• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

54mm Aluminum Tailcone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksrockets

Now with 8% more aluminum
Reaction score
This originally started as a sleeker nozzle carrier for my "contents under pressure" but I screwed it up, so hey, why not make a pretty cool tailcone out of it?

Transition length: .75in
Aft OD: 1.87in
Shoulder Length: .911in
Weight: 1.75oz

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg
Not a bad finish!

IMG_1112.jpg
The boring on this little lathe leaves a lot to be desired. Ugh. But who cares. The inside won't be seen anyway.

IMG_1111.jpg
Here it is on a 54mm fincan.

This would be a nice touch to a 54mm rocket with a 38mm mount. I'd just epoxy it right onto the tube and use a slimline retainer. I don't think you could fit an Aeropack in there.

I'd hate to see it go to waste, but I'd also hate to actually charge money for this crap. Just pay shipping and it's yours. HOLD IT MATT. If you want it you've got to tell me how you're going to use it and maybe post a pic when you're done?

Alex

Last edited:
I'd hate to see it go to waste, but I'd also hate to actually charge money for this crap. Just pay shipping and it's yours. HOLD IT MATT. If you want it you've got to tell me how you're going to use it and maybe post a pic when you're done?

Alex
IMWDYE...

Hi Alex,

Got the tailcone and it fits perfectly into the thin wall tube of my Rocketry Warehouse Formula 54. You were correct that a 38mm motor retainer wouldn't fit but it works great with the Aero Pack 29mm retainer I'm using. Thanks for the opportunity to use your handy work in my build! Here are 2 pics of the retainer installed with and without the closure.

P1260163 (Large).jpg P1260164 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Back