NFL championship day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I DID! Even bet myself $5 that they *would* win! Funny thing is....i STILL have that fiver in my wallet this morning!

Now how did that happen?:confused2::eek:

(If you always bet yourself...you NEVER lose.)

I DID! Even bet myself $5 that they *would* win! Funny thing is....i STILL have that fiver in my wallet this morning!

Now how did that happen?:confused2::eek:

(If you always bet yourself...you NEVER lose.)
My mind was made up after seeing both teams play last week, I thought the Packers were going to get strait-up obliterated! Seattle was not themselves yesterday, yet they still won.

My mind was made up after seeing both teams play last week, I thought the Packers were going to get strait-up obliterated! Seattle was not themselves yesterday, yet they still won.

I know...thought the same thing last weekend too. Just was really hoping that TWO WEEKS from now i was going to walk into work and, say "Hey, how about them Colts eh? Looks like dem boys went down like a bunch of g*y waiters at a pasta slinging festival....Want a *munch**munch* Cheese Curd...Ya'll?"

Now that's not going too happen.:(

Yesterday was my birthday and I really wanted a Seahawk win, but, with 6 minutes left in the game and things looking bleak, when I looked down at my birthday presents. Hmmm, a new bowling ball and a jug of Pendleton whiskey and I thought, well, two out of three isn't bad. Then, it happened...OMG! I was shocked, giddy and besides myself all at the same time. Then I thought of all the Packer lovers whose world imploded and their heart fell into their stomach and the pain they must feel. I will have a drink in your honor. The Packers are a hell of a football team.

So where were the Colts today ? Certainly didn't look anything like the team that played at mile high last week ! I hate N.E. lots of my colts seasons have ended there . Maybe next year .:eyeroll:
Being a Pats fan,I could say the same,Colts knocked the Pats out many a time also.

Seattle and New England are stupid, while Green Bay and Indianapolis are awesome.

Crying into my pint glass, that is.
You got that wrong.

New England and Seattle are splendid, while Green Bay and Indianapolis are awful.

Have a pint for the Pats.
:cheers:

Bob

You got that wrong.

New England and Seattle are splendid, while Green Bay and Indianapolis are awful.

Bob
And chip in on an air compressor for Belicheat...:wink:

I have been a Packer fan for 58 years. And even purchased stock the 1st time they offered it. But I feel both Cappers and the head coach are not seeing the game as its played today. They are about 20 years behind. The days of prevent defense and setting on a led are over. They both need to get into todays league.

Yesterday was my birthday and I really wanted a Seahawk win, but, with 6 minutes left in the game and things looking bleak, when I looked down at my birthday presents. Hmmm, a new bowling ball and a jug of Pendleton whiskey and I thought, well, two out of three isn't bad. Then, it happened...OMG! I was shocked, giddy and besides myself all at the same time. Then I thought of all the Packer lovers whose world imploded and their heart fell into their stomach and the pain they must feel. I will have a drink in your honor. The Packers are a hell of a football team.

First off happy belated birthday! :D Or as i call it: Survivor Day... Thanks for the kind words directed at us Packer fans. :eek: My better half has a younger sister and, brother in law that are both transplanted "Midwest" Doctors now living in Seattle. Nick's specialty is feet and, ankles....he has performed alot of work/surgery's on the Seattle players over the years.
It's a small world when you look at who you know and, what they do everyday.

That is something I never heard of before... LEFTOVER jumbo shrimp.

I buy it by the boatload! Pun intended! :lol:

You got that wrong.

Bob

Bob.....With no disrespect (to you) and, the knowledge that *things* east of the Mississippi river flow a general easterly pattern on the way towards Atlantic Ocean...

I will flush twice to make my anger get there faster..."Here's another gallon COMING YOUR WAY!" (The Patriots....NOT Bob's house or general vicinity):horse::horse:

*That's for the angry Colts fans,:rant: about 30 of which i will be stuffed into the same room with.....getting our annual safety briefing at work tonight...with*

It's NOT going to be a happy, happy, joy night at work for this Truck Driver...:eek:

Last edited:
I'm having a great day. My team won by 38. I could see how some of you would feel deflated, though...:p
And they didn't cheat at all...
[video=youtube_share;GT3wryS9hLA]https://youtu.be/GT3wryS9hLA[/video]

So do you think that Payton Manning and the Broncos were sitting around the TV watching the Patriots dismantle the Colts asking themselves; “These guys beat us?”

