NFL championship day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
Seattle and New England are stupid, while Green Bay and Indianapolis are awesome.

Crying into my pint glass, that is.

I suspect the first game will be closer than the second. The punt turnover sure reinforces rhe tought.

Extreme poor play at end by Green Bay. Why did the defensive back fall down after the last interception? Also not understanding how a supposed tight end would not catch a ball in their hands on an onsides bounce? And how did the defensive back not have time to readjust and get a play on the ball on the hail-Mary 2 point play?

I have not seen a full team meltdown of that magnitude since the infamous Colts Bucs game in 2003.

Extreme poor play at end by Green Bay. Why did the defensive back fall down after the last interception? Also not understanding how a supposed tight end would not catch a ball in their hands on an onsides bounce? And how did the defensive back not have time to readjust and get a play on the ball on the hail-Mary 2 point play?
The play calling in that game was a joke from start to finish, McCarthy and Capers both need to go.

The play calling in that game was a joke from start to finish, McCarthy and Capers both need to go.

I am not an expert but after the botched onside recovery and the ludicrous two point conversion I am pointing fingers at execution.

Well no SEAHAWK fans on this thread, Oh well , so GO Hawks It's Superbowl time AGAIN!!!!

I wouldn't go that far, but what I really hate about McCarthy is the tendency to get very conservative in the last few minutes. Play the game like the rest of the game to advance the ball, get first downs, not just run it for 3 downs to take a minute or so off the clock. We are still fortunate to have the Pack do as well as they have. No complaints here.

Congrats Hawks, good game!!

I wouldn't go that far, but what I really hate about McCarthy is the tendency to get very conservative in the last few minutes. Play the game like the rest of the game to advance the ball, get first downs, not just run it for 3 downs to take a minute or so off the clock. We are still fortunate to have the Pack do as well as they have. No complaints here.

Congrats Hawks, good game!!
He was too conservative in the FIRST few minutes of the game!

Getting bored... What is that on the back of the Patriots jerseys? Ice? They said temp was 51 at game time, but maybe it's getting colder?

No Colts or Packers in the Superbowl. Yet another Superbowl I have no interest in.
Mr. Bob

No Colts or Packers in the Superbowl. Yet another Superbowl I have no interest in.
Mr. Bob

Now, don't get me wrong here but isn't it two weeks until the Super Bowl? How about a game for 3rd place, call it the Loser Bowl if you will, and see which game draws a bigger TV audience :wave: :wave:

Now, don't get me wrong here but isn't it two weeks until the Super Bowl? How about a game for 3rd place, call it the Loser Bowl if you will, and see which game draws a bigger TV audience :wave: :wave:

Why? So we can watch Green Bay do another face-plant?

No thanks.

Seattle will play in the Superbowl.

Shame Richard "The Mouth" Sherman won't.

So where were the Colts today ? Certainly didn't look anything like the team that played at mile high last week ! I hate N.E. lots of my colts seasons have ended there . Maybe next year .:eyeroll:

I think an OSU versus GB (Colts are not a team, just a QB right now) would be a better game than the Superbowl.

Well, id be lying if i said yesterday wasn't very painful for some us transplanted Cheeseheads :cyclops: now living in Indiana...In a darkened room surrounded by fine Cheeses, Sausage and, Crackers :p there was alot of anger...and, that was the first game! :facepalm:

Now i may NOT be a fan of either New England or Seattle but, yesterday both teams rose up and, played the better game. I know that when i go into work tonight that there are going to be alot of unhappy Colts fans throwing excuses around...

There will always be talk about the money that is thrown around to buy the best talent, bad calls on the field...etc. but, whatever is said i know that "The Pack" played their hearts out and, made some mistakes in the beginning/end. Fatal mistakes...

I'm STILL proud of my team and, later this year we will start again fresh and, hungry. ;) Between that time i have alot of things i have too work on myself and, i'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

I don't know about you guys but, leftover JUMBO Shrimp cocktail for a late breakfast is not a bad way to start a new day....*BURP* :eek:

Oh well...at least in two weeks i get to spend a Sunday watching some of the best commercials i will see all year long...for three hours. Now how am i going to eat that monster Cheeseball this week without stuffing myself up? :eek:

Come here Mr. Cheeseball...where are you hiding in the Fridge? ;)

You're right. It was decided on a coin toss. Anyone else think it's time to revisit the stupid NFL overtime rules? (Also disappointed to see the Colts lose. Maybe next year...)
Had the packer coaching staff pulled out all the stops and played a championship game as a championship game should have been played, there would have been no coin toss.

"The Chad" is NOT having a *good* Packer Backer after morning experience here....:point:

Dude!:surprised: Just think about all our friends who actually like the Minne-snow-ta Vikings, Da Bears or even Detroit. (They've been hurting for ALONG TIME now.) :rofl:

I know! I'll teleport some *Cheeseball* your way! :D Hold on here- *KAPOW!.....sizzle* Delivered! :eek:

I will make sure you get a big Packer Backer hug the next time i'm up at the Bong...

Remember: Dynasty's weren't built in one day...We are coming back slowly but, surely to wreck our Green and, Yellow way on the world.

"The Chad" is NOT having a *good* Packer Backer after morning experience here....:point:

Dude!:surprised: Just think about all our friends who actually like the Minne-snow-ta Vikings, Da Bears or even Detroit. (They've been hurting for ALONG TIME now.) :rofl:

I know! I'll teleport some *Cheeseball* your way! :D Hold on here- *KAPOW!.....sizzle* Delivered! :eek:

I will make sure you get a big Packer Backer hug the next time i'm up at the Bong...

Remember: Dynasty's weren't built in one day...We are coming back slowly but, surely to wreck our Green and, Yellow way on the world.

I'm having a fine day, I never expected the Packers to win yesterday!

Back