Who here watches the Superbowl?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who watches the Superbowl

• Yes, I enjoy football

• No, can't stand sports ( or football)

• I watch the commercials

• Other (specify in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.

codysmith

Reaction score
Like the question says, who actually watches the Super Bowl. I for one cannot stand football so I will not but am curious to how you guys view it.

I love all of it. We always have a little party here with our local family.

I'm not a big sorts fan in general. If a local team were in it, and I knew someone having a party, I would watch some of it. Otherwise, probably not. My wife likes the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet, so that may be on in the background. The Super Bowl commercials are often pretty good. Maybe Katy Perry will have a wardrobe malfunction.

I would watch it if one of the teams I like was in it, but none made it (as usual). I might watch some of it, but no guarantee that I will. I'm more likely to watch the Puppy Bowl.

I don't have a horse in this race so the SB is of little interest to me. It will be background noise in our house but I'd like to see the adds. If there happens to be a good scifi movie on at the same time--to bad so sad--I'm changing channels and I'll see the adds later.Back in the day , it was a good reason to have a get together--now it's a good reason to find my bed early.

I'm not a big sorts fan in general. If a local team were in it, and I knew someone having a party, I would watch some of it. Otherwise, probably not. My wife likes the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet, so that may be on in the background. The Super Bowl commercials are often pretty good. Maybe Katy Perry will have a wardrobe malfunction.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nate

"No, I can't stand sports" is my default answer but lately we've watched part of it with the kids mostly so they can talk about watching it with their friends rather than be sort of outcast. I've got no interest in the sport, though as a marketer, I have some interest in the commercials...

have not watched television at home since tv went digital(can't get a signal good enough for the converter). I figure maybe if I could get the antenna about 50' higher I might be able to watch...figure that I'm not missing anything.
Rex

I might be present at the church Super Bowl party so that I can be supportive of our youth group. I'll eat the food and watch the commercials but there hasn't been a team that I cared about in the big game in years (except maybe Green Bay).

Also.... Idina Menzel is singing the anthem.... so OF COURSE I am watching. :p

Also.... Idina Menzel is singing the anthem.... so OF COURSE I am watching. :p
Oh gosh... Must I remind you of her new years performance? :facepalm:
[video=youtube;PtN8rfGTdlc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtN8rfGTdlc[/video]
[video=youtube;Ig2srFoFPDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig2srFoFPDo[/video]

As a Colts fan it is my duty to cheer against the Patriots! Go hawks!!!!!!

Cody.... don't bring up that new years performance. It was pretty sad. But she does sing like a boss. :)

Superbowl Sunday is the largest unofficial national holiday in US.

I normally plan a nice spread for watching the game unless the Seahawks are playing, in which case I totally ignore the NFL and do something productive instead.

Not a Pete Carroll fan. At all.

I was turned off by football by being in the marching band in high school and the first couple of years in college - neither school did very well on the football field back then. Nothing like having to be at every football game, sitting in the stands, generally freezing, while your school looses over and over....and trying to pump up the "crowd" with band music played with fingers that are too cold to work properly. But yesterday I went and bought football swag for the first time in my life (a T shirt for my wife and one for me). I have to say that we've been somewhat caught up in the whole Seahawks thing last year and this. I've read more about football in the last week than probably my entire life up to now (I'm 59). From what I'm reading I have to agree to disagree with Kit about Pete Carroll.

We watched last year's game until we had to leave (first time I've ever had the TV on a SuperBowl game) and the outcome was not in doubt by any stretch by the time we did leave.. I expect we'll have it on tomorrow but I'll also be working on my NARCON presentation so I won't be doing all the pregame stuff or paying much attention to the halftime show or commercials.

Unfortunately we'll have to sedate one of our corgis as she's deathly afraid of fireworks and there are people in the surrounding neighborhoods who seem to think every Seahawks score is reason to set off more fireworks of the loud/illegal here variety. That I'm not looking forward to.

Never cared for football. I think it strange how many of my friends feel compelled to watch the Super Bowl even if both teams are ones they hate. Doesn't seem like a good time to me.

I don't fallow non local teams, plus football isn't my thing.
Old injuries are catching up to me, and every time I see somebody take a hit. I just cringe.

I will tune it in and pay attention while reading a book. Tonight I have been invited to a party so I'll give passing attention between snacks. I really think it is too much about too little.

Out of all sports, I like football the best by far... but still not enough to watch it.

Wow! I watch football almost every week and have had a Super Bowl get together with a couple of friends every year for well over a decade. We eat way too much food, enjoy the commercials, and watch the whole game. We start early and chat or watch something else for a few hours before the game. I look forward to it every year.

I was actually a sports writer for 30-some years so I've seen enough football coming out of my ears to last five lifetimes, but the last 10 years, I've only watched Super Bowls off and on -- a couple I didn't even watch one minute, others I just channel-surfed between movie channels. So my answer, I guess, is "ehhh, I dunno, maybe."

Superbowl Sunday is the largest unofficial national holiday in US.

I normally plan a nice spread for watching the game unless the Seahawks are playing, in which case I totally ignore the NFL and do something productive instead.

Not a Pete Carroll fan. At all.

The following Monday should be a national holiday, National Hangover Day.

Back