Supportive wife??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David,
As a mechanic by trade, the picture of your wife working on her bike is so hawt!!! :wink: :wink:

Adrian

:) She's handy. Here's some more for ya. Hard to tell me I can't have rockets on the kitchen table (in the background) when she's doing this. And yes...despite the look of that float bowl she got these working...
7443838986_9c3007fe8c_z.jpg

Last edited:
I am one of the lucky ones, Many are not! MaryBeth loves it, so much in fact she is a BoD member of URRG, has run registration and been a huge part of our large launch planning committee's LDRS-XXXI, URRF1, URRF2 and now LDRS34. I can say with absolute certainty without her influence a few of those events would not happened at all. YES, She really did name URRF

I have said for years, there are 365 days in a year, 16 or so have Rocket Launches scheduled on them, half of those the weather will suck! if you wife cant give 16 day a year you need to re-evaluate your position in your marriage!

Wow.... by request of my mother, I just had to add up ALL of my rocketry purchases since I started keeping track.... that was awkward.

"Matt... are you SURE? Are you sure that you added that up right?"

Yes mom. Yes I did. :)

David,
As a mechanic by trade, the picture of your wife working on her bike is so hawt!!! :wink: :wink:

Adrian

Wow.... by request of my mother, I just had to add up ALL of my rocketry purchases since I started keeping track.... that was awkward.

There is one and only one day I fear a month...The day my bank statement comes in... The last one was enough to buy a used car......

David,

Adrian

That's pretty much what my wife's girlfriends say about me too, "Oh, wow! Those pictures of your husband sanding his rocket are so hot!"

I have every receipt since I started MPR in a black binder in my closet. I added it all up once. NEVER doing that again.

That story makes me very, very glad I don't save receipts...

Nate

I don't save receipts... but I do have the paypal payment spreadsheet. :(

I have every receipt since I started MPR in a black binder in my closet. I added it all up once. NEVER doing that again.

That story makes me very, very glad I don't save receipts... Nate

I am very glad I have never saved receipts.

I've done a rough SWAG using an average cost per rocket and get a number that is scarey (especially if my wife heard it).
Add in all the supplies, tools, launch fees (including trips/motels) :y:

And I've avoided L3 due to the cost.........

I don't want to hear about it ....La..la..la..la..I can't hear you..la..la..la..la

I'm sure I've spent more on paint than on rockets. The motors are what kill you. The rockets are the cheapest part of the hobby.

I am very glad I have never saved receipts.

I've done a rough SWAG using an average cost per rocket and get a number that is scarey (especially if my wife heard it).
Add in all the supplies, tools, launch fees (including trips/motels) :y:

And I've avoided L3 due to the cost.........

I don't want to hear about it ....La..la..la..la..I can't hear you..la..la..la..la

hahahahahaha,,,,

Dat's a good one Les........

Tanks,, I needed a good chuckle.....

Teddy

I'm sure I've spent more on paint than on rockets. The motors are what kill you. The rockets are the cheapest part of the hobby.

+1..........

Kinda,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Maybe....................

Teddy

I duh know Eric,,,, glass is expensive...............lol

Here is a repost of something I put up in 2012:

My Supportive Wife...

So my Weekend plans are dashed by high winds, driving rain and hail, and a wife who has been sick and grumpy all week. I tell her that I've had it with being cooped up and I just have to get out. I said that was going to Sears and might buy some big shop tools I wanted. I said that I needed to stop by Home Depot for some materials and more tools. As long as I was out, I said that I was going to go by the gun store and buy that Custom Kimber .45 and that new FN .308 I have been looking at. If the rain wasn't too bad I said I was going to go to the auto mall and make a deal on that new F250 crew cab 4x4 we were interested in. I also told her that since she has been so grumpy that I was going to go to a bar to drink and chase wild women.

Her response: Yeah, whatever....just stay away from that damn hobby shop, we can't afford anymore rocket crap!

I beg to differ. Masking tape is my leading expense item. That or sandpaper (the "good stuff" is frighteningly expensive).

OTOH, got one of my sweetie doing her thing for the upcoming flying season.

KarenJart.JPG.jpg

Back