LUNAR February Club Launch - 2/14 - rescheduled

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to go, especially since I missed out on the last Moffett launch, but this is going to be very iffy.

Ok, I didn't know that. Looks like I will have two months to build my L1 before the launches stop! I foresee a lot of late nights up building, haha.

Not sure where you live but there's a big 3 day High Power launch put on by Tripoli Central California (TCC) near Fresno (Helm, CA) in the middle of May. Getting your L1 there should be a routine matter assuming your flight is good.

The launch is held on yet another dairy farm and not surprisingly is called "Dairy Aire".

I'm trying to get my LOC 7.5" Warlock ready for this launch. All that's left on it is gluing the MMT and back CR in, and some recovery checks. And painting :p
If I can finish building it, it'll fly on an I297 Skid to around 1500-1700 feet. I'll also be flying my BAR crayon on an H399 and I175, Separation Anxiety on an H100 and I170, and probably a few midpower rockets.

Edit: MMT is in! I'll definitely be able to fly the Warlock at this launch, should be a really nice low and slow flight.

Last edited:
Prepping? I'm still building!

Only three more LUNAR Snow Ranch launches left in the season...

Yeah... IF we're lucky.

We need more of that wet stuff falling out of the sky to keep it green. It turns yellow too quickly. And when it does that, we get cut off.

I dreamed last night it was raining.

Woke up this morning and the sun was shining...unusual because we've had tule fog for the last week or two.

I don't think we've had any real precip here in the east bay since December. It was looking lie a good rain season for awhile, but nothing for about a month. Of course, prayers for rain will just result in the only rain for a month happening on launch day...

Crap, now I've jinxed it...

Last month's event was spectacular - I will be preparing for the next week to get ready for an awesome 2/7 event! Two new mid powers ready to fly - I hope the rain (no rain) situation will not be an issue.

Last month's event was spectacular - I will be preparing for the next week to get ready for an awesome 2/7 event! Two new mid powers ready to fly - I hope the rain (no rain) situation will not be an issue.

This no-rain situation is getting really bad. Total rainfall for the entire month of January here in Dublin, CA was ZERO! Not even a fraction of an inch! Yikes!

This no-rain situation is getting really bad. Total rainfall for the entire month of January here in Dublin, CA was ZERO! Not even a fraction of an inch! Yikes!

And on top of that, there's a small chance we'll get rained out next week...

10 day weather forecast shows Friday/Sat ~55% chance of rain.... figures.... we'll keep an eye on the forecast and hope weather shifts days.

Last edited:
So, if it rains on Launch Day, we get some of the rain we've been needing, and we launch the following Saturday. No problemo.

Keep those thoughts positive kiddos.

Rain dates are listed as Sunday and the next weekend. Next weekend is St. Valentine's day... taking my love to Biba's in Sacramento for dinner Saturday.

Actually I'm okay with rain next Saturday and then launching on the following Saturday rain date.

More time to finish up two of my birds, make up some deployment charges, do some ground testing, etc.

I know, we haven't had rain in weeks. When it finally decides to rain, it's on a launch weekend. But still, the weather geeks have been wrong before.

Yeah, a few days ago weather.com was only calling for morning rain Saturday and a clear afternoon, so I was hoping it might shift a bit earlier and make for a good day like the December launch. If the launch postpones to the 14th I can't go, so I'm still trying to finish my Excel DD (primed but not painted) for the 7th, but that's probably just my form of a rain dance to ensure there won't be a launch that day. :sigh: Otherwise I guess I'll shoot for TCC on the 21st.

Hopefully it doesn't get rained out this weekend! I'm now planning to fly my Mini Magg in addition to the other rockets I mentioned earlier. I'm going to fly an I175 to see how stable it is on slower motors (it clears the rail at 55 ft/s so it's definitely stable, but I want to see how it flies on smaller motors now that it has nose weight.)

If (more likely when) the HPR line gets too long, I have my Argent set up for a CTI G125RL (full 159 ns G) which should hit a bit less than 2000 feet. I've got some new altimeters I'll try in it.

Last edited:
Doesn't look good.
Okay, how many people clicked on the arrow to see what the forecast was for the following week? Be honest now.

I'm actually okay with the following Saturday as a rain date. Generally speaking the day following a rain storm is one of unsettled weather with winds. Yes, I know the following Saturday is Valentine's Day. Bring your sweetie with you and go to dinner afterwards.

I already pushed my dinner reservation back one hour on the 14th - just in case : ) I will be tracking the TCC thread also. Where there is a will there is a way !

Last edited:
Back