BAR Checking In

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Adrien, and I'm addicted to things that go fast ... :eyepop:

"Hi, Adrien"

So, I'm forty-<something>, and flew a lot as a kid, up into my early teens, in the pre-Internet days. My grandfather was a USAF vet who went on to work in the defense industry, and he got me hooked at an early age. As Southern California (and Riverside County in particular) got increasingly anti-rocket, I moved on to other things, although I never completely lost "the bug". (I still have my copy of the 4th edition of Stine's Handbook...)

I've been feeling an itch for at least the last five or six years to get back in, and have been following things from the fringe. High-power, and the advances in electronics are things that I'm really digging at this point, so, I've finally taken the plunge and ordered a bunch of building supplies and a couple of kits, and hope to be flying again soon. It looks like ROC up in Lucerne is the closest club/launch site for me, so I'll probably be heading up that way.

Beyond that, uhh, I'm married with dogs, I work in IT (networks and phones, although my main responsibility right now is as a DBA). Non-rocketry hobbies include auto racing (road racing, not a big fan of NASCAR, although we all worship the gods of Speed), outdoors-ey crap, competitive shooting (USPSA, SASS), electronics, metalwork ... Oh, and I'm back in school, so there's that time sink.

So, hope that's enough, hit me up with any questions.

"Hi, Adrien"

Welcome to some of the most powerful enablers you'll ever find for this particular affliction...

Welcome Adrien. You touched some familiar bases with that intro. There is pretty good representation here from California considering some of the extra hoops you have to jump through to get your launch on.

"Hi, Adrien" Welcome back! I came back in the last few months as well. Wish things were easier in CA though. Happy flying! :)

Hi Adrien! Prepare wallet for emptying! There's so much here to inspire you, and a lot of help if you ask/need it.

All the Best!
Jim

Hi Adrien! Prepare wallet for emptying! There's so much here to inspire you, and a lot of help if you ask/need it.

All the Best!
Jim

Thanks, Jim. Next to collecting guns and building race cars, I think I'm actually going to be spending less money ... At least until I go after Level 2. Of course, I could be wrong. :eyepop:

Either way, when my wallet's empty, it's easier on my back. :wink:

Q: How do you make a small fortune in racing?
A: Start with a large fortune ...

Back