$9700.00?????????????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$9700.00 BUCKS

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Once the prices get that high, the only people even considering it are those who have money to burn, and at that level "common sense" about money isn't so much a factor anymore. I don't imagine the person buying tickets at these prices is really trading off some other important financial need or goal in order to see the game, so it's not really clear it's a bad choice in that case. They've got money --- let them spend it however they want.

Instead of the one probably very rich guy spending 10 grand or 40 grand to go to the Super Bowl, I'd question the judgement of someone who's got credit card debts or isn't saving for their retirement or failing in some other important financial goal who decides to pay $500 or $1,000 for a seat.

I suppose, since I've never had money to burn, I wouldn't know how the other half justifies their spending. That being said, even if I won or inherited a great large amount of money, I still don't think I could spend it that way. I like football, but not enough to go that distance. I'm just not the kind of guy that would go on a spend frenzy if I suddenly became rich, but that's me. Might be a different scenario if it happened in my 20's though. Back when I thought I had something to prove or boast about. At any rate, if the procrastinator type feels like he just can't miss the opportunity, and has it to burn, who am I to question? I kinda live by the old quote, "A Fool And His Money, Are Soon Parted". I'll keep my precious $35,000.00 and go on a much needed revisit to the French Polynesia.....and a dozen other destinations.

I wouldn't spend that much either, even if I had it to burn. I just don't feel I should judge someone else if they actually can afford it. But personally, I'd rather spend a month in Italy.

EDIT: Mostly my wife and I are pretty sensible with money and are able to work toward long-term financial goals. But I do believe that a big cash windfall, like winning a bunch of money, is probably a time to splurge. If I won say 10,000 or 35,000 bucks, I definitely would not spend it on the Super Bowl, but I wouldn't put it in my retirement account or pay down the mortgage either. Those things will take care of themselves in the slow and steady way they have been for years. I'd probably take a great trip and try to make some memories that will last a lifetime.

Last edited:
I wouldn't spend that much either, even if I had it to burn. I just don't feel I should judge someone else if they actually can afford it. -snip- But I do believe that a big cash windfall, like winning a bunch of money, is probably a time to splurge. If I won say 10,000 or 35,000 bucks, I definitely would not spend it on the Super Bowl, but I wouldn't put it in my retirement account or pay down the mortgage either. Those things will take care of themselves in the slow and steady way they have been for years. I'd probably take a great trip and try to make some memories that will last a lifetime.

Thirsty, I get where you're coming from. Really, I do. And we all have given thought to what we would do if we suddenly became rich. Let's imagine that your numbers hit tonight's Powerball. That's at 289 Million right now. Would you buy that ticket? Personally I would not. Because, like I said, the best seat for the game is in your living room. Just because I can afford a thing, does not mean that I should want, or need it. I'd find some smart ways to pay it forward because Lord knows, that is like stupid rich, (in my book). And to satisfy any misconceptions, I am not being judgmental about this. I'm a true believer in, To Each His/Her Own".

Now, will Mr. $35,000.00 ticket buying guy, question what he has done the next day when he sobers up?

Husband: Honey, this guy will give me two tickets to the game if I swap you out for his dirty deeds.

Wife: What a douche bag! Hey! I wanna go with you. Let's give him your cousin Jane, and say it's your wife.

Husband: Jane is kinda pretty, and we all know she's a nympho. You reckon she'll go for it?

Wife: Jane hasn't gotten her groove on in a couple of years. She'd wear that old fart out. Then she could come and babysit the kids while we're away....eh?

Thirsty, I get where you're coming from. Really, I do. And we all have given thought to what we would do if we suddenly became rich. Let's imagine that your numbers hit tonight's Powerball. That's at 289 Million right now. Would you buy that ticket? Personally I would not. Because, like I said, the best seat for the game is in your living room. Just because I can afford a thing, does not mean that I should want, or need it. I'd find some smart ways to pay it forward because Lord knows, that is like stupid rich, (in my book). And to satisfy any misconceptions, I am not being judgmental about this. I'm a true believer in, To Each His/Her Own".

Now, will Mr. $35,000.00 ticket buying guy, question what he has done the next day when he sobers up?

Yeah, football means so little to me that I wouldn't do it even after the $300 million lotto score. One thing though about being at a real game is the experience of the crowd. You may get a much better view in your own living room, plus instant replay, access to your own bathroom, microwave, and fridge, plus your own affordable beer. That's pretty good stuff. And if you are really into he game, that's your best viewing option for really seeing the action.

But it can definitely be fun to go to a game with a party atmosphere. Is it worth $10,000? Heck no! But if you actualy are not a sports fan, then being at a game with a fun crowd is better than watching something you have zero interest in on TV. I would never watch baseball on TV, but I might go to a game. I used to like to go to minor league baseball games in Humboldt County, CA. Go Crabs! It cost only a couple bucks to get in. There was a decent snack bar and there was reasonably priced beer. You could bring your own cooler in if you wanted to! There was a rowdy band from HSU that would play. Great seats no matter where you sat. Some regulars were there for every game. The players would talk to you. It was fun, even for someone who doesn't really care about sports one bit. Maybe if I had $300 million, I'd do something nice for the Crabs.

Yeah, football means so little to me that I wouldn't do it even after the $300 million lotto score. One thing though about being at a real game is the experience of the crowd. You may get a much better view in your own living room, plus instant replay, access to your own bathroom, microwave, and fridge, plus your own affordable beer. That's pretty good stuff. And if you are really into he game, that's your best viewing option for really seeing the action.

