Antares launch failure was hoax - NASA is fake

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxQ

Tripoli 2747
Reaction score
So, I have been getting a bit creeped out recently by the pervasive attacks on NASA and science in general.
I have been cruising the internet and YouTube is awash with conspiracy theories and apparently they claim NASA is a tool of the New World Order....
What is even more disturbing is what appears to be a Christian/evangelical/right wing or extremist view on the subject, as evidenced by this guy's post: (listen to his homage to Jesus while he "exposes" what he claims is another NASA/NWO agenda "hoax"....claims this CNN video of last fall's Antares launch failure at Wallops is a hoax and there was NO explosion - the actual CNN video starts at 0:58 :

"Be as this Child, (Not P(l)ay"acting" ) There is "No Boom Boom in the NASA Launch Room"
[video=youtube;xqGTDzJs7iY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqGTDzJs7iY[/video]

Last edited:
There are people who believes the moon landing was fake and countless independent evidence shows otherwise. It would be easier for NASA to go to the moon than to fake it...

Of course the moon landing was fake. Everybody knows that a rocket can't fly in a vacuum, there's nothing for it to push against. Besides, you can't land on the moon anyway... it's made of green cheese and you'd just sink.

right - the camera shake was a coordinated dance move (like they used to do on star trek.) NOT the cameraman jumping when startled by the loud "boom" reaching them...

... :facepalm:

also - second verse of this song (starts around 1:15) seems apropo...

[video=youtube;w-0TEJMJOhk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-0TEJMJOhk[/video]

This guy is CRAZY. He has a 5 part series on how World War II was faked.

oh man, have you seen some of that guy's other videos? just watched part of his ebola series. and I can't tell what's going on with his commenters.

ok - I'm not going to comment further, I'll get myself in trouble...

There are a lot of GD idiots in this world. I am getting tired of their crap.

Where's Buzz Aldrin when you need him to punch some idiot?
My thoughts exactly.

I did not mean to offend anyone when I mentioned the Christian angle with this guy, nor would I want this to turn into a discussion about religion in general, nor politics.
But here's where I have an issue.

Citing the name of your God - whoever it may be - as a rationalization to your actions is part of the problem with mankind in general these days...(what is more, I think it is a cop out to defend your belief about a news event you disagree with or a scientific issue by throwing in the word of God).

My point in bringing this video to your attention is not to discuss religion, nor politics, so we need not go there.

I am alarmed by what appears to be a growing campaign to discredit NASA as a mere tool of the New World Order, the Illuminati etc.

I was about to post a link to a video that claims the earth is flat and we have all been duped by our school system.
The obscenities they used in referencing both NASA and all the Apollo astronauts as F'king liars was offensive.
They even say the ISS is fake, (they are filming it all in the zero G plane) communication satellites and GPS are fake, and even China is in on the hoax of spaceflight now.
This wasn't a comedy video...I'm serious.

It seems like we are seeing a resurgence of the old medieval ways of thinking and if we don't say something about it I think our silence merely condones this nonsense.
I took this action...I posted several links to private videos (not CNN) showing there was an actual launch failure/explosion and challenged him to explain his "Antares Agenda"

At the very least, if you don't want to comment on these nutty videos, I think you should consider at least hitting the dislike button on their video and send a message to these jokers.

I saw a young kid post on one of these nit wit YouTube links saying his parents took him to the Kennedy Space Center and he came back to the link and proudly posted "new clues" about how NASA faked the moon landings, as if he was trying to elicit praise from his mentors.
Very creepy, and it does not bode well for the scientific community in the future.

Last edited:
Isn't he the guy that lives out in the desert in the double-wide, and has all of those cats..........

and it does not bode well for the scientific community in the future.

These conspiracy cults are undermining the future of the USA by recruiting under average IQ types and brainwashing them. They believe that airliners are spraying chemicals on them, 9-11 was a government attack on it's own people, and our whole space program is faked. But they do believe in ufo's and that aliens are abducting them in their sleep.

