Great inexpensive scissors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never used a pair of scissors made in this fashion that was worth a fart in the wind.
I use Clauss #3310 10" Offset Handle for heavy jobs like 1/4" thick rubber, sharpenable. 2 pair, one is 20+ years old
#338 8" Offset Handle for jobs like rough cutting sheets of 1/8" balsa, sharpenable. 2 pair, both 20+ years old.
And my newest set is 8-1/4" Straight Handle Craftool (made in USA) for leather crafting. Coming up on 1 year old.
I suppose they would ok if you just cut paper with em, but they would dull eventually. And you need diamond stones to sharpen titanium.

EDIT: Just looked up on Clauss, they don't make the 3310 anymore apparently. The 338 is $22.

Last edited:
have to agree:
Most Cheapy scissors and "Kitchen Shears" Are not worth a Hoot. That said the best set of utility shears i've ever had is a pair of Cutco 9" Shears. These stainless steel every sharp shear cut everything from delicate filigree paper to zipping Copper Pennies in half and alumimum .063" sheet trimming without skipping a beat. They were not Cheap don't recall exactly how much about 55 bucks. But they are guarentee'ed for Life, If they every need sharpening (and they haven't in over 25 years) I just send them in and they are sharpened and returned Free.

All that Said if you just want some inexpensive decent quailty shears that will do paper patterns to zipping bone. Harbor Freight sell and has on sale every so often 8" stainless shear for 2 or 3 bucks. They are not as good as my Cutco shears but better then the wifes best kitchen shears;)

9in Stainless (forever) Cutco shears_08-27-79.JPG

Last edited:
have to agree:
Most Cheapy scissors and "Kitchen Shears" Are not worth a Hoot. That said the best set of utility shears i've ever had is a pair of Cutco 9" Shears. These stainless steel every sharp shear cut everything from delicate filigree paper to zipping Copper Pennies in half and alumimum .063" sheet trimming without skipping a beat. They were not Cheap don't recall exactly how much about 55 bucks. But they are guarentee'ed for Life, If they every need sharpening (and they haven't in over 25 years) I just send them in and they are sharpened and returned Free.

All that Said if you just want some inexpensive decent quailty shears that will do paper patterns to zipping bone. Harbor Freight sell and has on sale every so often 8" stainless shear for 2 or 3 bucks. They are not as good as my Cutco shears but better then the wifes best kitchen shears;)
There was a "How It's Made" segment on those. Thanks for all of the suggestions, but for my use, the Clauss model I specified is both inexpensive ($7.73), well made, and more than adequate for my home and hobby use. Others I've bought haven't been. I should have listed them as great inexpensive scissors.

Latest posts

Back