Estes Or Centuri Apollo Capsule.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an old Saturn V kit that had a damaged escape tower and rocket. I wrote Estes Customer Service and they sent me a new one and some decals at no charge. I don't think they would do it unless you have an old kit.

Rocketron

If I recall, the original 60's-vintage capsule kit from Estes was 1/70 scale, designed to fit the BT-70 service module on the Little Joe II and Saturn IB. Centuri did a 1/45 scale Little Joe II and a series of LJII/SatIB/SatV kits using the 1/100 scale injection-molded capsule kit. The SatV that Estes periodically reissues (plus the rarer SatIB and LJII) are 1/100 scale using the same injection-molded parts. Please correct me if I'm getting my wires crossed!

If I recall, the original 60's-vintage capsule kit from Estes was 1/70 scale, designed to fit the BT-70 service module on the Little Joe II and Saturn IB. Centuri did a 1/45 scale Little Joe II and a series of LJII/SatIB/SatV kits using the 1/100 scale injection-molded capsule kit. The SatV that Estes periodically reissues (plus the rarer SatIB and LJII) are 1/100 scale using the same injection-molded parts. Please correct me if I'm getting my wires crossed!

You hit the nail on the head there. I'm in the need for a 1/100th scale unit for an old 2001 version. All I really need is the LES. Removing the capsule which is in good shape by butchering the SM BT won't be the best approach just to replace the tower. So when it boils down to it, I need only the tower assembly, though it always came with the capsule.

Back