3D printing of ceramics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnCoker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Shapeways no longer offers ceramic as a material for 3D printed parts. Has anyone used another service to produce high-temperature parts?

I've been face with a similar problem for the nose of my Aerobee 150 booster. There's a company I've used at work, Compotool, that makes a ceramic based tooling board, https://www.compotool.com/ct850-tooling-board , that can take high heat and machines rather well. Like many ceramic based materials it's a little brittle on sharp edges and undercuts but it does work nicely. I've personally tested it to 775deg.F for 1 hour with no distortion or cracking. I'm going to give it a shot on the cone of the booster (right under the nozzle of the sustainer) . Might work for your needs. FWIW

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

I used a machinable ceramic for the nose of my Standard Aerobee booster too, but the Iris I'm working on now needs a larger piece than I can machine.

I tried to look for some too but i found it in amazon since they have everything

Back