Hotel is now full? edit No it's not.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Host Hotel info:

[COLOR=#000000 !important]It has come to our attention that some folks are being told the Host Hotel is booked solid and that is true because we locked up all 150 rooms last year!
You Must call the Hotel directly at 1-800-990-0907 or 315-789-0400 and
USE the CODE "LDRS"
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000 !important]For details visit the Host Hotel Page[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000 !important]If you have any issues, please respond to this message asap![/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000 !important]Thanks in Advance
URRG

Just got this email from the LDRS folks. Does this mean that all rooms at the host hotel are booked?

Good news, my dad just told me that hotel reservations are done. Not at the Host hotel... at another hotel like a half mile from the place. :)
[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
I took it that people calling for a room are being told that the Hotel is booked becaude LDRS has blocked the rooms out for participants. In order to get one of these rooms you must provide the code LDRS when calling the Hotel directly?

Greg

I took it that people calling for a room are being told that the Hotel is booked becaude LDRS has blocked the rooms out for participants. In order to get one of these rooms you must provide the code LDRS when calling the Hotel directly?

Greg

That's how I would read it too.

For what its worth, there ought to be a lot of rooms over in Canandaigua as well, which - like Geneva - is a lakefront resortish city. Just in case.

I called the hotel today (Fri 1/30) at the 800 number and they said the LDRS dates are sold out. FYI.

Did you use the code "LDRS"? I think that is the point of the email. If you just call up and ask for a room, you will be told it is sold out. But if you use the LDRS code, you can get one of the 150 rooms reserved for LDRS participants. At least that is how I interpret it. Maybe all of the LDRS rooms have now been filled too, but I'm wondering if you used the code.

I just got of the phone with the host hotel and there are PLENTY of rooms still available. If you have any issues PLEASE send a email from the LDRS web site and it will be addressed. Thank You!😄

Are the people that work at this hotel the dumbest people on the planet? Or is their recordkeeping just pathetic?

Seems like this discussion comes up every few weeks. Some people say "no rooms" someone from the area says "plenty of rooms".

I'm just sayin' ...

Are the people that work at this hotel the dumbest people on the planet? Or is their recordkeeping just pathetic?

Seems like this discussion comes up every few weeks. Some people say "no rooms" someone from the area says "plenty of rooms".

I'm just sayin' ...

I think what's happening is the entire hotel ( or close to it )
was booked by URRG for this event...
So when someone calls and asks for a room
without first making the LDRS code clear they
show the place is booked.......

Teddy

This is what I did. Like I said, we seemed to be having "the right conversation". :confused2:

Yeah,,,
I sure didn't think so many of us were doing the same thing incorrectly...
Must be the folks at the hotel that are answering the phones....
They don't seem to know how to enter the LDRS code in their system...
This has been going on for months...
I bet after all these inquires they've got it figured out....

I mean,,,, they can only have so many employees....
We must have gotten em all by now.....lol...lol...

Teddy

We called our contact at the Ramada, she checked with the front desk people who keep track of each call in their software. Turns out they have received 5 calls today from people asking about rooms and Not giving a code. For obvious reasons they cant help them with a code.

There are 42 rooms left for Saturday No DOUBT.

AH HA,,,,,,,,,,
Bill gets to the bottom of it....lol...

No codey,,, no roomy,,,,,
As it should be.....

Teddy

Back