But it can definitely be fun to go to a game with a party atmosphere. Is it worth $10,000? Heck no! But if you actualy are not a sports fan, then being at a game with a fun crowd is better than watching something you have zero interest in on TV. I would never watch baseball on TV, but I might go to a game. I used to like to go to minor league baseball games in Humboldt County, CA. Go Crabs! It cost only a couple bucks to get in. There was a decent snack bar and there was reasonably priced beer. You could bring your own cooler in if you wanted to! There was a rowdy band from HSU that would play. Great seats no matter where you sat. Some regulars were there for every game. The players would talk to you. It was fun, even for someone who doesn't really care about sports one bit. Maybe if I had $300 million, I'd do something nice for the Crabs.

I guess if I was a die hard kinda fan, I might be inclined to spend unreasonably, but I'm not. I am indeed, that guy that likes to watch it from the convenience of my home. I have been to one stadium game, and even then, The crowd didn't make me more inspired. Just like the time I was at The Winston race in Charlotte...(long time ago) Watching cars go round and round.....blah...PHLTT! Never been so bored at a big event in my life. Sporting events just don't do it for me. I was a live concert kinda guy. I loved those crowds. You give me some good tunes in an atmosphere where everybody is digging what you are digging....that's my preference. Or it was. Too old for that party anymore.

Back down to 7100, not that I see a difference between that and 9700. I can see people paying it, but I am a fan, and that is not reasonable for me.

On the other hand, when you have one game to share across the country, the numbers are going to get out of whack real fast.

And if I had a billion dollars, it would be because I refuse to spend almost $10K on something as dumb as a Eucker seat at a football game.

Exactly...

I don't begrudge people blowing that kind of money on such things if they have it and THEY SO CHOOSE, but neither am I going to applaud them for it either...

Even if I had that kind of money, I could find MUCH better things to do with it than THAT...

Still, we all get our jollies in different ways... if someone has the money and that's their "big thing", well, more power to them. (Even if I reserve the right to think they're nuts... )

Later! OL JR :)

I suppose, since I've never had money to burn, I wouldn't know how the other half justifies their spending. That being said, even if I won or inherited a great large amount of money, I still don't think I could spend it that way. I like football, but not enough to go that distance. I'm just not the kind of guy that would go on a spend frenzy if I suddenly became rich, but that's me. Might be a different scenario if it happened in my 20's though. Back when I thought I had something to prove or boast about. At any rate, if the procrastinator type feels like he just can't miss the opportunity, and has it to burn, who am I to question? I kinda live by the old quote, "A Fool And His Money, Are Soon Parted". I'll keep my precious $35,000.00 and go on a much needed revisit to the French Polynesia.....and a dozen other destinations.

Yeah, I'm the same way...

Guess it depends on your own outlook or mentality about such things though... Not really a "right" or "wrong" answer there, because "it depends on the individual". I refuse to allow such decisions to be turned into "right or wrong" arguments because that's what gets you idiots running around who decide that "they" should be able to "redistribute your income".

Two things we can ALL be sure of, no matter what your financial status is (or lack thereof)... there's ALWAYS a lot of people richer than you are, and there's always a lot of people poorer than you are. I'm not asinine enough to believe in "what's mine is mine, and what's YOURS is mine...", nor will I permit others to inflict that belief on me simply because *they* might believe it.

Reminds me of a discussion on the hay talk forum I recently had with some other farmers about the STUPID HIGH prices of new pickup trucks... which we farmers actually use as intended, unlike most of the idiots on the road actually buying them... Some folks don't mind paying $80,000 for a new fully-tricked-out pickup truck. Even if I were a "millionaire", I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a pickup... it's just not "worth it" in my opinion... by *my* way of thinking, the thing would be worn out and ready for the scrap heap LONG before the amount of work it could possibly produce equated to its monetary value at that point... IOW, it'd be a worn out hunk of junk before it was ever paid for, so why bother?? IF I *were* going to spend that kind of money on a truck, I'd just go ahead and get a semi... at least that can do about TEN TIMES at once the amount of work that any silly pickup could do for about the same money... more bang-per-buck IMHO... simply a better use of the money...

Course, that differs for different folks... Cest la vie...

I voted NO, the only way I would spend that much for a SB ticket would be #1 50 yard line half way up the lower deck, #2 my team would HAVE to be playing, & last but not least $10,000 would have to be like $500 is to me now :jaw: There are many events I would rather spend big money on. The pylons at the RENO AIR RACES are only open to credited media (I had the privilege of being out at the pylons in 97 :cool:) if I could, I would bribe someone with $1,000 to get to the pylons. If I had $20,000 to burn I would love to get the ride to 80,000 Ft in the MiG 25 :y: I'm going to try to get to the Mach Loop in Wales, GB in the next 3 years. If you don't know what the Mach Loop is, look it up on YouTube.

$9700 for a rocket...now that is something to consider.
That would buy a LOT of rocket...and motor.

Not that I'd spend $9700 on rockets either...

What I meant was, skip watching the game on TV or in person and build and fly a rocket...

So did the guy sell them? The listing is gone as the game is over.

I sure hope no Seattle fans paid near ten grand to watch the patheticness that was the final interception. Holy smokes, I have never seen a more deflating end to a football game.

Back