Can't resist: Astronomers puzzled by unusual images from Uranus

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard that there is some sort of special scope that they use to look at Uranus, and if they find anything wrong, they will send out other probes.

"I don't think I will live enough to see the whole cycle of Uranus," she adds.
I read this whole thing out loud to my wife.

Best. Response. Ever.

If you have a very good telescope, I would say 11" diameter or better, you might be able to see the shadow of the 4 largest Jovian moons crossing the face of Jupiter in about 2 hours from now.

I have heard that there is some sort of special scope that they use to look at Uranus, and if they find anything wrong, they will send out other probes.

I heard about some of those probes... NASA tried to get one funded, but the government told them to sit on it.

I heard about some of those probes... NASA tried to get one funded, but the government told them to sit on it.

Was that the one where they were going to check the temperature by putting a thermometer in Uranus?

"I don't think I will live enough to see the whole cycle of Uranus," she adds.
I read this whole thing out loud to my wife.

Best. Response. Ever.

That's pretty good! I tried telling my wife about this, and she said, "Honey, I love you, but I don't really want to hear about Uranus. And I don't think it's a good idea that you talk about Uranus online."

... The plans were pretty far along until some anal bureaucrat came along and rectum.

Maybe they'll find out what's causing those darn assteroids.

No, they've proved pretty convincingly that Uranus is full of gas. That said, those gasses are quite lethal, and since it's in the vacuum of space, it's just hanging around there. Silent and deadly.

No, they've proved pretty convincingly that Uranus is full of gas. That said, those gasses are quite lethal, and since it's in the vacuum of space, it's just hanging around there. Silent and deadly.

Fascinating. Have they been able to determine scientifically why there are rings around Uranus?

How to pronounce Uranus

[video=youtube;h3ppbbYXMxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ppbbYXMxE[/video]

How to pronounce Uranus

[video=youtube;h3ppbbYXMxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ppbbYXMxE[/video]

Good video. The history was interesting. They were going to name the planet King George, but he was such an a-hole, they called it Uranus, short for Your Royal Anus, King Goerge the Third.

Good video. The history was interesting. They were going to name the planet King George, but he was such an a-hole, they called it Uranus, short for Your Royal Anus, King Goerge the Third.

But with the local accent, it sounds more like "King George The Turd"...

Back