure again.

Uh-oh!! What happened? Is your fridge cheating????!!!???

Rocket scientists. :facepalm:

Last edited:
If each team had a set of footballs that they used when they had possession, and if New England had significantly different pressure in their footballs than the Colts did, THEN I would understand why tampering with the ball pressure could be considered cheating.

Then you should understand why it is considered cheating! :)

-- Roger

You know...

For a bunch of "rocket scientists," you guys don't know jack about temperature/pressure relationships, do you?

Using a pump that compresses air, air up a ball in your 78° living room, double check the pressure, then put it in the fridge for an hour, and measure the pressure again.

Which is why ball inflation has never been an issue before...you know...at places like Lambeau in January...

Right...

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/...ave-science-on-their-side-after-all.html?_r=0

Oooops... Seems Bill Nye forgot about the 14.5 PSIA pressure around the outside of the football in his application of the Ideal Gas Law. He also forgot about the increase in temperature of the air being pumped into the ball as it is being inflated. Which IS quite significant.

Don't believe it? Here's what you do... Go buy an air compressor at Sears. Plug it in out in your garage. Cool day? 50°F? Then the air going into that compressor will be cool, won't it? Turn the compressor on. It will run until the pressure in the tank reaches a pre-set point. Probably 90 PSIG. Now, just as soon as the motor cuts out, reach your BARE hand out, and grab that steel tube leading from the compressor head to the tank. Get a really good grip, and hang on.

When you get back from the burn unit, with your hand all bandaged up, the topic of discussion will be "Why Diesel Engines Run."

Wild Bill shot down by a grease monkey. I hate it when that happens. So does Bill.

You know...

Then why only one teams footballs had the issue?

Then why only one teams footballs had the issue?

Andrew Luck says he likes the ball at the upper limit. Brady says he likes his at the lower limit. Put both balls out into the same temperature conditions, and the ball inflated to the upper limit is still within spec. The one inflated to the lower limit is out of spec. But both balls did lose pressure.

Oooops...

Back