Antares launch failure was hoax - NASA is fake

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All about Roswell. This info was declassified by the USAF in 1994. I had an acquaintance who worked for some US nuclear test monitoring agency somewhere in the US who said a model of the Mogul balloon string was in their (restricted area) lobby long before 1994 and they'd snicker at all the Roswell hype:

The Roswell Incident and Project Mogul

https://www.csicop.org/si/show/roswell_incident_and_project_mogul/

Report on Project Mogul
Synopsis of Balloon Research Findings
by JAMES McANDREW, 1st Lt, USAFR

https://muller.lbl.gov/teaching/physics10/Roswell/USMogulReport.html

And yet, the Roswell UFO myth persists because that's what people WANT to believe, especially those who make money from it.

Of course the moon landing was fake. Everybody knows that a rocket can't fly in a vacuum, there's nothing for it to push against. Besides, you can't land on the moon anyway... it's made of green cheese and you'd just sink.

Green cheese?? What a dolt; everybody knows it's only a Paper Moon hanging in a cardboard sky.

Never argue with idiots; they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Never argue with fanatics; they have had years/decades/centuries to perfect their dogma, which is hard to compete with, not to mention they are often armed and prone to violence.

Green cheese?? What a dolt; everybody knows it's only a Paper Moon hanging in a cardboard sky.

Never argue with idiots; they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Never argue with fanatics; they have had years/decades/centuries to perfect their dogma, which is hard to compete with, not to mention they are often armed and prone to violence.

Arguing with them is like wrestling with a hog. Both of you get dirty, but the hog is use to it.

Don't forget about the alien base on the moon as well.

Ummm kay first of all if you're watching these conspiracy vids on YouTube it's GONNA drive you nuts...

The simple fact of the matter is there's nutcases all throughout human history, and since we have more and more people on this old world every day due to the population explosion, it's safe to say that we have more nutjobs now that ever before, and yeah, it's only gonna get worse. Whether they're "christian", "evangelical", "atheist", "muslim", or whatever other term you want to assign to them, there's more nutjobs of every type and flavor than ever.

Truth is, the nutjobs have always been with us, just like the poor and the truly evil. When the population was a lot lower and there was a lot less "tolerance" of nutjob ideas (back when folks would label you a nutjob and steer clear of you, not take you seriously, and marginalize/ostracize people for being braindead morons... which were better days IMHO) folks that had these sorts of nutcase ideas generally either 1) kept it to themselves or 2) sought out a close coterie of like-minded nutjobs that generally kept to themselves rather than face social stigmatism for being nuts. Now that we live in a society that is tolerant of ANYTHING (more or less), they've all come out of the woodwork-- in fact, the more "nuts" someone is, the more celebrated they seem to be.

The fact that we now have every type of communication and distribution methodology known to man available to pretty much anybody and everybody means that the nutjobs can EASILY record and distribute their nutjob ideas across the planet in a matter of minutes... and it remains essentially "forever" unless purged by the nutjob themself or the website owners. That's a BIG part of it-- even 20 years ago, there just wasn't as large or readily available platform for these kinds of nutjobs to make their loopy views widely available...

Oh well... nothing to see here... just move along... LOL:) If you ignore them, they'll go away... LOL:)

Later! OL JR :)

They are not going away, and they are increasing in number, according to poll results compared with twenty years ago...still a minority yes, but growing.

The "moon landing was a hoax" statistics are increasing, partly in fact due to the "new source of truth" (truth according to these geeks) which is the internet....
Some of them are on an evangelical crusade, and they have dual posts to intelligent design/creationism flat earth (a geocentric version of astronomy vs. heliocentric version) etc.
I'm not sure I like the idea of Ted Cruz in charge of the Congressional science committee and overseeing NASA's budget if this is where we're going.

