Der Green Max triple cluster

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
I built this last fall, still waiting on weather for first flight:
WP_002769.jpgWP_002766.jpgWP_002657.jpgWP_002653.jpgWP_002651.jpgWP_002646.jpgWP_002638.jpg

The pictures sort of tell the story. I wanted to build another Max, this one different than stock. I used a triple 18mm cluster, when TTW with the fins, and added some weight to the nose so that the margin with engines installed was similar to stock. Decals are from StickerShock23. One other change was use of an 18" ripstop nylon parachute (in green, natch). But decent rate was a bit slow for the standard rocket on an 18", so I added a 5" spill hole. This should go a bit higher than my stock Max, and I don't want to chase it downwind any farther than I have to...

Attachments

• estes_der_green_max_0651.rkt
    59.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Very nice! Clusters are fun to fly, and you picked a cool decal scheme. That's going to be a fun rocket.

Nice!

Hemi Green for all that horsepower, er thrust!

BT-60 is the perfect body tube for triple clusters. I did up a Big Bertha and it scoots, so your Max will impress.

Have a good pair of walking shoes! Just sayin'!

See ya,
Rod

Dang. Just noticed you have a bunch of new builds posted. This'll be my last comment to cover 'em all: You do real nice work. Great looking rockets.

Thank you guys. Sorry if it seems like a bit of a posting bubble, but I've got a bit of a backlog, some going back 25 years. :D I'll try to space it out some...

I have one of these that I built, also waiting to fly it. I really like the way you did the TTW fins; great idea!
Daniel

Back