Dog Poll

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am a Dog Lover

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't say I love ALL dogs, but there are a few that I've loved over the years. One of them and I were wrestling together only a few hours ago.

I've liked the dogs my family has had. Living on my own, however, I've only had cats.

Well yea !!! You've seen them before but I never miss a chance to show em of--Sammy the wolf mix--and the Diggers a lab mix--101_1062.jpg

My brother out in Washington State is a Grayhound Resquer'.
I love my Jack Russel Terrors.
I've had a lot of different breads over the years.
But I have to say the JRT's are the smartest.
They learn quick, they attach to one person and will attack anything 10+ their size if offends their attached human.
I would not feel save without my Tasha. My sanity rests with her effection!

Used to be a large dog lover, having had Dobermans, but when my aunt died, I inherited her female Yorkie. That dog quickly captured my heart and since then, I bought a male Yorkie to keep her company.

I love dogs --- playing with them, going for walks, petting them, just sitting on the couch with them. They are fun and loyal and eager to please. Dogs are the only animals, except for maybe our fellow primates, whe will look you straight in the eye and try to understand what you are thinking.

But dogs can also be a bit of a pain in the butt. Barking, pooping, needing attention, begging for food, wanting out, wanting back in, chewing stuff up, getting smelly, making a mess, etc. We don't have a dog and probably won't get one. For the past 5 months we've hosted a dog at our house on five different occaisons when it's owner has gone out of town for a total of one month when you add it all up. So I figure I have a 20% stake in a dog, and that's about enough. We always send that dog home spoiled...

I went against the flow, I voted "No"... I like dogs, but love would be too strong of a word. I grew up with dogs, and cats, and many other types of animals. However, not having any now is very nice. No fur everywhere, no having to take them out, I can walk through the yard without fear of stepping on landmines, I can go on trips with the family without having to worry about the dogs (or cats, etc.), no vet bills, no accidents in the house, etc. I've got fish... they have an automatic feeder. I also have two kids under age 3, so I suppose that may be keeping my mind opposed to more dependents at the moment. :wink:

We have a black lab named Milly and four cats....we live in a big old farmhouse so there's plenty of room inside and plenty of space outside. Sometimes it seems that it's Milly that really binds our family together. There's been a dog, sometimes two, in my life ever since I could walk. During my teenage years my family had an exceptionally large border collie and he was my faithful companion on many adventures....even searching for lost rockets. My life will never be without a dog and those that have passed from my life will never be forgotten.

II pretty much love all breeds of dogs...and I totally agree with Thirstybarbarian (awesome screen name!)....I love to play with them, pet them and just hang out with them.
I love Basset Hounds. I just love the demeanor of those goofy looking animals!! just kind lovable souls.

We have a black lab named Milly and four cats....we live in a big old farmhouse so there's plenty of room inside and plenty of space outside. Sometimes it seems that it's Milly that really binds our family together. There's been a dog, sometimes two, in my life ever since I could walk. During my teenage years my family had an exceptionally large border collie and he was my faithful companion on many adventures....even searching for lost rockets. My life will never be without a dog and those that have passed from my life will never be forgotten.

Totally love my Dog. Always been a Dog Lover, and now I have Cats too and they are also pretty great.:)

I'm allergic to cats. And I had Ferrel cats invade my home.
To me, cats have 2 purposes in life.
Torture, and target practice.
Sorry, that is just how I feel.

I like cats as much as I like dogs. Cats are more aloof than dogs, but they are definitely more low maintenance too, which is great. And cats have a greater variety of personalities than dogs do.

Pretty much any feral animal can be a problem. I've known people to have to exterminate feral cats on their properties, and the same goes for feral or stray dogs that cause problems. The animal lover in most of us might hate the idea, but it may be a practical necessity sometimes, so I can understand it. One thing I can't understand is the idea of "torture," whatever that may be (and I don't want to know). It's one thing to have to eliminate a pest that is a hazard or nuisance for practical purposes, but there's really no good reason to inflict suffering on any creature, whether it's, feral, stray, wild, or domestic. That's how I feel about it. I don't want to get off topic here, but that comment in this dog lovers thread just seemed out of place to me. Anyway... Movin' on...

I have 2 labs (1 male, one female). 80 and 90 pounds. We nicknamed 'em demon and dopey. You can guess why. :p

I love them.

Of course, I hate any dog less than 40 pounds. "Rat dogs" I call them. :)

I like dogs. I also really love cats. We have a dog. We also have a cat. The dog's name is Ginger, she's a 25lb cocker spaniel rescue. (Sorry Matt, but no, she's not a rat dog- the neighbors have "rat dogs" 2 yippy, yappy, run/ poop all over everyone's yard poodles- they're the rat dogs IMHO). Anyway... we also had two cats, until Jeremy died last year. I tend to consider myself more of a cat person, but dogs are definitely great too.

Nate

We have two spoiled stinking rotten Shetland Sheepdogs. Both are rescues (the best breed there is).

Not sure there is a best breed but there damn sure is a worse breed. Yours are good pooches though. What can you say about a dog that hates low power?

