To return or Not to return? That is the question.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to do what makes you happy . . . just don't overextend yourself to the point where orders take two or three months to fill . . . that will only add stress and cause you to question your decisions.

Do I want Badazz to return?

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421987008.814376.jpg

I would suggest that you look to see if this can float as a money mooing hobby. Keeping in mind a hobby SHOULD come after family. If you can make a few bucks selling a little here and there then it might make you happy.

One the other hand if you want this as a full time thing, do your kids a favor and wait.

Perhaps if you have a little free time on you hands, you can pick your best selling rocket and work on a dozen when you can. When they are done, let us know. I'm sure they will go quick.
Put your profits to your girls education fund.
You won't be depriving time for your family, still keep up on your ability's and have some fun, keep some of us happy here, and make it a little easier when your girls go off to college.
Just make sure you make your profit.
Remember, time goes fast, kids grow up real fast. Soon they will be off with friends and their own things in life. So don't waste your special time with them, just for us.

Last edited:
Price it at what it is worth to you, see if people buy it. If so, you have a business. If not, you are in the same place as now. I always wondered why you were giving nearly free labor. I know what aluminum and electricity costs, not to mention the overhead of the machinery you use. You can make a lot of friends that way, but none of them will support you when you go to the poor house.

You have talent. Get paid for it.

I agree with Mike.

Gotta pay the bills as well as yourself with this journey.

I didn't jump on board because I don't fly often so I have quite a few rockets in the shop.. But if you reopen, I'm definitely going to take a look.

I am reminded of the different business models in the wine business. There are the big guys that make 50,000 cases of decent wine, and rely on the sale of large quantities with low profit margins. Then there are the boutique wine makers, true craftsmen, that make a few hundred cases ( in actuality, 5 to 10 barrels.) and don't compete in the same market with the big guys. People that want those wines are willing to pay for them. People sign up on waiting lists for an opportunity to purchase. When the limited supply is gone, they have to wait for the next year.

Eric, you are a craftsman. Folks will line up to buy whatever you are willing to make, in any quantity. You could do limited special edition runs, custom orders, whatever.

It would be badazz if you did do a few runs from time to time.
I love to get a few more of your kits. ��

I'm sure you know my answer Eric.
what ever makes you happy and your girls
Missed ya

+1 for doing what makes you happy. I for one found your rocket kits to be exemplary, underpriced and a joy to build. I would buy more if they were available.

Latest posts

Back