Semroc Is Alive And Well, Support Semroc Thread.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Randy and eRockets for continuing the Semroc legacy! But I'm still sad about Carl and will be sorry to lose the McLawhorn family involvement...

Thank you everyone for the kind words, it is very encouraging.

The containers will be arriving in NC today for the loading of part of Semroc for the trip to Ohio. Additional containers will rotate in next week until everything is loaded. We are using smaller pods so we can receive the stuff more efficiently at the eRockets warehouse. By relocating to Dayton, Ohio, Semroc will be able to function much more efficiently as everything will be basically in one big room. We have staffed up and are ready for the challenge of the move.

Semroc will remain much like it is today emphasizing high quality parts, kits and service. As most of you already know the web page is down while we relocate the server to Dayton. We are currently looking to re-establish relations with vendors who previously sold and are willing to sell Semroc products on their web sites and stores. Anyone interested in selling Semroc may contact me at [email protected]

You will find our shipping service is well established and has plenty of capacity to handle the Semroc flow. Most orders go out the same or next day just like the Semroc of the past. (Unfortunately, we do not have Sheryl on our shipping team so we will not be filling your orders at 3am any more)

We have full intent to produce almost all of the previous kits and will continue new releases, as many as 4 times a year, as soon as possible.

Semroc, and its name will continue as a manufacturer of some of the finest kits in the world. eRockets will continue as an internet retailer of model rocketry boasting the worlds largest selection. Both Semroc and eRockets will share space in the warehouse, share administration, and share shipping and receiving functions.

Thanks again for all of your support,

Randy Boadway
Semroc & eRockets
www.erockets.biz
soon... www.semroc.com

Welcome to the forum newbie :). As first posts go, yours is pretty spectacular and most welcome, as you might imagine. Good Luck with this new venture !

Well, crap, just when you thought it was safe to go back on the interwebs... NSFW (Not Safe For Wallet).

I look forward to seeing Semroc back up and running...but echo others' comments about the loss of the McLawhorn family's 'hand' in the day to day operations. Good luck!

FC

Unfortunately, we do not have Sheryl on our shipping team so we will not be filling your orders at 3am any more.

Randy,
You know, if Sheryl comes up missing, the first place they are going to look will be your place.
No matter how much it would be for the common good, we don't condone kidnapping much around here.....:tongue:

Best of luck to y'all, and hope to see you in Muncie this spring!

Evil Ed

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the kind words, it is very encouraging.

The containers will be arriving in NC today for the loading of part of Semroc for the trip to Ohio. Additional containers will rotate in next week until everything is loaded. We are using smaller pods so we can receive the stuff more efficiently at the eRockets warehouse. By relocating to Dayton, Ohio, Semroc will be able to function much more efficiently as everything will be basically in one big room. We have staffed up and are ready for the challenge of the move.

Semroc will remain much like it is today emphasizing high quality parts, kits and service. As most of you already know the web page is down while we relocate the server to Dayton. We are currently looking to re-establish relations with vendors who previously sold and are willing to sell Semroc products on their web sites and stores. Anyone interested in selling Semroc may contact me at [email protected]

You will find our shipping service is well established and has plenty of capacity to handle the Semroc flow. Most orders go out the same or next day just like the Semroc of the past. (Unfortunately, we do not have Sheryl on our shipping team so we will not be filling your orders at 3am any more)

We have full intent to produce almost all of the previous kits and will continue new releases, as many as 4 times a year, as soon as possible.

Semroc, and its name will continue as a manufacturer of some of the finest kits in the world. eRockets will continue as an internet retailer of model rocketry boasting the worlds largest selection. Both Semroc and eRockets will share space in the warehouse, share administration, and share shipping and receiving functions.

Thanks again for all of your support,

Randy Boadway
Semroc & eRockets
www.erockets.biz
soon... www.semroc.com

Welcome to the forum Randy. I think Randy, NO, I know Randy will do Semroc and the rocketry community proud. I recently placed an order through eRockets, there was a bit of a glitch. Randy promptly took care of the problem.

I look forward to Semroc being back up and running, as they were my go to place for cloning and upscaling rockets.

Once again, welcome Randy.

Jim Forsythe

Just checked Whois records for Semroc.com and it is still registered with GoDaddy under Carl's name. I would think Randy is/will be working to transfer ownership of the domain to himself. I read somewhere that the physical server needed to be relocated to Ohio. That would be accurate if Semroc used their own physical server for their website rather than having it hosted. If so, there would be some technical issues that would need to be addressed in addition to the transfer of domain ownership. I too look forward to having Semroc kits and parts available again and wish Randy the best of luck.

I am going to buy so many semroc kits..... Expect a large order when things are up and running.

Mike

Thank you everyone for the kind words, it is very encouraging. [SNIP]

Hoping to help you out with that once you get things under control.

Wishing you all the best! :D

New members have to get attention somehow! (replying to Dave Carver - I forgot to reply with Quote) Newbie!

BTW, my favorite Semroc kit is the SLS Jaguar. Next favorite: Hustler!

Last edited:
WOW, Great NEWS :clap: The previous posts said it all. Great for the Rocketry Community that SEMROC is back! That it is in good hands, that the reason for the selling/transfer was the loss of a fine man and the pain for the family. Yes the 1st thought was oh oh, need more $$$$$. I do not expect to get orders delivered within 2 nano seconds of THINKING of the order, but I will miss the personal touches Sheryl put on the orders. I pray that this works as a WIN (McLawhorn family) WIN (Randy) WIN (us, the Rocketeers) :D

Good news! Semroc is now listed as registered to Randy B. with GoDaddy as registrar. The site itself isn't up yet, but the background work is getting done.

needs to be updated a bit, but it is a start. good work.
Rex

Nice! Yep, I'm sure there is a lot of work to do before the site gets back to the way it was.

@ boadwayr

Hi Randy,

Just to clarify something here. I'm sure by now that everybody knows that it's Boadway, and not Broadway. However, I'm sure that your name gets mispronounced on occasion, and if I were to meet you someday, I'd like to know that I said it right, rather than see you cringe. So, my question is: How do we correctly pronounce your name? Is it with a long "o" sound (like "boat", or an "aw" sound (like "body")?

Thanks!
Jim

I was wondering about that as well.

@ boadwayr

Hi Randy,

Just to clarify something here. I'm sure by now that everybody knows that it's Boadway, and not Broadway. However, I'm sure that your name gets mispronounced on occasion, and if I were to meet you someday, I'd like to know that I said it right, rather than see you cringe. So, my question is: How do we correctly pronounce your name? Is it with a long "o" sound (like "boat", or an "aw" sound (like "body")?

Thanks!
Jim

Randy, are you going to make Daisy the official mascot for Semroc?

This is good news. Hopefully their retro kits will be back promptly. I've been meaning to clone an Astron Starlight, but if the Semroc kit comes back, all the better...

Hear Bob Sanford's pronunciation at 0:58, then compare it to Mr. Boadway's at 6:05

[video=youtube;ccxMD-SqkKE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccxMD-SqkKE&list=PLzdBQL1k_NRixOVpY-clC77NNY-adoybJ&index=17[/video]

Ok... sounds to me like the long "o" (like "boat", or "abode").

Good to know... I did have it wrong in my head.

Ok... sounds to me like the long "o" (like "boat", or "abode").

Good to know... I did have it wrong in my head.

You where thinkin' it was pronounced like "broadway" without the "r", huh ?

Back