Hawk Mountain rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick@JET

Reaction score
Looking at L2 kits and stumbled across Hawk Mountain rockets and very impressed . Anyone have experience with these kits? Build quality? Happy with them?

Hawk kits are "old school" but very high quality. The tubing is thin wall (before it was cool) and tends to have a higher resin content than comparable "Wildman" or Performance tubing.

I own a Bad Attitude and Proteus. The Bad Attitude booster has landed twice without a parachute due to snapped shock cords (long story, has since been fixed) with only a cracked fillet. I also have a 4" Lil' Nuke upscale that I built using Hawk tubing and it has flown twice.

The pricing may appear high on Hawk kits but do not lose sight of the fact that you receive a complete kit. You get high quality components with precision cutting and machining, Av Bay setups (for the most part), and a recovery system that includes Rocketman or Skyangle parachutes. I would LOVE to own a Jumanji, I just happen to have too many 4" Rockets with 3" mounts...

Buy with confidence, Alan is a great person!

Hawk Mountain has ALWAYS sold first class glass! The insides and outsides are beautiful. He told me that his glass was all aerospace grade. He also will customize to anything you want to order. Good to deal with.

Thank you - they look very nice and the AV bays look like the most complete - which would be great for a first AV bay build,
They are a lil out of my price range but still thinking of a big splurge

My daughter's Basilisk tail section came down from 1500 feet without a chute suffered no damage at all. The kit was very complete and she had lots of fun building and flying it. Alan is great to work with as mentioned earlier.

Back