Got a box in the mail...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketgeek101

Reaction score
It took a while, but my Wildman BSS order finally arrived!

I was surprised at the size of the box... I was expecting it to be bigger, but Tim is very efficient at making things fit.:)

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421807225.919418.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421807541.764685.jpg

Inside I found a 3" Punisher (which is a lot larger in person then you'd think) and a Darkstar Jr. as well as some misc. odds and ends and a Pro-38 6XL case.:grin:

Keep an eye out for the build threads coming soon! So far all I've done is give the parts a bath to wash away all the fiberglass dust.

I just know I can't be the only one who is more excited to see the individual pieces laid out when a box arrives, than I am during build or when the project is complete and not yet flown? I feel the last part is an important distinction, because if we were to feel less excited post-launch of a project, than that makes perfect sense! It's obviously not the flight that I find so enchanting, it's the promise of the build process... I will be watching this one.

You can't order it anymore as it was a black Saturday special. If you call Tim at wildman he might be able to make you one, don't quote me on that though.

Braden

If you want one, I would jump on that.
When they go on Tim's website they will probably be at a higher price.

they also have the V-2 sport, which I'm not sure when that will show up on the main wildman site.

No box for me yet. I am waiting on a Punisher kit and the 4" SAAB. I think the holdup must be the new CTI 4" nose cones. Anybody seen one of those?

NikeMikey

No box for me yet. I am waiting on a Punisher kit and the 4" SAAB. I think the holdup must be the new CTI 4" nose cones. Anybody seen one of those?

NikeMikey

I have not, I'm waiting for the same order with lots of motors... Tim was on vacation this past week...hope he'll ship when he returns.

WM normally sends tracking info email from UPS when they create the shipping docs.

At least you have a tracking number..... still waiting here :(

JD

I got a tracking number last night. Package originating in Peru, IL. I'm guessing it is my wildman kits. At 6.5 lbs, it seems light for a punisher, V-2 sport, and some misc hardware (chutes and cords). I sure hope it is all there.

Whee! Got my box today... 2.6" V-2 sport and 2-part foam. Now I'm just trying to figure out how all the V-2 parts go together... anyone play with this yet? There's a metal ring that looks like it goes on the end of the MMT at the tail cone, and something like a snap ring to go with it, but I'd love to see confirmation, etc... Anyone planning a build thread?

I built a Wildman V-2 (54mm). Trying to figure out how to put a radio tracker in it and make it DD so I can fly it on an I204 at LDRS ... although this is really a "SMALL and dangerous rocket ship." I'm thinking I can use my Adept 22 altimeter, separate at apogee with a main chute tied shut with a piece of fishing line. I would wrap a piece of Nichrome wire around the fishing line so that it melts and breaks, releasing the main. I can fit the altimeter and a radio tracker in the nose cone. I do need to put 8 oz. of weight in the nose cone, though. After I built it I thought to myself, "What a wicked little beast!" I assembled it with Rocketpoxy and JB Weld. The motor retainer is pretty cool. I have attached a photo of it, an Open Rocket profile of it, and a simulated flight on an I204. THis should push 8,500' and get real close to Mach 1.

London or Bust.

V-2 Completed.jpg V-2 Simulated Flight.jpg 54mm Wildman V-2.jpg

Last edited:
Opening a box of parts is like christmas all over again!
I'm currently putting together my 38mm Wildman Jr. And previous to that was the Wildman Mini.

Back