American Sniper 5 stars!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to see it, but I would not want to do it in a Theatre, so I'll wait til' it comes out on PPV.
The only things that bug me about the Previews are that he has a Cellphone.
When I was in the Northwest of Iraq from March of 2003 to September of 2004, we did'nt have any Cellphones. They were a Courtmartial-able Offense.
When you are doing your Job, you really should not be thinking about Home.

MyM240B 004.jpg

Last edited:
[video=youtube;NKkRDMil0bw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKkRDMil0bw[/video]

I want to see it, but I would not want to do it in a Theatre, so I'll wait til' it comes out on PPV.
When I was in the Northwest of Iraq from March of 2003 to September of 2004, we did'nt have any Cellphones. They were a Courtmartial-able Offense.

View attachment 251863

I agree with you on the cell phone. but of was based on a true story I wonder if that's how it happened?

View attachment 251863

Not to derail, but what weapon is that?

View attachment 251863

The producers probably insisted on this bit of "artistic license" in order to appeal to the female members of the audience. A friend of mine who is a retired lawyer took his wife to see it this afternoon. Tomorrow, my wife and I are going up to his 35 acre treeless spread. I'll get the straight skinny on the movie and, if the winds are calm.... :cheers:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapCli...6.41081634199969&site=all&smap=1#.VLxUbkfF-So It don't get no better than this! :grin:

Last edited:
I can't wait to see it. I've heard nothing but great things. It will be interesting to see if it is different from the book. When my wife and I saw Lone Survivor, I was a little surprised how different the movie was from the book. Glad to see Marcus Luttrell in it though.

A certain segment of the American population is going into vapor lock over the success and popularity of "American Sniper". They were hoping for an epic FAIL.

There it is.

View attachment 251863

Could the cell phone aspect be explained by the special equipment allowances the SEAL team members have?

John

Well no launch today because I feel like hammered dog poop and the idea of prepping rockets just seems like a lot of work. My lawyer buddy attempted to see American Sniper yesterday in Sherman, but the lines were around the block, so no report. Standing in lines ain't my cup of tea and never was, so we'll probably wait for the video release and pass on the stale popcorn.

Oh well...some days ya win, some days ya lose and some days ya git rained out! Just ask the Packers! :facepalm:

Well no launch today because I feel like hammered dog poop and the idea of prepping rockets just seems like a lot of work. My lawyer buddy attempted to see American Sniper yesterday in Sherman, but the lines were around the block, so no report. Standing in lines ain't my cup of tea and never was, so we'll probably wait for the video release and pass on the stale popcorn.

Oh well...some days ya win, some days ya lose and some days ya git rained out! Just ask the Packers! :facepalm:
Lines around the block to see a movie about a Texas native son kinda figures.

Once I got out of the military I promised myself I'd never stand in line again and I'd quit my first three jobs...just because I could.

I thought it was a great movie! I saw it with my son on Saturday...the afternoon matinee was sold out! Must have been 150 people standing in line to get into the theater...when the movie was over, walked out of the theater to see another long line waiting to get in for the next show!

Could the cell phone aspect be explained by the special equipment allowances the SEAL team members have?

John

I thought perhaps it was a bit of artistic license because the producers felt that using an "old fashioned" telephone (or pay phone) with a corded receiver would be "too unbelievable" or "too hard for viewers to relate to" despite being what really happened.

That's a 240B. We got rid of the 60 while I was still in, and got the M249. A little later we got the 240B, but I never worked with them.

Yeah, that's the 240B, and I was always jealous of the Folks with the M60 E3s.
I got "No Love" for the M249 SAW. 240 or Bust!

Back