World population map

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pasted here for your convenience.

HhqlkMK.png

Is there a point to be made???

Did I miss something???

I believe it is simply a visual representation of a lot of population data. It is impractical to get the population numbers of every country in your head at once, so this is a good way of conveying relative populations (and absolute for that matter) of every country at once.

As to the point, I think it is just to convey information. I think it's pretty intereresting, others may not.

I feel bad for Canada. They got seriously downsized...

According to the Census 2000 project I worked on-we could sell North Dakota to Canada and only inconvenience 3 people....maybe THAT might help Canada. If California bought Mexico, we could reduce beach crowding by about 2200 %. Thank goodness Spain screwed up there. Aren't maps fun???

Last edited:
It is always amazing how over crowded or populated China is.

It is always amazing how over crowded or populated China is.
My son has been over there for 3+ years and I can't imagine living like that. While they do have an incredible mass transit system (at least in Shanghai) just the crush of humanity has to be overwhelming. He lives on the 25th floor of his building and there are just rows and rows of them. We have it really good here.

Back