"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." - Jonathan Swift

one should never try to argue with an idiot, folks might not be able to tell the difference. :)
Rex

The obvious solution is to throw these Christians to the lions as the Romans did. There's always a lull in sporting events after the Super Bowl and I for one have become bored with ISIS beheadings. I mean, if you've seen one you've seen them all, right? Ted Cruz...watch your step! :pc:

Last edited:
These conspiracy cults are undermining the future of the USA by recruiting under average IQ types and brainwashing them. They believe that airliners are spraying chemicals on them, 9-11 was a government attack on it's own people, and our whole space program is faked. But they do believe in ufo's and that aliens are abducting them in their sleep.

I guess they never heard of Occam's Razor.
What literally terrifies me is that it's so easy for the uneducated/unaware populace to latch on to these preposterous ideas, and propagate them to the next generation. Anti-Vaccers are a great example- scientific evidence disproves their hypothesis, yet they endanger the lives of all around them by doggedly refusing to listen to reason. Unfortunately, in my area, at least, the government is doing its fair share of promulgation by cutting back on education in favor of prisons and defense.

Uh... Guys... The fanatics drive me nuts too, but let's refrain from calling out specific religious groups for being literal believers in their holy book. Soon George will be coming along with his prime directive picture! :grin:

That's fair enough. My sarcastic post was designed to illustrate the absurdity of the original post by being absurd. As a believer in the deity of Jesus Christ, I think it is absurd to paint all Christians with the same broad brush as some douche bag on YouTube. Was it really necessary to smear Senator Ted Cruz of Texas by equating him with this internet nutcase?

Those who pervert religion are not righteous, they are perverts...and people who live in glass house shouldn't be throwing stones!

Last edited:
What literally terrifies me is that it's so easy for the uneducated/unaware populace to latch on to these preposterous ideas, and propagate them to the next generation. Anti-Vaccers are a great example- scientific evidence disproves their hypothesis, yet they endanger the lives of all around them by doggedly refusing to listen to reason. Unfortunately, in my area, at least, the government is doing its fair share of promulgation by cutting back on education in favor of prisons and defense.

Thing is with the anti-vaccine folks, is that they are making decisions about what to put in THEIR OWN (or their children's) bodies. That is a fundamental difference IMHO.

I don't get flu vaccinations. No point IMHO. I don't begrudge others getting one if they feel its useful or something they want to do. I won't put up with someone else telling me I *MUST* get one, however...

I was dead set against "Governor Goodhair's" plan to FORCE ALL schoolgirls in the state of Texas to get the HPV vaccine series as a condition to enter sixth grade, either. There are REAL risks with that vaccine (truly, with ANY vaccine, to some extent, but usually the good outweighs the bad) and the whole thing was basically a scam for him to line the pockets of his Merck big pharma buddies. I don't begrudge anyone taking that vaccination if they SO CHOOSE, but I will NOT stand for being told that I "must" take something, or subject my daughter to it, solely on the basis of some gubmint edict.

That is the fundamental difference. The idea that someone "must" take some vaccination or other to "protect other people" is just fundamentally wrong. People need to take responsibility for their OWN health, and if they're particularly susceptible to something, STAY AWAY... It's their responsibility to protect their OWN health, not MY responsibility to ensure that they're "protected"...

Guess it's all a matter of "whose ox is getting gored" though... suffice it to say I'm sure there's PLENTY of other people who disagree with this stance, as is their right. But ultimately *I* have the say-so about what I put into my body and that of my family, as is MY right...

That's fair enough. My sarcastic post was designed to illustrate the absurdity of the original post by being absurd. As a believer in the deity of Jesus Christ, I think it is absurd to paint all Christians with the same broad brush as some douche bag on YouTube. Was it really necessary to smear Senator Ted Cruz of Texas by equating him with this internet nutcase?

Those who pervert religion are not righteous, they are perverts...and people who live in glass house shouldn't be throwing stones!

