Punisher av bay Griffin style

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRIFFIN

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421465038.375849.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421465047.249975.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421465056.587629.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421465065.766884.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421465075.920042.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421465085.581847.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421465092.213452.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421465099.839845.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421465106.674091.jpg

This is my version of a simple av bay that is easy to re-prep. Looking forward to a flight soon. L935 awaits!

Jason,

First thing- nice looking dogs. I am a Bull Mastiff owner myself.

A couple questions. First, your wiring is nice and clean and strapped to the board- are you using zip ties or what?

Second, those battery holders- where are they from, and how do they hold up with the moving arm/holder deal?

You did a nice job on that. Did you get your Al plates like that or clean all the anodizing off?

Jason,

First thing- nice looking dogs. I am a Bull Mastiff owner myself.

A couple questions. First, your wiring is nice and clean and strapped to the board- are you using zip ties or what?

Second, those battery holders- where are they from, and how do they hold up with the moving arm/holder deal?

Mark,

The dogs are Boxers and I am a fan of all large dogs with smooshed faces!! The battery clips are found here. https://aeroconsystems.com/cart/flight-avionics/nylon-9-volt-battery-holder/

The wires look like they are strapped to the board... they are not, they are just zip tied together to keep them in place. I use 20 awg stranded wire from radio shack and it is easy to work with and will hold shape when you form it.

Those are the same battery holders I have been using since day 2 (the ones That were used on my L3 build were different) I really like these and they hold up great. I will be buying a few more shortly if any locals want to go in and share an order to save shipping.

Last edited:
You did a nice job on that. Did you get your Al plates like that or clean all the anodizing off?

I got the plates like that. The only downside to being one of Wildmans "Santa helpers" is you sometimes get the prototypes or unfinished pieces. They wont look so shiny after a few flights. The bare aluminum takes a beating from the B/P charges. I try to do my best abd clean them up quickly, but they will never look like they do when they are new.

Jason, thanks.

I thought the dogs might be American Bull Dogs, but I am with you on big dogs with smooshed faces. Here's mine.

P1020285.JPG

Mark,

The dogs are Boxers and I am a fan of all large dogs with smooshed faces!! The battery clips are found here. https://aeroconsystems.com/cart/flight-avionics/nylon-9-volt-battery-holder/

The wires look like they are strapped to the board... they are not, they are just zip tied together to keep them in place. I use 20 awg stranded wire from radio shack and it is easy to work with and will hold shape when you form it.

Those are the same battery holders I have been using since day 2 (the ones That were used on my L3 build were different) I really like these and they hold up great. I will be buying a few more shortly if any locals want to go in and share an order to save shipping.

"Hey mister.....where's the rest of your rocket?"

School Bus yallar?

I was thinking this time to paint it black and yellow instead of yellow and black. Mix it up a bit. It is under construction as we speak.

I'm pretty sure the battery holders that Aerocon sells are Digi-Key BX0033's.

The terminal strip on the sled is for the twist & tuck wires?

Last edited:
Yes, the terminal strip is for the RRC2+ as it has no on board "switch" terminals. It seemed like an easy solution.

Very nice, compact and solid. Like that you only have to stuff wires closing up on the forward bulkhead and can slide the sled out the aft end without disconnecting wires. What did you use for the angle brackets holding the sled to the rods? Were those fabricated from aluminum L stock?

Very nice Hot Tub. I'd show you an av bay Chuck style but it would just be a bunch of parts in a drawer.

Back