I guess they never heard of Occam's Razor.

These conspiracy cults are undermining the future of the USA by recruiting under average IQ types and brainwashing them. They believe that airliners are spraying chemicals on them, 9-11 was a government attack on it's own people, and our whole space program is faked. But they do believe in ufo's and that aliens are abducting them in their sleep.

Didn't watch the video, but I always wonder how many of these types are actually sincere versus how many are posting nutty stuff just for kicks and to get YouTube hits which, if you get enough of them, apparently pay well.

Didn't watch the video, but I always wonder how many of these types are actually sincere versus how many are posting nutty stuff just for kicks and to get YouTube hits which, if you get enough of them, apparently pay well.

Yes, but there are certain people that post stuff like that on Facebook in total seriousness. And then defend their position to the point of looking like a buffoon even when it becomes more and more obvious that they are incorrect.

Occam has been in on this thing from the VERY BEGINNING! Wake up, sheeple!

Either way, it points to a psychological problem --- paranoid delusion in the first case, and sociopath in the second.

Ummm kay first of all if you're watching these conspiracy vids on YouTube it's GONNA drive you nuts...

The simple fact of the matter is there's nutcases all throughout human history, and since we have more and more people on this old world every day due to the population explosion, it's safe to say that we have more nutjobs now that ever before, and yeah, it's only gonna get worse. Whether they're "christian", "evangelical", "atheist", "muslim", or whatever other term you want to assign to them, there's more nutjobs of every type and flavor than ever.

Truth is, the nutjobs have always been with us, just like the poor and the truly evil. When the population was a lot lower and there was a lot less "tolerance" of nutjob ideas (back when folks would label you a nutjob and steer clear of you, not take you seriously, and marginalize/ostracize people for being braindead morons... which were better days IMHO) folks that had these sorts of nutcase ideas generally either 1) kept it to themselves or 2) sought out a close coterie of like-minded nutjobs that generally kept to themselves rather than face social stigmatism for being nuts. Now that we live in a society that is tolerant of ANYTHING (more or less), they've all come out of the woodwork-- in fact, the more "nuts" someone is, the more celebrated they seem to be.

The fact that we now have every type of communication and distribution methodology known to man available to pretty much anybody and everybody means that the nutjobs can EASILY record and distribute their nutjob ideas across the planet in a matter of minutes... and it remains essentially "forever" unless purged by the nutjob themself or the website owners. That's a BIG part of it-- even 20 years ago, there just wasn't as large or readily available platform for these kinds of nutjobs to make their loopy views widely available...

Oh well... nothing to see here... just move along... LOL:) If you ignore them, they'll go away... LOL:)

Later! OL JR :)

My thoughts exactly.

I did not mean to offend anyone when I mentioned the Christian angle with this guy, nor would I want this to turn into a discussion about religion in general, nor politics.
But here's where I have an issue.

Citing the name of your God - whoever it may be - as a rationalization to your actions is part of the problem with mankind in general these days...(what is more, I think it is a cop out to defend your belief about a news event you disagree with or a scientific issue by throwing in the word of God).

My point in bringing this video to your attention is not to discuss religion, nor politics, so we need not go there.

I am alarmed by what appears to be a growing campaign to discredit NASA as a mere tool of the New World Order, the Illuminati etc.

I was about to post a link to a video that claims the earth is flat and we have all been duped by our school system.
The obscenities they used in referencing both NASA and all the Apollo astronauts as F'king liars was offensive.
They even say the ISS is fake, (they are filming it all in the zero G plane) communication satellites and GPS are fake, and even China is in on the hoax of spaceflight now.
This wasn't a comedy video...I'm serious.

It seems like we are seeing a resurgence of the old medieval ways of thinking and if we don't say something about it I think our silence merely condones this nonsense.
I took this action...I posted several links to private videos (not CNN) showing there was an actual launch failure/explosion and challenged him to explain his "Antares Agenda"

At the very least, if you don't want to comment on these nutty videos, I think you should consider at least hitting the dislike button on their video and send a message to these jokers.

