New Adept22 just came.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were never really NOT available. Tommy was so swamped with orders he removed it from the website, but they were still available. he sold thousands of them, colleges and the Gubmint bought them by the hundreds.

They were never really NOT available. Tommy was so swamped with orders he removed it from the website, but they were still available. he sold thousands of them, colleges and the Gubmint bought them by the hundreds.
That makes me laugh. If I had only known.
i probably won't shave this one down. I'll leave it stock ��
ken

I fried my Adept22 in my booster of Demon and Dopey... Forgot that the arming alt was about 50 feet higher than the booster was supposed to go. :(

I really need to pick one up sometime.

Mild cautionary note here. Be careful with the high powered GPS dog-trackers. Will cause the 22 to shut down. With the lower powered trackers, I'd do an extended ground test with the 22 connected up with bare ematches and the tracker running for 30 to 60 minutes. If the 22 doesn't shut down, blow the ematches or recycle, the tracker is probably compatible with the 22.

Of course if you do what I do and fly it in smaller sport rockets without an Rf tracker, it's a great reliable little unit. Kurt

Mine is stuck reporting 2,799 ft.
When you apply the vacuum it just resets.

I've run 2 tests with a vacuum cleaner and Christmas tree bulbs.
The other one works fine, with the same test.

JD

That was my understanding of what happened as well.

Mild cautionary note here. Be careful with the high powered GPS dog-trackers. Will cause the 22 to shut down. With the lower powered trackers, I'd do an extended ground test with the 22 connected up with bare ematches and the tracker running for 30 to 60 minutes. If the 22 doesn't shut down, blow the ematches or recycle, the tracker is probably compatible with the 22.

Of course if you do what I do and fly it in smaller sport rockets without an Rf tracker, it's a great reliable little unit. Kurt
Mine has always flown in the same compartment as a BRB900 and it works fine.

Nice little altimeter (was the 1st altimeter I ever bought, come to think of it) - very handy as a backup in one of my 4" av-bays. It has probably flown on the order of a dozen times now, maybe more...

That was my understanding of what happened as well.

Mine has always flown in the same compartment as a BRB900 and it works fine.

Nice little altimeter (was the 1st altimeter I ever bought, come to think of it) - very handy as a backup in one of my 4" av-bays. It has probably flown on the order of a dozen times now, maybe more...

The phenomena is frequency, power and unit dependent. BRB units, especially the lower powered trackers, play well with most altimeters. But..... I had one of the high powered BRB non-directional beacons dork an altimeter on the
ground and fire the charges. Not the trackers fault. Suboptimal design of the deployment altimeter.

One should peruse this article: https://www.apogeerockets.com/downloads/PDFs/GPS_Recovery.pdf

The stuff on the dog trackers start on page 7 and the part about interference starts on page 15. It behooves everyone who uses Rf trackers to read this section. You may get away with it for a long time as long as you use established, compatible units.
Start mixing devices without testing with bare ematches and a great project could be ruined.

Kurt (I've been bit by Rf)

Back