Supportive wife??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
How many men on here can say they have wives that support their rocketry hobby 100% or cannot absolutely handle it and think it must go??????

I am just curious to see how many men actually have a wife who is "rocketry supportive."

I am just wondering for ***** and giggles!

I support hers
and she supports mine...
We do really well in that respect together...
Heck,, she is VERY capable and her entire arm to her elbow fits into a 3" tube.........
I KNOW you guys know how useful that is.....lol...

Teddy

And how many of you are in turn 100% of your wive's endeavors & hobbies?

But we all know there is nothing cooler than Rocketry. There is loud noise, fire, excitement. I see no reason why a woman wouldn't love rocketry!

How many men on here can say they have wives that support their rocketry hobby 100% or cannot absolutely handle it and think it must go??????

I am just curious to see how many men actually have a wife who is "rocketry supportive."

For Christmas 2013 - my wife paid for my airfare and RV rental for Balls 2014 (my first trip ever to Balls). So, either she supports my hobby 100%, or she
found a way to get rid of me for 5 days for her own R&R, not sure....

For Christmas 2013 - my wife paid for my airfare and RV rental for Balls 2014 (my first trip ever to Balls). So, either she supports my hobby 100%, or she
found a way to get rid of me for 5 days for her own R&R, not sure....

One lucky guy!!

My wife is 100% supportive, even likes to come to launches with me. And I like to support her hobby, which is reading. Our apartment is packed with books, bookshelves, and rocket stuff.

My wife is currently building her L2 rocket. I guess that is as supportive as you can get. Now if I could only learn to knit, do needlepoint, or sew - the support would be mutual.

My spouse tolerates my involvement in rocketry. Pyrotechnics, on the other hand, she supports 100% and encourages me to go bigger, better, and louder every year...

Kevin

My wife has been very supportive - well so far. She did look at me kind of funny when I bought some PSII kits.

No wife yet... but a mother. Y'all have NO CLUE how difficult it is to pass rocketry by a mother.... :(

I've got it all goin' for me!

When I set up Hartle Engineering, Inc. Kelly is entered as the C.E.O. She is supportive of me if I needed to back away for a while (as in last year), and supports me when I'm ready to hit it again with a fresh outlook (as in this year). She has her own rockets (but has'nt built anything herself in the last 6 years) and every now and then will attend a launch with me and launch one of her birds.When it comes to the business, she handles all of the paperwork (she LIKES doing it, and did I mention she use to be a LAWYER?:wink:). She mentioned me going for my L-2 before I did, and would like to have her L-1. Every now and then she will cross stitch a sweatshirt for one of the local clubs to raffle. Her latest design is Wiley Coyote holding a rocket, and lighting it's fuse with a match- did this one for Thunderstruck a few years back.
"My Wife, I think I'll keep her."
Old Geritol commercial

Not sure that she is 100%, but certainly at least 80% supportive and probably more than that. She knows it keeps me sane after a day at the office. Oh and the support is real strong for low power and L1 motors, mediocre for L2 motors, and while I have not asked I imagine it drops like a rock after that.

As many of you probably already know, I'm fortunate enough to have a wife who enjoys rocketry with me. She also happens to own and run a small business selling model rocket kits and other stuff online and at launches.

Bracha's built a few rockets of her own and has helped with many that we have built together (including the Big Daddy Akavish above).

-- Roger

Last edited:
She has attended all but one launch with me and my son. She doesn't participate at all and doesn't understand much about it. She does it to support us.

LDRS 33 was our wedding anniversary and we camped at Bong for the entire event.

I would call that support.

My wife is close to 100% supportive of both my hobbies (RC aircraft and rocketry) and has built and flown a mid power rocket.

