anyone have a spent aerotech I205?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people flying high power are going to use reloadable motors. This is to avoid hazmat fees but also to save money because a single use HPR motor is not only more expensive, but also requires hazmat fee to ship...

You can find the weights and measures of it at thrustcurve.org, if that helps. For some reason the link from the specific page I posted before did not lead to said specific page?

They are single use, very few are sold & I personally don't know anyone who keeps burned used motors.
They stink, leave messy residue every time you pick it falling out the nozzle.

For the above reasons you may find one hard to get....check your post for a couple of weeks. There are a lot of folks who only come here sporadically.

Why do you need it for a mock up......if it helps I-205 is 12in. long .

I've got a couple DMS "H" cases, but no I205, sorry! I keep some on hand mainly for plugging cluster motor tubes.

Most people flying high power are going to use reloadable motors. This is to avoid hazmat fees but also to save money because a single use HPR motor is not only more expensive, but also requires hazmat fee to ship...

Not if you buy at the field! And if you're flying 38mm and up there will be HAZMAT regardless. I've flown many DMS and they seem to be very popular amongst flyers. I'm sure more reloads are flown for a variety of reasons, but I think DMS is more popular than you might think.

I still have my L1 motor casing:
A SU Vulcan H115 SS.

I also have a vintage AT H 124 FBJ along with a few others.....

They all been cleaned of soot and debris.

JD

They are single use, very few are sold & I personally don't know anyone who keeps burned used motors.
They stink, leave messy residue every time you pick it falling out the nozzle.

For the above reasons you may find one hard to get....check your post for a couple of weeks. There are a lot of folks who only come here sporadically.

Why do you need it for a mock up......if it helps I-205 is 12in. long .

I still have my L1 motor casing:
A SU Vulcan H115 SS.

I also have a vintage AT H 124 FBJ along with a few others.....

They all been cleaned of soot and debris.

JD

JD.....I should have known, you'd keep a couple....AND even cleaned them. LOL:smile:

When I was a black powder kid, I used to clean out and keep Aerotech casings because getting my parents to buy them was some kind of sacred and special treat. Hah! Not these days, of course.

Loki 38mm H/I are non hazmat

Thanks for the correction... Let me clarify: sans 29mm reloads and certain 38mm Lokis (and any other small exceptions I may have missed), HAZMAT is required for all other HPR composite motors.

When I was a black powder kid, I used to clean out and keep Aerotech casings because getting my parents to buy them was some kind of sacred and special treat. Hah! Not these days, of course.

Haha. I did similar. I kept the "cool" cases like my 18mm AT F55T and Apogee 13mm C6.

Thanks for the correction... Let me clarify: sans 29mm reloads and certain 38mm Lokis (and any other small exceptions I may have missed), HAZMAT is required for all other HPR composite motors.

Haha. I did similar. I kept the "cool" cases like my 18mm AT F55T and Apogee 13mm C6.

Wait… an 18mm F?

Yep; I've got some original Aerotech 18mm F motors still in package. I also have some 24mm G motors. Can't recall their average thrust, but they're super cool.

I would love to see the non-standard stuff return. Might as well do it while they're introducing all these new SU motors! G125T is back and was in that category originally. I would specifically like to see the 18mm F55T and 24mm G55W return. The mini Apogee composites would be great to see again too.

Sorry to digress!

I would love to see the non-standard stuff return. Might as well do it while they're introducing all these new SU motors! G125T is back and was in that category originally. I would specifically like to see the 18mm F55T and 24mm G55W return. The mini Apogee composites would be great to see again too.

Sorry to digress!
YES! YES! YES!
super_like_facebook_dumptruck_by_wormchow-d7kefb3.jpg

Sorry to digress!

I agree, it would be really cool to see these come back. I'd love to see an 18mm MD rocket on an F!

To be honest I will bet it will be just 1 Ns above a full D... not really enough to make a difference.

Does anyone have a ENG file for it? I can't find it in openrocket

Not if it takes 4 months to get them............
I'm still waiting on BSS from Wildman.
Held up because of Delay-tech I mean Aerotech..

My personal favorite: the F 101 BT

JD

Sorry to digress!

If you are talking about the E 25 then;
It has a regressive thrust curve.
21.5 Ns total impulse, burns out in 0.930 sec according to good old WRASP.

JD

To be honest I will bet it will be just 1 Ns above a full D... not really enough to make a difference.

Does anyone have a ENG file for it? I can't find it in openrocket

I'm sorry, I had a brain fart.

I can't find anything on this F55 motor. I tried thrustcurve.org and there's not even datafile on that either. This must be some OLD motor.

I'm sorry, I had a brain fart. I can't find anything on this F55 motor. I tried thrustcurve.org and there's not even datafile on that either. This must be some OLD motor.

Old for sure. I just acquired some old HPR mags from the early 90's (92-93) and they mention them. I think I recall someone putting an F55 in an Alpha! What fun that would be.

Pic of the F55 and 13mm C6 attached. LPR rockets in the background give good perspective.

image-175921961.jpg

Back