I saw a young kid post on one of these nit wit YouTube links saying his parents took him to the Kennedy Space Center and he came back to the link and proudly posted "new clues" about how NASA faked the moon landings, as if he was trying to elicit praise from his mentors.
Very creepy, and it does not bode well for the scientific community in the future.

I understand you're "motivated" to "confront" these types, but believe me, it's ABSOLUTELY pointless... all it "proves" to them is that you're not a "true believer" and that *you* have "the wool pulled over your eyes" (in their view) and/or have the same agenda as the "fakers" doing whatever it is set them off in the first place. IOW, it's like arguing with a brick wall... absolutely pointless. Maybe like arguing with a drunk-- again, no point. Like the old saying about wrestling a pig in the mud-- you get covered in filth, and the pig likes it.

Your time would be BETTER spent attempting to educate local kids on math, science, technology, space, etc. using rocketry as a teaching tool. Forget "correcting" the nutjobs-- they're too far gone and NOTHING you EVER say will convince them-- it's not consistent with their "worldview" or "belief system" and thus they will "explain away" whatever facts or evidence you bring forward to refute their ideas.

Remember that for MOST of human history, there has ALWAYS been just a handful of "educated" or "enlightened" people that were exploring the frontiers of human knowledge and understanding; most of the population was just trying to survive, figure out where their next meal was coming from, how to keep from freezing to death or dying of heatstroke, disease, etc... They had no knowledge or even desire to know most of the time, because that knowledge was basically of no intrinsic value to improving their lives, putting food on the table, etc. Hence the innumerable nutcase cults and ideas throughout history. Wily individuals used that mindset to control others throughout human history as well through manipulating and playing off their fears and beliefs.

Sorry but you're taking on a TOTALLY hopeless and pointless battle here. Put on a rocketry clinic for some kids at the "Y" or 4-H or Scouts or something, make a contribution that counts, and don't waste your time on the nutters of this world.

Later and good luck! OL JR :)

Either way, it points to a psychological problem --- paranoid delusion in the first case, and sociopath in the second.
There are plenty of those types around which the Internet now allows a public voice:

Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People
Narcissistic, Machiavellian, psychopathic, and sadistic.

https://www.slate.com/articles/heal..._machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

The above summarizes a (not free) study released in September 2014.

Actually, they believe Occam's Razor was what men used shaved with in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Occam was a Franciscan monk, so he used his razor to maintain the bald patch on top of his head. Occam's Razor is the principle that given a choice between two haircuts, the most ridiculous is probably the best.

Ummm kay first of all if you're watching these conspiracy vids on YouTube it's GONNA drive you nuts...

The simple fact of the matter is there's nutcases all throughout human history...

Later! OL JR :)

I'm beginning to think that this was why Chris Columbus and other early arrivals in the New World started bringing natives back with them.

Were there idiots even then who swore that there was no "New World" and these guys had just been laying on the beach in Azores for a few months? "America is just a fake!" "You'd sail of the edge!"

There are enough of these paranoid nutjobs around that it's getting to be a significant problem. I think maybe it's time to get this situation under control. Maybe there should be a secret government program to monitor these lunatics by spying on them through their TV screens, and if there is any hint of trouble, we can control their thoughts through microwaves and dental fillings.

There are enough of these paranoid nutjobs around that it's getting to be a significant problem. I think maybe it's time to get this situation under control. Maybe there should be a secret government program to monitor these lunatics by spying on them through their TV screens, and if there is any hint of trouble, we can control their thoughts through microwaves and dental fillings.

There is nothing wring with your television. We control the horizontal. We control the vertical.

Maybe there should be a secret government program to monitor these lunatics by spying on them through their TV screens, and if there is any hint of trouble, we can control their thoughts through microwaves and dental fillings.
WHAT makes you think they aren't already doing that? Mwahahaha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back