Semroc Is Alive And Well, Support Semroc Thread.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
As all of you are aware, Sheryl recently posted here that the Sale of Semroc was made, and that "Erockets" is now the new Owner.
I have never dealt with Erockets, but have had great interactions with Semroc.
Sadly, I only got back into rockets about a year and a half ago, and Semroc and me only got to do a few transactions.
I have to say that each one of those transactions for parts was very much to my liking, and the quality of their Products was top notch, as good as it gets.
Even when they were at the point of going through selling the company, Sheryl still responded to Emails about orders and everything was most excellent.
I know that as someone who has only been a Customer of theirs for about a Year, I don't have much ability to say how much I enjoy the Semroc Brand, but I also realize that there are plenty of loyal Semroc Fans that would back me up in my support of them.
I beleive that some companies in the Rocketry World deserve a special reverence, and Semroc is at the Top of my List when it comes to that sort of thing.
I am the Proud Owner of a Semroc Blue Bird Zero, and a bunch of Pieces Parts that make up a few of my Scratch Builds.
Best of luck to E rockets and Semroc! Viva la Semroc! And long live Semroc!
The New Website is supposed to be up in the next ten Days, and I'll be looking forward to it!
For anyone that is new to the hobby of Rocketry, check out Semroc for all of the Body Tubes and Nose Cones that you might find yourself in need of.
I'm very happy that Semroc will live on and continue to sell us Rocketry Goodness!!!!:clap:

Looking forward to the Relaunch of Semroc. There's part's that I need, and Semroc was the place to get 'em.

I hope that I can keep my SAM#, as it turned out to match my current area code (503).

Thank you for your kind words. Just one thing, you mentioned about a new web site. I believe Randy said he plans to keep site as is because there is so much more information in the site, other than just partsand kits.

Sheryl

Thank you for your kind words. Just one thing, you mentioned about a new web site. I believe Randy said he plans to keep site as is because there is so much more information in the site, other than just partsand kits.

Sheryl

I get the 'This Page Can Not Be Displayed' error when I go to the SEMROC site. Hope that's just temporary.

Never mind, read the post down in the Vendor's section.

Last edited:

Sheryl

That's great news, Sheryl, on all sorts of fronts! Thanks again for all the years of fun!

Very good news. Semroc has been my favorite company—rocketry or not. I'm delighted that the company will be producing again. Probably 65–70% of my kits and all of my parts came from Semroc. I seriously doubt that I would have gotten back into the hobby as I have if it hadn't been for them. I'm an unapologetic fanboy. Top quality products and service—bar none. Of course, Carl and Sheryl were the magic that made it so. I do hope it continues. Again, I'm delighted.

SAM 0266

Last edited:

Sheryl

That's good to hear. There is a lot of information to be gotten from that web site.

Hope it keeps getting updated and maintained.

The shipping speed from Semroc was at times a bit scary.

Getting kits and parts you wanted/needed before you actually placed the order led me to believe the folks at Semroc were either dabbling in the “Black Arts” or were in possession of their very own “T.A.R.D.I.S. and once you start messing around with temporal continuity things can go horribly wrong.

Just the other day some poor UPS driver opened up the back of his truck and was promptly eaten by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
I once opened my mailbox and was set upon by a Legion of Roman soldiers. Take my word for it; that will leave you shaken for the rest of the day.

Still it is good to know that we will once again be able to purchase the great Semroc products we all came to love. Even if it means there is a chance I’ll have an encounter with a 33rd century mutant bent on world domination.

I hate when that happens.

Last edited:
Hopefully he will be prepared for the massive first wave of orders, I have a feeling he will get hit hard at first.

TA

Very glad to hear they found a buyer. I had seriously considered it myself, and had great conversation with Bruce about it, but just couldn't get the funding together to make it happen.

-Hans

This is the best News I've heard all year. What a great way to start the new year. Can't wait to buy up some more Semroc kits.

David

I think we all have to be patient and see what Randy comes up with when SEMROC is relaunched. And be realistic and not expect miracles overnight.

It's not like Sheryl was sitting on stockpiles of thousands of Saturn 1B and Mars Lander kits. I'll be happy with whatever kits Randy can return to the product line and still maintain the high quality standards Carl established over the years.

And remember that Carl had his entire family employed helping out and often could barely keep up. Randy is going to have his work cut out for him to ramp up to that level. I wish him all the luck in the world, offer my prayers, and even offer a hand if there is anything that I can possibly do that would be of any help.

Randy has been out to a number of ROCI launches up in Muncie, IN. He seems like a like a good, stand -up guy, and will do the Semroc name proud.
Give 'im enough business to keep it worth his while, and don't swamp him (yet):D

Best of luck, Randy!

