120mAh bat on missleworks RRC3?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick@JET

Reaction score
I am using an RRC3 in a small Bay and the 9v is a little big - so I purchased a 120mAh LIPO 2S 25C. Anyone ever use this ? Only firing 1 charge and will recharge bat after each day.ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1422363957.276643.jpg

Never mind - I looked in manual and it consumes at most 35mAh when beeping and flashing. So at worst case it would last 4 hours.

However the battery has a max discarge of 3A and my new question is how many amps does it take to fire and First Fire Jr. Or Ematch.
At worst case I'll jut hook one to the battery tonight and see if it will ignite then recharge the battery and see how much it took out

I have used batteries with those specs on numerous occasions with a RRC3 and either two or three charges per flight. I use the aux channel a lot. If I am using a single altimeter and a motor with an ejection charge, I use the aux channel as a secondary for the main.

Good idea on the aux port. Do you have to program that with the LCD option or PC interface ?

You need to check the manual for that as I only use the PC. If you do not have the interface, I highly recommend it for programming and flight data.

That C rating means

battery 120 mAhr = .12 amps continuous flow x 25 (C) = 3 amps

3 amps continuous does not exceed the 5 amp limit on the RRC3 so you should be good in theory in a short situation.

Cheers

There is an in depth thread on this already here

Chris

Back