No. It was not fair to mention Ted Cruz in this discussion and my apologies.
This should not be either a political nor should it be a religious discussion, the focus should be on the conspiracy theory people that are well on their way to discrediting NASA and the Apollo astronauts and their sacrifice and the personal risks they took in this endeavor.
It is ironic that the "moon landing never happened" conspiracy people are in fact both atheists and devout.
It knows no boundaries.

My concern is the extent that they have taken this issue and are influencing both the uninformed and the impressionable youth that were not around back in the 60's yet go to these Internet websites as if that is the arbiter of truth. It certainly has a lot of misguided peer support without the critical perspective.
It is very easy for a generation brought up with sophisticated CGI and powerful home computers to ridicule the technology of the 60's and even claim it was not possible to do what was accomplished back then.

And I am not sure NASA has done much in the way to counter the negative PR issue and may have unwittingly contributed to it.
I'll give an example:

I think we were all happy with the recent Orion mission. Yet these younger NASA spokespersons on the media more than once mentioned one of Orion's goals was to get data on the deadly radiation of the Van Allen belts, which completely fed into one of the main reasons these nit wits claim we couldn't have landed on the moon and why no one has been or gone beyond low earth orbit in 42 years.

Last edited:

Well said...

Notice how that brush can be as WIDE as anyone is willing to make it when it comes to *Christianity* but criticism of ANY other group, real or imagined, is strictly verboten...

Oh well, I expect nothing less in this day and age in this country... signs of the times...

No. It was not fair to mention Ted Cruz in this discussion and my apologies.
This should not be either a political nor should it be a religious discussion, the focus should be on the conspiracy theory people that are well on their way to discrediting NASA and the Apollo astronauts and their sacrifice and the personal risks they took in this endeavor.
It is ironic that the "moon landing never happened" people are in fact both atheists and devout.

My concern is the extent that they have taken this issue and are influencing both the uninformed and the impressionable youth that were not around back in the 60's yet go to these Internet websites. It is very easy for a generation brought up with CGI and computer to ridicule the technology of the 60's and even claim it was not possible to do what was accomplished back then.

And I am not sure NASA has done much in the way to counter the PR issue and may have unwittingly contributed to it.

It's not NASA's "job" to correct nutters on the internet... waste of time as I already pointed out. NOTHING they say or do could ever convince them, anyway, because they would simply concoct some convoluted "reason" why they were seeing what they were seeing, and invent some "conspiracy" to explain why it wasn't true. Nutters are in the job of dismissing anything that clashes with their accepted "worldview" and rejecting or waving away, by whatever means or method, no matter HOW INSANE it might be, how illogical or irrational, etc.

Even if you grabbed a bunch of tinfoil hat moon-landing-hoaxers and flew them to the Moon and landed at an Apollo landing site and showed them the hardware sitting there for the last 40-odd years, they'd STILL get back and claim they'd been drugged in some obscene gubmint conspiracy to convince them it was all real...

I used to have a great uncle on my mom's side... Uncle Red. Used to LOVE sitting and listening to his stories, sitting up in his little old farmhouse in the deep Piney Woods of East Texas, on a cold, rainy, blustery day, sitting by a red-hot woodstove, smelling the sweet scent of burning split pine logs roaring in that old heater, watching him sit there in his overhauls sipping a cup of coffee from that old white china cup he always had... He'd sit and tell stories for HOURS, about growing up following a mule around with a plow across the little red clay clearings in the woods that served as "fields" back in those days... picking cotton by hand and raising cattle, working the land, hunting, fishing, working for the WPA during the Depression, stories from the War, politics, religion, current events, you name it... working in the lumber mills and highway department, driving trucks in the old days, stories about the extended family... plus some surely exaggerated "tall tales", though you could never be sure exactly HOW exaggerated... for instance, his story about the "swamp buggar" (basically, a boogie-man or "sasquatch" type creature he'd seen in the woods as a teen or young man...)