On the other hand; this is exactly what the Seahawks did to the Broncos in last year’s Super Bowl.

On the gripping hand; I don’t expect a blowout with the Patriots/Seahawks in this year’s SB.

As much as this hurts as a Giants fan...go Patriots.

I really don't like the collection of individuals on the Seahawks.

If I go to the church Super Bowl party it will only be for the food and the conversation.

I have less than zero interest in the teams playing.

I might consider cheering for the Seahawks just because... both the Red Sox and the Yankees are from New England which makes the Patriots vile by association.

And chip in on an air compressor for Belicheat...:wink:
The football is handled by one or more officials before and after each and every play. An official sets the ball before each snap, and an official gets the ball after each play. Unless they are grossly incompetent, how or why did not one of the officials detect a soft ball during the entire first half or during the second half for that matter?

It was raining during most of the game. Balls get wet and get swapped out all the time, so it is not unusual for an official to replace the wet football with a dry one. Additionally, the kicking balls are different than that game balls. IIRC the video shown on TV where "the" ball was replaced occurred after a kick so the ball would normally be replaced by a game ball at that time anyway.

Either team can ask for a ball change or inspection at any time. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the ball, and it can be used as a momentum interruption strategy. I'm going to wait until the league finishes their investigation before I come to any conclusions.

:handshake: :cheers:

Bob

Got lots of kin in Massachussettes, go Patriots!

I guess family up north would not be kin though........ My Irish drinking buddies that are also related to me.

If I go to the church Super Bowl party it will only be for the food and the conversation.

I have less than zero interest in the teams playing.

I might consider cheering for the Seahawks just because... both the Red Sox and the Yankees are from New England which makes the Patriots vile by association.

The MF Yankees are most definitely NOT from New England.

Last edited:
I'm going to Disneyland... before, during, and after. Don't care about this game at all, especially the cheaters, hope they get worked.

A drop of in temperature of 33 F from the indoor storage to the outdoor field will reduce the ball pressure by 2 PSI! As it takes several hours for the internal temperature of the football to equilibrate, so you measure the pressure on the field, or bring it inside and immediate measure the pressure, it will be 2 psi loser. That's physics, not cheating, and I can't find any standards that specify the details of how the football pressure is measured, and that's a problem regardless of any supposed tampering.......

Bob

Bob,
Don't bother bringing facts into the discussion. Haters gonna hate. We will have to cope by watching our team in the Super Bowl again.

Physics doesn't explain why Colts balls met specification in the same temperature environment, unless the Colts kept their balls warm (something I always recommend).

Physics doesn't explain why Colts balls met specification in the same temperature environment, unless the Colts kept their balls warm (something I always recommend).
It's possible that Andrew Luck likes to have his footballs overinflated like Aaron Rogers. So if the Colt's balls were inflated on the high side then they could then still have stayed within specs.

It's possible that Andrew Luck likes to have his footballs overinflated like Aaron Rogers. So if the Colt's balls were inflated on the high side then they could then still have stayed within specs.

Nope if Bob is correct and the pressure drops by 2psi. Colts would have had to cheat high to keep balls in spec.

Edit: So Physics suggest that Colts cheated and the Pats inflated correctly.....

Last edited:
A drop of in temperature of 33 F from the indoor storage to the outdoor field will reduce the ball pressure by 2 PSI! As it takes several hours for the internal temperature of the football to equilibrate, so you measure the pressure on the field, or bring it inside and immediate measure the pressure, it will be 2 psi loser. That's physics, not cheating, and I can't find any standards that specify the details of how the football pressure is measured, and that's a problem regardless of any supposed tampering.......

Bob

Footballs should be tested at 70F at sea level. Do you think you could slap together a testing manual for the NFL?

Bob

I'm challenging you on your math. The air pressure supposedly dropped from 12.5 to 10.5 and there was only a temperature drop of about 11 degrees (F). Why did only *some* of the NE balls lose pressure, and NONE of the other team's? Show me the math!

I was solidly in the Charles Law camp before I saw Brady's press conference. His response (verbal and physical [ gigling ]) when asked if he was a cheater sealed that he knew the balls were at minimum "pushing" the spec. But so what, the NFL has a lousy SOP on this one.

Back