Advanced Target Drone clone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
I just built this:
IMG_2676.jpgIMG_2674.jpgIMG_2670.jpgIMG_2669.jpgIMG_2668.jpgIMG_2667.jpg

The only real deviations from stock is use of a BNC-50Y instead of a PNC-50Y due to availibility, and I used a ripstop parachute. Bodywork was made from a .045" cardstock sheet I bought at Michael's. The paint is Rustoleum 2X in Paprika satin, and decals are from Excelsior. The only gripe there was that the decals lacked the red bar in the national insignia. The Estes decals simply had a cut out so the red paint showed through, but the Excelsior had neither. I added the red bar after the fact with a Sharpie and let them know about the error. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. Oh, I also took the liberty of creating a RockSim file for the ATD, since none seemed to exist yet...

Attachments

• Advanced Target Drone 1913.rkt
    92.3 KB · Views: 60
Nice!

I have an original (in an all black paint scheme... Stealth).

I've got plans on making the Goony version too

Thanks! My next project is a BT70-based upscale. I've already started kitting the parts, but am waiting a few things to arrive. That one will be a 3x24mm cluster, putting an engine in each body pod as well as the main center one. More details coming soon...

Back