Estes Sprint XL nose cone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
The nose cone in the Sprint XL is essentially an upscale of the PNC/BNC-50X. Since the -50X was also used in the Scorpius kit, which I'd like to build a BT60 upscale of, I'd like to know what the part number is for the Sprint XL's cone, and if it is available separately. If I have to, I can buy the kit to get it, but I'd prefer to buy just the cone.

Thanks,

Thanks. It doesn't look like Estes offers it separate as far as I can tell; googling that part number doesn't return much. I guess there's nothing wrong with throwing the rest of the Sprint parts in the spare bins.

I have a few of those -60AH cones around. Its basically the same as on Der Red Max & Mean Machine. It's nearly 50% longer and much more of a parabolic shape, whereas the Sprint cone is really sort of a long elliptical shape. I'd really prefer not to use that, especially since the correct one is available (just in a kit)...

or wait until Semroc gets their nose production line up and running.
Rex

I had the impression that Semroc was now defunct. In the past few weeks, their website has disappeared too. After all that's happened, I thought that was a sign it was done for good. Is this not the case?

I have a few of those -60AH cones around. Its basically the same as on Der Red Max & Mean Machine. It's nearly 50% longer and much more of a parabolic shape, whereas the Sprint cone is really sort of a long elliptical shape. I'd really prefer not to use that, especially since the correct one is available (just in a kit)...

Ooops! Quite right, subtle (to my eyes) difference in shape.

I had the impression that Semroc was now defunct. In the past few weeks, their website has disappeared too. After all that's happened, I thought that was a sign it was done for good. Is this not the case?

Semroc is in the process of being re-launched under new ownership.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?121981-Sale-of-Semroc

Back