$9700.00?????????????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$9700.00 BUCKS

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me! Do people really spend that kind of money on a Super Bowl ticket? The best view is right in your own living room. Been to a stadium game before, not much to express on that note. Apparently, to a really true football/favorite team fanatic, they might just buy into that? I have to question the whole bag of thinking there. Would you? Or would you not?
https://www.stubhub.com/super-bowl-tickets/

Last edited:
NO way!! Thats insane and people that pay that are just crazy :p

With sports I have exactly the same attitude as I have with sex.

Unless I am actively participating, I have no interest in observing the action.

With sports I have exactly the same attitude as I have with sex.

Unless I am actively participating, I have no interest in observing the action.
And sex is like pizza,even a plain piece is good. And they both go good with beer.

NO on the $$$$$$$$$ tickets. However,thinkin if I did have that kind of coin to spend on tickets, I guess I wouldn't give a care.

But it comes with a parking pass. I mean that's gotta be worth it right???

I've said for years that if I were ever to win free tickets to the Super Bowl somehow, I would sell them and TAKE the MONEY.

I would agree. I was just joking. I would never attend the Super Bowl. I won or been given tickets to the NCAA Football Championship game twice and have sold them or traded them away.

Ummm...how much is the largest O-motor reload and the hardware to fly it(might as well include the rocket too)?

I've said for years that if I were ever to win free tickets to the Super Bowl somehow, I would sell them and TAKE the MONEY.

"OK Folks! Up for grabs. I have two tickets to paradise. Parking included! No guaranteed seating and you're on your own once you're on the inside. Shoulda stayed home and got all those close-up views and defined replays. Instead of parking your A$$ that far off the field to meet the moment. Hope it was worth it, cause I have your hard earned bucks in my pocket!!!

Some people were born stupid.

I voted yes...just because. I have no interest in football, but considering how much it costs to launch large LPR for the chance that it'll core sample or CATO and leave you with absolutely nothing but memory, shredded parts, and maybe a video that lasts a few minutes?

Who the hell are we to judge what people spend their money on. Aren't you the guys who say kids need to get out? Yet y'all are saying you'd rather watch the game indoors?

FC

I'm not much of a football fan, but I did pay $600 per seat for me and a buddy to go to game 2 of the world series in 2013
Fortunately he did pay me back for his ticket. Anyway, I dont at all regret having the experience of actually being at a WS game at Fenway even though it was cold and the Sox lost that one
..and the view is better on my 65inch screen at home.

A lot of us, myself especially included, spend a lot of money on rocket stuff that makes no sense to an outsider

Let's see that would be $9700 *4 for my three kids and I. With flights , hotels and meals would be over $45,000.

We all love football and in fact my kids play at the Pop Warner, High School and College level.
I get to see 30+ games a year and maybe spend $600 for all of them.

It would be hard to justify that amount of money, since it is more than a year of college tuition.

I would just like 5% of that for my rocketry budget.

Lot of stupid people in the world, and for some reason, a lot of them have a lot of money.

Shame they don't know how to use it.

Best seat in the house... Lay-Z-Boy, right in front of the big screen.

This is why the Lottery gets $2 a month from me :) Heck, it's a win just to get your two bucks back. Then I'll start with the rocket ranch then go on from there. I want to be close enough to see the game...actually....near mid field and lower deck. Seats like that are a bit more than $9700 but, hey, last major league game was a St. Louis Cards baseball game in the late '60...it's been a while...did march at a Rams-49ers game in HS but it's hard to see much of a game from the end zone ground level :p

That's pocket change for people like Warren Buffet and Bill Gates.

I am fairly certain that both of them have similar attitudes to the majority of the people here. As a matter of fact, most people who are self made millionaires retain the value of money after they are wealthy and are just as hesitant to waste it on something frivolous as most of the people here. Read the book "The Millionaire Next Door" for some good info on attitudes of people who are wealthy. There is a huge difference in the way people look at money if they earned it themselves or won it/inherited it.

Lot of stupid people in the world, and for some reason, a lot of them have a lot of money.

Shame they don't know how to use it.

Best seat in the house... Lay-Z-Boy, right in front of the big screen.

Absolutely true...

I'd go a bit further... skip the game and build or fly a rocket! Time better spent... :)

Later! OL JR :)

Conspicuous consumption...the point of spending that much is to brag, "I'm so loaded with dough, I can blow $9700 on idiotic things..."

It's like buying a Hummer...Not that there is anything wrong with that ;) ... but you are obviously going to spend much, much more on gas than you need to...you are basically telling everyone, I don't care about the $$$$.

If I had a billion dollars then $10K is a drop in the ocean so why not?

I don't have a billion dollars so right now, hell no!

And if I had a billion dollars, it would be because I refuse to spend almost $10K on something as dumb as a Eucker seat at a football game.

The only way I would think about it is if I was filthy rich enough that 10K was like 20 or 30 bucks to a normal person. Even if I was pretty well off and 10K would only feel like $150 or $200, I wouldn't do it. Much better from the living room.

On the other hand, I have been to the infield for the Indy 500 (of course, the year we went, they postponed it and we had to go home and go to work). I never actually saw the race but the party lasted for several days and was worth the trip all by itself (at least it was when I was 20).

OK, fresh off the news report. The price went up. (gotta remember how bad the media exaggerates)...$35,000.00. No way in hell!

Your polls are stupid. Just because YOU don't like a particular thing or behavior, doesn't mean it isn't someone's favorite thing to do. If you don't care, why do you look???

The Super Bowl is a bucket list item for some people. If their team is playing in the game - so much more the desire. Not everyone's cup of tea - I get that. Buy why judge?

I'd look at it this way - if someone GAVE me tickets to the Super Bowl, would I sell them for $10,000 or go to the game. I'd probably go to the game.

Your polls are stupid. Just because YOU don't like a particular thing or behavior, doesn't mean it isn't someone's favorite thing to do. If you don't care, why do you look???

Who's being judgmental? This poll is a simple yes & no, would you or would you not. People are posting their opinions, that's all. I think we've heard your opinion already.

Back