Vendor Suggestion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hball55

Reaction score
It would be a "Perfect Storm" if our wonderful vendors would standardize certain rocket parts. My focus is on AV Bay parts, specifically the bulkheads and even more specifically the aluminum bulkheads.

The problem with aluminum AV Bay lids is that the holes for the all-thread are already drilled and you're stuck with it and have to build your own sled as opposed to using the new 3D printer sleds that you can get at Missile Works.

Either vendors who provide these aluminum bulkheads have the supplier ship the bulkheads with only the eyebolt hole. That way the end-user will have the flexibility of building their own sled or can use the 3D printed sleds currently available. Of course, they can also choose to adopt the standard hole patterns required by the 3D sleds . . . yes, this ties the production to this standard and is harder to convince people to adopt it.

Ford, Chev & Chrysler haven't been able to come to a universal wheel lug pattern in how many years? I think your asking the impossible?

Greg

I don't like I bolt, can we standardize on the much better U bolt.

The industry is too small for any kind of standardization. Vendors come and go; most struggle to make it financially viable. It's not like Sony, RCA and JVC standardizing cable connectors.

It will get even worse with Wildman using his thin walled tubing.
Making it harder to find replacement parts for older rockets.....

JD

It will get even worse with Wildman using his thin walled tubing.
Making it harder to find replacement parts for older rockets.....

JD

Jeff, you know perfectly well that you call Rocketry Warehouse for the old tubing and couplers. They came from Curtis, which was Tim's former supplier.

Last edited:
Or a custom part maker-- send caliper measurements and get parts! PLUS... add in features to match your exact needs for little or no additional cost. Holes, slots, center marks, stepped edges..

Nat Kinsey
UpscaleCNC

Curtis changed his sizes at least once if not more....
They use to be almost the same size as PML tubing.

Not now.

JD

Jeff, you know perfectly well that you call Rocketry Warehouse for the old tubing and couplers. They came from Curtis, which was Tim's former supplier.

Back