Thing was, with Uncle Red, he was ABSOLUTELY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY CONVINCED of two things-- TV wrestling was REAL (then it was "Houston Wrestling" with Paul Bosch, long before the WWE/WWF screw ups of today), and the moon landing was FAKED. No sense in discussing it with him any further than that, because NO evidence to the contrary would convince him otherwise.

Just how it is. Pick your battles wisely...

Still, what I wouldn't give to sit around that heater on a cold day and listen to those stories again...

It's not NASA's "job" to correct nutters on the internet... waste of time as I already pointed out. NOTHING they say or do could ever convince them, anyway, because they would simply concoct some convoluted "reason" why they were seeing what they were seeing, and invent some "conspiracy" to explain why it wasn't true. Nutters are in the job of dismissing anything that clashes with their accepted "worldview" and rejecting or waving away, by whatever means or method, no matter HOW INSANE it might be, how illogical or irrational, etc.

Even if you grabbed a bunch of tinfoil hat moon-landing-hoaxers and flew them to the Moon and landed at an Apollo landing site and showed them the hardware sitting there for the last 40-odd years, they'd STILL get back and claim they'd been drugged in some obscene gubmint conspiracy to convince them it was all real...

I used to have a great uncle on my mom's side... Uncle Red. Used to LOVE sitting and listening to his stories, sitting up in his little old farmhouse in the deep Piney Woods of East Texas, on a cold, rainy, blustery day, sitting by a red-hot woodstove, smelling the sweet scent of burning split pine logs roaring in that old heater, watching him sit there in his overhauls sipping a cup of coffee from that old white china cup he always had... He'd sit and tell stories for HOURS, about growing up following a mule around with a plow across the little red clay clearings in the woods that served as "fields" back in those days... picking cotton by hand and raising cattle, working the land, hunting, fishing, working for the WPA during the Depression, stories from the War, politics, religion, current events, you name it... working in the lumber mills and highway department, driving trucks in the old days, stories about the extended family... plus some surely exaggerated "tall tales", though you could never be sure exactly HOW exaggerated... for instance, his story about the "swamp buggar" (basically, a boogie-man or "sasquatch" type creature he'd seen in the woods as a teen or young man...)

Thing was, with Uncle Red, he was ABSOLUTELY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY CONVINCED of two things-- TV wrestling was REAL (then it was "Houston Wrestling" with Paul Bosch, long before the WWE/WWF screw ups of today), and the moon landing was FAKED. No sense in discussing it with him any further than that, because NO evidence to the contrary would convince him otherwise.

Just how it is. Pick your battles wisely...

Still, what I wouldn't give to sit around that heater on a cold day and listen to those stories again...

Thanks Luke.

I guess I needed that.

I'd like to be sitting at that heater with you.

Last edited:
To MaxQ, apology accepted.

I frequently wander away from the topic of discussion and into forbidden areas. So to Curious George if you're monitoring this situation, holster your indignation and have a stiff drink. To err is human, to forgive is divine. :wink:

You know, a big reason why there are rules against posts about politics and religion, and sex, are that it can lead VERY EASILY to personal attacks and bad feelings, among other things.

And OL JR has provided 100% proof of that.

And the moderators unexplainable refusal to enforce the TRF rules has encouraged some to keep on breaking rule #1 since nobody EVER gets penalized for it.

Does make me wonder what the heck was posted (and by whom) in the MLK school holiday thread Monday night to get that thread yanked. It was obviously a juicy target for someone to overtly let their inner racist out instead of "just" hiding it behind buzzwords. And if that indeed is what happened I just wish I knew who it was because I would never want to have anything to do with them.

- George Gassaway

DBBj5jw.jpg

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?13110-Rules-and-Guidelines

Rules and Guidelines
Welcome to The Rocketry Forum (TRF)!

