Bomb Pop Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see a better photo of it.
BP.jpg
BP1.jpg

Last edited:
looks nice from afar, some close photos of the actual kit would be nice.

True I would like to see the fin shape a little closer. I have to admit I did not know it was fiberglass, that's actually a great price for said rocket. A perfect candidate for the Loki 1200 loads.

TA

True I would like to see the fin shape a little closer. I have to admit I did not know it was fiberglass, that's actually a great price for said rocket. A perfect candidate for the Loki 1200 loads.

TA
Here is the fin. I will have to get a photo of the rocket another time(mine needs some TLC from the cable cutters...)

FIn.jpg

Whats the nose cone set up like can you fit an altimeter in there?

TA

Well I pulled the trigger on one of these this morning. I will say it again one the best prices I have seen on a 100% fiberglass kit. I need something to handle the whoop azz Loki 1200, although I might have to watch the waver only got 10k.

TA

Its amazing that you got such a nice picture of both launches, the J-1000 launch I had teleported off the pad.

TA

Last edited:
Well I pulled the trigger on one of these this morning. I will say it again one the best prices I have seen on a 100% fiberglass kit. I need something to handle the whoop azz Loki 1200, although I might have to watch the waver only got 10k.

TA

I'll get it out tomorrow too. I was at a launch today, I only have 8 left. :)

j650 photo isn't there.

That's the problem with trying to post links to a forum with a smart phone. Thanks Carlo.

Todd, I should have made that post on/with the computer, so I would have taken the time to add (like I should have) that those photos were the expert work of Rockets Magazine. They were taken at LDRS 30 in Argonia, KS. You will really like Chris's kit here, and correct me if I'm wrong Chris, but you won't have a problem with a 10K' waiver. You'll be just under it. I've seen this rocket on both of the reloads photoed above as well as the[video=youtube;LYovoBrSui8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYovoBrSui8[/video].

I've been trying to convince Chris to make this with a 54mm mount to accommodate the 54/2000 K-960. :)

Good to know I want to fly it at our normal field and we only have 10k. Only... I say that tongue and cheek its actually pretty nice waver, when I here what others suffer from.

Ya 54mm crossed my mind but I'm going to leave it stock. I'm going all out with the AV bay and paint job on this one, and probably a slimline retainer.

Thanks I cant wait. :w:

TA

That's the problem with trying to post links to a forum with a smart phone. Thanks Carlo.

Todd, I should have made that post on/with the computer, so I would have taken the time to add (like I should have) that those photos were the expert work of Rockets Magazine. They were taken at LDRS 30 in Argonia, KS. You will really like Chris's kit here, and correct me if I'm wrong Chris, but you won't have a problem with a 10K' waiver. You'll be just under it. I've seen this rocket on both of the reloads photoed above as well as the[video=youtube;LYovoBrSui8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYovoBrSui8[/video].

I've been trying to convince Chris to make this with a 54mm mount to accommodate the 54/2000 K-960. :)

Depends. If I remember right, the J1000 went just over 10K, the J650 hit upper 8's, and The Blue demo went upper 8's.

Got my kit yesterday great quality, cant wait till some of my epoxy stuff gets here so I can get building. Already washed all the parts, got my slimline and harness, once I get the final weight I'll make a chute.

It will be single separation DD cable cutter, the nose cone shoulder fits my existing AV bulkheads, very happy about that!

TA

Got my kit yesterday great quality, cant wait till some of my epoxy stuff gets here so I can get building. Already washed all the parts, got my slimline and harness, once I get the final weight I'll make a chute.

It will be single separation DD cable cutter, the nose cone shoulder fits my existing AV bulkheads, very happy about that!

TA

Very cool. It will be a great flyer for you:)

Just got my allotment on the website. Thanks Chris for letting me sell this great kit to the northern folks. Yes it is cold here. about 2 degrees as I type this:eyepop:

Back