See any C11s?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackball74

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has a problem finding them at their local stores. All the shops I frequent have a decent selection, but never C11s.

Hobby Lobby might have them, but that is the only brick and mortar store I can ever recall seeing them in.

Have never seen any at our locations, although they always have a decent stock of everything else from A to F.

I just made a run to HL this morning to grab some D12-3's and they said they were no longer stocking them. I did see some C11's though. It's pretty much a given that if one HL is doing it, they all do it. So if you need some D12-3's, better get your coupon and make a run for it.

If your Hobby Lobby has a spot for C11's, but none in stock, they will order it for you and have it in about a week. Some things they only stock one or two on the shelf, so it can be hard to catch them in stock. But they will order it for you along with their regular weekly restocking and hold it for you.

Last time in the LHS, they had C11-3 marked as "discontinued", which is unfortunate if true. They still had C11-5s on hand though.

Last time I ordered some online I did notice one site listed them as discontinued (although no others did).

I took a good look at the engine rack in the St. Augustine HL yesterday but didn't see a peg for them. Gotta check our other store, though.

That's funny, HobbyLinc has them on their sale page this week.

I have to say, when I came back to the hobby in November, I thought C11's were the niftiest idea that I never had back in the late 70's/early '80's. My launch sites were fairly small, so I couldn't really build or fly D powered birds...I tried, and lost 2. If I would have had C11's back then, I could have flown them & recovered them.

They just seem like a great idea for folks with limited recovery areas.

That's funny, HobbyLinc has them on their sale page this week.

I have to say, when I came back to the hobby in November, I thought C11's were the niftiest idea that I never had back in the late 70's/early '80's. My launch sites were fairly small, so I couldn't really build or fly D powered birds...I tried, and lost 2. If I would have had C11's back then, I could have flown them & recovered them.

They just seem like a great idea for folks with limited recovery areas.

That's how I use them too --- to fly 24mm rockets in small fields.

My local HS had C11's last time I looked... Estes website is showing out of stock on all delays.

LHS still has C11-3/5/7 in stock and probably will for a while at the price they're asking (they're at or above MSRP on almost anything bigger than a C6). HobbyTown here in Memphis had them, but when I went by there a few weeks ago they looked like they were closing up shop for good. Apparently it was the 3rd time they had moved in two years, each time to a progressively smaller location.

I was at HL yesterday, but really didn't pay enough attention to see if they had any in stock. I know they only stock the D12-5 because I was looking for a D12-3 there a few months back and had to hold my nose and buy from the aforementioned LHS that wanted $18-19 for a 3 pack.

I've got a few C11-3/5s in my range box. I suppose I could slap one in my Vagabond for a low n' slow flight.

Last edited:
My LHS always keeps them in stock, all delays. I regularly use them for small fields. Really like flying my Goblin on a C11-7, and a Snitch on a C11-0 to C6-0 CHAD stage.

24mm motor 3 packs will be listed as discontinued because they are changing to two packs. The product number will be different. Some retail stores are very slow to update shelf tags or add new items to their inventory.

Get the C11 product numbers and hand them to the store manager and have them check with their distributors for restocking with the new twin packs.

Back