I love cats and dogs equally for different reasons. Most likely my next pet will be a cat for some of the reasons Thirsty pointed out about dogs. Besides, cats are the only animal I know of that plays practical jokes on their owners and other animals. There is just something I find funny about that.

I love my dogs like they are children. Reminds me, I need to walk them.

BTW, this is the best non-rocketry related thread in the watering hole ever created. :)

Here's a pic of my dog. She's a red Heeler. When she was younger, she would never try jumping very high. When she got into my car, she would jump in on the floor, then move to the seat. I was worried when I got my Mountaineer that she wouldn't jump into the back as planned, but a little treat training (once only, actually) and she pops right in. Now she goes with me everywhere she can. She absolutely loves riding in the tractors with me Here's a couple of pics. The tractor has three steps to get in, with the first being about two feet off the ground, so it's quite a climb in. The third pic is her in her other favorite pastime :grin:

Adrian

beautiful dog! I like cats too...seeing these pictures of your dog just hanging out with you is awesome...I had to put my beloved dog down last month...still find myself looking for her.

Here's a pic of my dog. She's a red Heeler. When she was younger, she would never try jumping very high. When she got into my car, she would jump in on the floor, then move to the seat. I was worried when I got my Mountaineer that she wouldn't jump into the back as planned, but a little treat training (once only, actually) and she pops right in. Now she goes with me everywhere she can. She absolutely loves riding in the tractors with me Here's a couple of pics. The tractor has three steps to get in, with the first being about two feet off the ground, so it's quite a climb in. The third pic is her in her other favorite pastime :grin:

Adrian

Had a couple bad experiences with dogs when I was little. I like other people's dogs now, I'm not psycho about it or anything. I get that a lot of people are enamored with dogs, but it's just not for me. I have 4 kids, and I'm not looking to add any more time commitment or bad behavior around here. :)

I have seen bumper stickers that say "I (heart) my granddog" and I throw up in my mouth a little. Those people need some help.

My 2 girls

The black and white one, Honey, is an American Staffordshire terrier. Abused and abandoned, she show up in our driveway about 18 months ago, covered in ticks and blood-crusted cuts. The vet said she had been used as a bait dog. Little by little, she is learning to trust people. The other one, Lilly, was a pound rescue we got about a month after Honey showed up. We think she is a mix of Rhodesian Ridgeback and Boxer. She is an 80 lb., goofy, bag-o-love.
dogs.jpg

My 2 girls

The black and white one, Honey, is an American Staffordshire terrier. Abused and abandoned, she show up in our driveway about 18 months ago, covered in ticks and blood-crusted cuts. The vet said she had been used as a bait dog. Little by little, she is learning to trust people. The other one, Lilly, was a pound rescue we got about a month after Honey showed up. We think she is a mix of Rhodesian Ridgeback and Boxer. She is an 80 lb., goofy, bag-o-love.
View attachment 253002
Ya know, they're just to sweet !! Sammy was a rescue too. When we got her she looked like a greyhound--just skin and bones-- the other folk had left her behind --in the middle of their separation-- in the garage and would stop by a couple time a week to feed her, maybe. She hated people-- it has pretty obvious she had been kicked in the head out of anger. They were both pretty ugly drunks. Anyway we took her in.It took almost a month before she would let us get near her. Long story short, We had a large back yard but I had to keep her on a run. I hated that !! Finally enough was enough, she would growl and snarl and foam at the mouth. As large as she was she is quite intimidating ! I backed her to the end of her run and she got around a tree. She never attacked me so I figured---ya know --your here to stay and so am I-- I PUT MY HAND OUT TO THAT SNARL--IT GOT WORSE--Then I put my hand in those jaws---nuttin-- she refused to bite- I took her off the run and a week later she got to come into the house . She's pretty high energy so a couple months later we got the Diggs as a pup. The rest is history. You can't separate the two. In the end,she made us her pack. She guards constantly. NO ONE COMES NEAR THE PLACE !! If she knows you then your OK !! She's great with kids from about 6 or 7 and younger. After that she's all about our territory . They both sleep near us at night--the Diggs sleeps in the bed with us and Sammy lays beside me at night on the floor--ever vigilante-After 6:30 am , Sammy gets up on the bed to let us know it's time to get our butts up and get going.As I'm typing this, Diggs is in the bed with mom and Sammy is under my feet waiting for me to go to bed. Ya can't ask for much more than that in life. I figure I'm pretty blessed to have these two...H

I have pack of 4 Scottish Terriers here. We love the Scots - they are big dogs in small packages and ours are quite affectionate although admittedly stubborn. Our oldest is 15 and he's getting on - I suspect he is not going to make it to 16. The youngest is 10 months old and is a very sweet troublemaker!

Thank goodness for the fenced-in back yard. Trying to walk 4 scots on a leash is a challenge!

The last thing you want to be is a “Dog Pole”.

I love dogs; though I can rarely finish a whole one.

#1 Bestselling book in North Korea “101 Ways to Wok Your Dog”

Last edited:
Back