Evil Ed

I talked to Randy tonight at the weekly rocket build session that TORC703 has been having at the eRocket building. I want to make this clear that this is not an official statement from Randy or eRockets.

1) He is working on an announcement about the purchase of Semroc.
2) Semroc and eRockets are working on shipping stuff to Ohio and then moving it into the eRockets building. This process is going to take some time and require considerable efforts by the good people at both Semroc and eRockets.

I guess I really didn't tell you anything you didn't know or couldn't have guessed at. However, I can assure you Randy and staff are looking forward to the challenge and will be working hard over to get the Semroc line up and running.

I can see it now; two hours after the new Semroc website opens for business Randy is hit with 37million dollars worth of orders.

By the end of the first day he realizes it will take much of the remainder of his life just to fill that first day’s worth of orders.

He bequeaths his great-grandchildren the responsibility for filling the NEXT DAY’S worth of orders.

The sun will grow old, expand into a red giant and swallow the Earth long before the first week’s worth of orders can be filled.

On the bright side; the second week’s total is only half that of the first weeks.

He’ll really need that T.A.R.D.I.S. now.

I talked to Randy tonight at the weekly rocket build session that TORC703 has been having at the eRocket building. I want to make this clear that this is not an official statement from Randy or eRockets.

I really need to start going to those...I have no excuse - I live like 10 minutes away...

1) He is working on an announcement about the purchase of Semroc.
2) Semroc and eRockets are working on shipping stuff to Ohio and then moving it into the eRockets building. This process is going to take some time and require considerable efforts by the good people at both Semroc and eRockets.

I guess I really didn't tell you anything you didn't know or couldn't have guessed at. However, I can assure you Randy and staff are looking forward to the challenge and will be working hard over to get the Semroc line up and running.

What city is eRockets located in?
Would a number of semi-local "volunteers" be needed to help unload trucks or "set up" a warehouse or help organize "stuff" when it arrives?
I think eRockets is near Dayton, Ohio, and since I live in Ohio, and know there's at least two or more Ohio rocketry clubs....well, I'd be interested to help (but don't want to intrude.)

I think a better labeled link in the Resources Section should be added. If you didn't know that they are under Totally Tubular you might have trouble finding them. I have their site booked marked. I can't wait to see the balsa cons come back online. I really like to build around their "G" series of cones. In the last listing there were only the BT58 based versions left. I was about to buy the tubing and centering rings to build 3 rockets based on the 3 sizes, still might do it. I have most of the entire series in all sizes they had available...except the BT80-G4, didn't have the $26 to spend on it :p

So many buy their cones to duplicate rockets in their past, I buy them to build more rockets. Someday I'll have the most toys and be declaired the winner!! :wave:

What city is eRockets located in?
Would a number of semi-local "volunteers" be needed to help unload trucks or "set up" a warehouse or help organize "stuff" when it arrives?
I think eRockets is near Dayton, Ohio, and since I live in Ohio, and know there's at least two or more Ohio rocketry clubs....well, I'd be interested to help (but don't want to intrude.)

Yes, eRockets is near Dayton...north of Dayton, to be more precise. Close to the Vandalia/Huber Heights area. And I was thinking the exact same thing.

Thank you everyone for the kind words, it is very encouraging.

The containers will be arriving in NC today for the loading of part of Semroc for the trip to Ohio. Additional containers will rotate in next week until everything is loaded. We are using smaller pods so we can receive the stuff more efficiently at the eRockets warehouse. By relocating to Dayton, Ohio, Semroc will be able to function much more efficiently as everything will be basically in one big room. We have staffed up and are ready for the challenge of the move.

Semroc will remain much like it is today emphasizing high quality parts, kits and service. As most of you already know the web page is down while we relocate the server to Dayton. We are currently looking to re-establish relations with vendors who previously sold and are willing to sell Semroc products on their web sites and stores. Anyone interested in selling Semroc may contact me at [email protected]

You will find our shipping service is well established and has plenty of capacity to handle the Semroc flow. Most orders go out the same or next day just like the Semroc of the past. (Unfortunately, we do not have Sheryl on our shipping team so we will not be filling your orders at 3am any more)

We have full intent to produce almost all of the previous kits and will continue new releases, as many as 4 times a year, as soon as possible.

Semroc, and its name will continue as a manufacturer of some of the finest kits in the world. eRockets will continue as an internet retailer of model rocketry boasting the worlds largest selection. Both Semroc and eRockets will share space in the warehouse, share administration, and share shipping and receiving functions.

Thanks again for all of your support,

Randy Boadway
Semroc & eRockets
www.erockets.biz
soon... www.semroc.com

Randy, I wish I was in a place where I could sell Semroc rockets... I'll just have to settle for buying them.

Oh, and do me a favor (if you don't already)... Ship to China and/or Taiwan. I may be moving soon.

Back