ProLine Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpitfield

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know the status of ProLine Rocketry, are they still active? Before I get the old captain obvious, "did you try to contact them", the answer would be yes several times.

I have not seen GaryT posting in a while. The last time was NOV. Anyone know him?

Last edited:
Mike,
My apologies, we are most definitely still active but have been doing some major restructuring as of late, I'll have more on that later. As for the newly designed Av-Bay lids I'll be adding them to the site later on tonight.

Gary T.

Gary,

I am glad to hear all is ok. When I looked up you activity on the forum. It worried me.

Have you thought about an entire AV bay design?

Yepp good to know. I was wondering too a few mails without response... hope to see this ARCAS back soon on the market. I want one :)

Here is the new design, they are available in 3, 4, and 4.5 inch now all other sizes coming soon.
Here are some pics. av-bay-r2-1-lg.jpgav-bay-r2-2-lg.jpgav-bay-r2-3-lg.jpg

New version offers a 100% seal between ejection charge and electronics

www.prolinerocketry.com

Thanks
CT-

Thats cool Gary! I like the new design. I liked the old design too. What are some advantages for the new design over the old one besides being sealed from electronics?

Any new rockets coming out? What about the V2?

To anyone who owns the old design: How did you prevent blow back?

Mike,
My apologies, we are most definitely still active but have been doing some major restructuring as of late, I'll have more on that later. As for the newly designed Av-Bay lids I'll be adding them to the site later on tonight.

Gary T.

Thanks Gary, I just placed the order and looks like I grabbed all of your inventory as both the 3" and 4" lids now say out of stock. Looking forward to receiving them as well as hearing about your restructuring. I still have my eye on that ARCAS.

Here is the new design, they are available in 3, 4, and 4.5 inch now all other sizes coming soon.
Here are some pics.View attachment 252819View attachment 252820View attachment 252821

New version offers a 100% seal between ejection charge and electronics

www.prolinerocketry.com

Thanks
CT-

That looks like a great design. I am guessing that when you torque down the charge-well the o rings compress around the e-match, very simple clean design and lids.

To anyone who owns the old design: How did you prevent blow back?

I tapped the holes in the bottom of the charge cups and sealed them with a screw. Also used red locktite on the threads of the screws and the charge cups. Added terminal blocks on the bulkplates like all my other DD rockets, can't fault a proven design.
I really like the new design, might have to upgrade the lids on my Mongoose 75, it would allow me to add the external speaker for my Stratologger.

Gary, how long are those new charge cups and how much BP will they hold?

Thanks guys on the new design. Both Curtis and I came up with it to prevent any BP gasses to blow back into your Av-Bay. They're very simple to set up and ues, simply remove the canister from the lid, feed the E-Match lead through the canister hole, take the supplied O-Ring and roll it up the E-Match lead till it is seated in the contoured underside of the canister, pass the leads through the lid and attach the screw. The contoured underside of the canister forces the O-Ring to compress around the lead sealing it off. The canisters will come in various sizes depending on the size of the lid, the ones pictured will hold approx. 5-6 grams of 4F BP.

I was just on the Proline Rocketry website looking at the Dominator 3 kit, but it's listed "out of stock", as are all the kits on the website.

So I searched and found this topic here, but it's been 7 months since the last post. Is Proline Rocketry still in business?

Last edited:
I think they transferred their product line to rocketry warehouse,

Thanks for the info. I just checked the RW website and they do have the Dominator 3. Oddly, it's been awhile since RW had a Happy Hump Day sale. I think the last one was in mid August.

not really odd. those sales have to be a ton of work for next to no profit.

I remember reading in another vendor thread that RW was redoing their web catalog or something, and was going to restart the hump day sales next week. I seem to have a reminder on my calendar...

Last edited:
Good to hear from you, Gary! Indeed, I think many of us (myself included) were worried. Look forward to hearing more about said restructuring...

Back