I do get the occasional grumble about hobbies taking up every spare square inch of the house and garage, and the occasional scheduling conflict involving hobby events....:)

I for one can say my Better 2/3rds completely supports my Hobbies.
For the last 36 years, While she does not built (two models in that time) and only fly's some models for me on occasion. Since the kids have grown and left the nest She is now my main recovery crew, is with me at Every Launch, Club Meeting and Outreach activity our Club does even though she is not actually a member of the club or the NAR. She is SOOOOOOOO much more then my better half! I could not Love and appreciate her and what she does any more if I tried:)

OH Yes I in turn support her hobby of ceramics fully and plan on doing more with her in the coming months as I retire next week.

951b_Mary's Alpha-II & Flt (2pic)_04-26-79.jpg

678b1-Lp01a_Mary Loading .25A Peewee Payloader_03-20-10.JPG

Last edited:
No wife yet... but a mother. Y'all have NO CLUE how difficult it is to pass rocketry by a mother.... :(

My mother was very supportive of my rocketry activities when I was in high school, unless I didn't clear my stuff off the dining room table in time for dinner.

I for one can say my Better 2/3rds completely supports my Hobbies.
For the last 36 years, While she does not built (two models in that time) and only fly's some models for me on occasion. Since the kids have grown and left the nest She is now my main recovery crew, is with me at Every Launch, Club Meeting and Outreach activity our Club does even though she is not actually a member of the club or the NAR. She is SOOOOOOOO much more then my better half! I could not Love and appreciate her and what she does any more if I tried:)

OH Yes I in turn support her hobby of ceramics fully and plan on doing more with her in the coming months as I retire next week.

Hey that's a big one,,,
Congratulations John...
Many,, many,, happy and healthy years of retirement for you....

Teddy

I ask this because I am not married. There is a guy in my club that is married. His wife hates rockets, thinks they are stupid. She has never attended a single launch for him even though they live 1 hr from the launch site. I just feel bad for him. He even goes to Argonia to launch, his wife does not even go with him even though he stays in a hotel. He is level 3 and his wife didn't even go to his certification flights. I just figure when there is this much money invested you would think a married woman would come to or at least to some of them to be supportive.

I guess there are just those type of woman out there. The type I would steer clear from. But to each there own.

My wife, though mostly disinterested, supports me, but also would prefer that I spend less money on it. She will probably come to Red Glare one of the days, but that will be it for the year, I'm guessing.

She has never asked me to chuck any of my hobbies, but I have voluntarily left some of them because it was robbing her of time with me, or me with the kids.

Whatever she wants to do, I support.

I ask this because I am not married. There is a guy in my club that is married. His wife hates rockets, thinks they are stupid. She has never attended a single launch for him even though they live 1 hr from the launch site. I just feel bad for him. He even goes to Argonia to launch, his wife does not even go with him even though he stays in a hotel. He is level 3 and his wife didn't even go to his certification flights. I just figure when there is this much money invested you would think a married woman would come to or at least to some of them to be supportive.

I guess there are just those type of woman out there. The type I would steer clear from. But to each there own.

That sounds like a mess that goes beyond rocketry. Sticking my nose where it may not belong, I hope they get it figured out. She may not need to come but she does need to recognize and support what makes him happy.

There is a guy in my club that is married. His wife hates rockets, thinks they are stupid. She has never attended a single launch for him even though they live 1 hr from the launch site.

100% supportive? Hell no. Tolerates - mostly. She does get upset when my builds start sprawling.
She sees it as something that keeps me busy and out of trouble, and is something I like.
But she has no interest and has never come to a launch.
I will say she has bought me kits or building supplies for Christmas and my Birthday

Since there are those of us that have supportive SPOUSES / PARTNERS / PARENTS the title of this thread could be better named.

That being noted, I can say Wayne is exceptionally supportive of my rocketry.

I have a good one too! I've only gotten her to build one, unfortunately it separated on the first flight and we only found the NC. She takes great rocketry pictures when we fly with our boys. I agree that it goes both ways, I support her crochet. We scrapbook together and have a large book habit between the two of us.

Back