Happy Birthday...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
Beer can! It's 80 years old today! Cans of Krueger’s Finest Beer and Krueger’s Cream Ale hit shelves in Richmond, Va. on Jan. 24, 1935, the first canned beer. more at: https://time.com/3677072/canned-beer-80th-anniversary/

I hate to admit it, because it shows my age, but I can remember a day when beer came in cans a lot like a can of soup. No pop tops or pull tabs. You had to have a can opener or "church key" to get the suds out. I think it was only in the early/mid 60's that they started canning soft drinks as well.

Technology made advances! First was the pull tab, which generated thousands of tons of extra bare-foot-slicing trash (and some interesting art work). Then they developed the push dot opening, and finally the cans we have today (there were several other developments in there...).

So here's popping a cold one for you, canned beer!

Beer can! It's 80 years old today! Cans of Krueger’s Finest Beer and Krueger’s Cream Ale hit shelves in Richmond, Va. on Jan. 24, 1935, the first canned beer. more at: https://time.com/3677072/canned-beer-80th-anniversary/

I hate to admit it, because it shows my age, but I can remember a day when beer came in cans a lot like a can of soup. No pop tops or pull tabs. You had to have a can opener or "church key" to get the suds out. I think it was only in the early/mid 60's that they started canning soft drinks as well.

Technology made advances! First was the pull tab, which generated thousands of tons of extra bare-foot-slicing trash (and some interesting art work). Then they developed the push dot opening, and finally the cans we have today (there were several other developments in there...).

So here's popping a cold one for you, canned beer!

AMEN bro! It's beer:30 at my house. I still drink em in the can too.

Back