Rocket Parts UK

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRE

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any UK suppliers who offer a similar pack of couplers/engine blocks/motor tube to this offered by Apogee?

Rings-O-Plenty

Should I simply go ahead and order a couple of packs and swallow the US->UK mailing charges (still appears cheaper than buying locally)

The only places I know of are The Model Rocket Shop who tend to sell low and medium power components, and Rockets and Things who sell mainly medium and high power components.
If you are looking just for low power, Wheelspin Models sell a range of Estes parts. Their rocketry accessories are not obvious from their page so it's best to search in order to find them. Their delivery charges are very competitive.

Rockets and Things sell 34 inch long motor mount tubes in 24 and 29mm diameters. They also sell couplers and centering rings. There is also a range of larger body tubes.
The Model Rocket Shop has a good range of smaller body tubes, mainly Estes.
Wheelspin Models also sell Estes body tubes, smaller motor mount kits, and standard motor retainers. They also sell Estes plastic retainers for 24 and 29mm reload able cases. At around £6.50 they are the cheapest I can find in the UK.

For engine blocks, I usually cut a length from an old spent motor.

Hope that helps.

If anyone knows any other outlets in the UK then I'd be interested to know as well.

SO

PS. I've also looked at the cost of US/UK delivery. Unfortunately I can't swallow the cost, it stick in my throat.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pointer SO but I have already been trolling around all these sites with little luck :(

When pricing single couplers the cost rockets out of control quicker than an 18mm minimum diameter on a Klima D ;)

The Apogee pack is a great selection for a noob like myself who is just getting into my own designs without having to buy single couplers at £0.79 or more a shot (cheapest 18mm I can find)! The Apogee motor tubes, blocks and launch lugs are simply a nice bonus :)

Given the delivery cost within the UK (at least from stores so far used) the additional cost of shipping from the US , while seeming initially high, becomes less painful on a couple of packs given the savings on the contents.

I also notice in the US I can buy 36" lengths of coupler stock from some providers, an even better way tog go but it seems we are very cramped for parts here in the UK :(

The Estes pack is fine for mid/large couplers but fails for the small sizes and quantity :(

If I order up a number of packs anyone in the UK interested in a cost split?

Last edited:
One other thought, you could try making your own couplers from the original diameter tube. Quite easy on a small diameter tube.
As with the engine blocks it's a good way of re-using waste materials and costs very little.

SO.

One other thought, you could try making your own couplers from the original diameter tube. Quite easy on a small diameter tube.
As with the engine blocks it's a good way of re-using waste materials and costs very little.

SO.

Already using engine block from spent cases but will try some home grown couplers from BT stock and see what happens.

Last edited:
Back