1. The goal of TRF is to provide an environment where everyone can kick back, relax, and be comfortable. To that end, certain topics are off-limits -- politics, sex, and religion. Obviously, politics will enter into a lot of discussions, in some regards, especially when discussing such rocketry-related topics as regulations that impact the hobby or human space flight. In addition, many holiday greetings, by their nature, have a religious aspect to them. These are acceptable.

2. In terms of language, images and any other communication, think in terms of what is acceptable in the typical High School. If it's appropriate in that environment, it's appropriate here. Derogatory mis-statement of user or company names are the exception, and are not acceptable.

3. Posts encouraging or supporting illegal activities are to be avoided. This doesn't mean you cannot discuss the trouble someone got into by violating the law. What it does mean is that promoting or encouraging illegal behavior is not acceptable.

4. Software and video piracy links are expressly forbidden, as is harassment, in any form.This includes any harassment based on gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, etc.

5. Because rocketry is an international hobby, and there are numerous rocketry organizations, TRF does not follow the rules of any single organizaton. Instead, we encourage you, the TRF member, to join and support the rocketry hobby organization that best fits you as an individual, and to follow that organizations rules.

6. Research Rocketry (making your own motors, igniters, etc) is a special topic, the specific details of which are not to be discussed except in any area specifically designated for such topics. This includes propellant and igniter compositions, specific product recommendations, and techniques for processing propellant. Posts on the topic of Research Rocketry containing information not widely available in published materials are limited to the access controlled area.

7. To help support these rules, and keep the forum a friendly environment, TRF has a volunteer staff. These individuals will remove or edit messages, as necessary, to maintain the friendly environment.

8. Rules violations will be dealt with based on severity. A severe infraction, such as posting a pornographic picture, or posting spam, will result in an immediate ban from the forums. A more typical violation, such as posting a propellant formula in an inappropriate location, will result in the issuance of an infraction.

9. Infractions will be kept "on your permanent record" for a period of one year from the date they are issued. Yes, we realize that means they're not so permanent, and that's a good thing -- we all make mistakes. We're human.

10. Any user with three infractions on their record will be banned from the forum for a period of time. The duration of the ban will be determined based on the severity of the infractions, as well as past behavior. A ban may last as little as a week, or as long as the lifetime of the forum.

11. In addition, while there may be private areas within the forums, as well as the ability to send private messages, out of public site does not mean out of coverage of the rules. Any message created via the forum must follow these rules -- this includes public and private messages, as well as emails sent to users.

12. All rules apply equally to all areas of the site, including user signatures. In addition, user signatures that are disruptive to the flow of threads (flashing images, excessive colored text, etc) are not allowed. User signatures are not allowed to use anything other than standard font sizes. Signatures found out of compliance are subject to edit, or removal, by the forum staff.

13. Finally, on rare occasions, the forum management may deem it in the best interest of the forum community to put a user onto moderated status, or to outright ban them. These actions may be temporary, or may be permanent, based on behavior and the willingness of the user to modify their behavior. Such actions will not be unilateral, but will be based on forum staff receiving sufficient complaints from the user community as to be determined detrimental to the community.

14. Proving Godwin's Law in a thread will result in the entire thread being yanked. Immediately. Users who cause this to come into play (as determined by the staff) will be subject to infractions and/or banishment, at the staff's discretion, based on the context.

15. Discussion of flights which, in the opinion of the forum staff, are a violation of the NAR or Tripoli Safety Codes are not allowed, and may cause the offending users to be banned permanently.

16. Complaints about vendors, or their service, is governed by the Vendor Complaints Policy.

17. The Yard Sale is the place for posts about items that individuals have for sale, or are interested in buying. Regarding comments about sellers, If you are not involved in a transaction with the seller or do not have current experience (last 6 months) with that seller, stay out of the conversation. Violation of this will result in infractions being issued.

Once again, remember that these rules are meant to be adhered to by the SPIRIT of the rules, not by the LETTER of them.
Last edited by troj; 1st November 2013 at 09:39 AM.

We have some folks who can't follow the rules and be adults. Closed thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back